Sarkic

How is it in this day and age do so many professional footballers get injured?
It seems that you read about players every week going to be out for a while because they cut their toe nail and strained a calf muscle or something ridiculous.

It seems that you read about players every week going to be out for a while because they cut their toe nail and strained a calf muscle or something ridiculous.
Because they are now highly tuned athletes mate, comparison would be the modern player full of scientific know how would be like an F1 car - stunning when working, but prone to break down if a puff of wind comes from the wrong direction whereas your old school player, let's say Hurlock, was more of a Capri ghia, sure everything would go wrong on it, but you spray some radox and get on with it.

I know which type I preferred watching

Because they are now highly tuned athletes mate, comparison would be the modern player full of scientific know how would be like an F1 car - stunning when working, but prone to break down if a puff of wind comes from the wrong direction whereas your old school player, let's say Hurlock, was more of a Capri ghia, sure everything would go wrong on it, but you spray some radox and get on with it.

I know which type I preferred watching
Absolutely mate, imagine how long Hurlock would last on the pitch nowadays before getting red carded or for that matter how long an opposition player would last after one of his tackles.

I think some of it is to do with the stupid flimsy boots and fancy studs that they wear nowadays. Give me Adidas World Cups anyday.

Absolutely mate, imagine how long Hurlock would last on the pitch nowadays before getting red carded or for that matter how long an opposition player would last after one of his tackles.
I don’t think Terry was dirty he was tough tackling and hard as nails. Dirty in my opinion was Rhino, Muscat, Van Den Hauwe, Thatcher, all of those would stick an elbow in. Terry would be on the pitch longer than them, albeit not that much longer🙂