Roy Larner finally get his deserved recognition.

Just sent them this:

Mr Roy Larner was confronted by three armed, violent terrorists who forced their way into a restaurant, intent on maiming and murdering diners and staff. They had machetes tied to both wrists and wore bomb vests, and had already murdered eight people and seriously maimed and injured forty others. Without hesitation, Roy singlehandedly took them on. He was attacked and slashed many times until his wounds felled him. By his actions, Roy delayed their progress and enabled almost all staff and diners in the restaurant to escape to safety through a back door.

I don't think there is a person alive today who is more deserving of the George Cross award. In wartime such bravery - selflessly putting oneself at the highest possible risk of being killed in order to save countless other people - would have been rewarded with a Victoria Cross. I have met Roy on a number of occasions. He is a quiet, modest man who has been deeply scarred, physically and psychologically, by what he endured and witnessed on that terrible evening. Roy is a working-class south Londoner and Millwall supporter, not a privileged middle-class Hampstead boy. I suspect that a mildly checkered past is the reason why he has never been properly recognised for his truly astonishing bravery. I would also argue that it is precisely that background which produced a man capable of drawing on those levels of courage and, yes, altruism, to save the lives of others. It would mean an enormous amount to Roy, myself and so many others to see him recognised and rewarded as he should be, by his country.

Finally, in awarding the George Cross to Roy Larner, you would be sending out an important, positive message, that to stand against those who would bring destruction to decent, innocent citizens is something to be cherished and acknowledged by the highest authorities in the land. Not to do so is, arguably, to be sending a worrying message - that those who choose to stand against our country's enemies are of no account and undeserving of recognition. In volatile times, that is arguably a dangerous thing to do. It arguably empowers terrorists whilst discouraging those who would stand against them. Please do the right thing and award the George Cross to Roy Larner.
Nice one, mate. Really well written and I'm sure the old man is proud of your creative skills.

Just sent them this:

Mr Roy Larner was confronted by three armed, violent terrorists who forced their way into a restaurant, intent on maiming and murdering diners and staff. They had machetes tied to both wrists and wore bomb vests, and had already murdered eight people and seriously maimed and injured forty others. Without hesitation, Roy singlehandedly took them on. He was attacked and slashed many times until his wounds felled him. By his actions, Roy delayed their progress and enabled almost all staff and diners in the restaurant to escape to safety through a back door.

I don't think there is a person alive today who is more deserving of the George Cross award. In wartime such bravery - selflessly putting oneself at the highest possible risk of being killed in order to save countless other people - would have been rewarded with a Victoria Cross. I have met Roy on a number of occasions. He is a quiet, modest man who has been deeply scarred, physically and psychologically, by what he endured and witnessed on that terrible evening. Roy is a working-class south Londoner and Millwall supporter, not a privileged middle-class Hampstead boy. I suspect that a mildly checkered past is the reason why he has never been properly recognised for his truly astonishing bravery. I would also argue that it is precisely that background which produced a man capable of drawing on those levels of courage and, yes, altruism, to save the lives of others. It would mean an enormous amount to Roy, myself and so many others to see him recognised and rewarded as he should be, by his country.

Finally, in awarding the George Cross to Roy Larner, you would be sending out an important, positive message, that to stand against those who would bring destruction to decent, innocent citizens is something to be cherished and acknowledged by the highest authorities in the land. Not to do so is, arguably, to be sending a worrying message - that those who choose to stand against our country's enemies are of no account and undeserving of recognition. In volatile times, that is arguably a dangerous thing to do. It arguably empowers terrorists whilst discouraging those who would stand against them. Please do the right thing and award the George Cross to Roy Larner.
If that doesn’t get Roy the reward he richly deserves I don’t know what will - absolutely bang on mate

Just sent them this:

Just sent them this:

Absolutely superb! I gave roughly the same message albeit not so impeccably. Very proud of you and us 70s!

Got an acknowledgement from the "Honours and Appointments Secretariat" 👍

I am proud to be associated with this and have sent an appropriate email.

Thank you chaps
Just sent them this:

Blinding mate thank you.

well done to all,the system in this country stinks a total embarrassment.Roy put his life on the line to defend the innocent. I belive or maybe not that the authorities were aware of this scum was going to do something major, i mean they let these scum burn poppies, breach their vile beliefs in public and do nothing.

Roy was a fine example of what this country once was,fearless,abit of backbone. fight the evil not bow down to it.

Just sent them this:

Excellent and beautiful prose Mark. Well done mate and your next pint is on me. Catch you soon. 👍

One of our country's real hero's. Treated appallingly by the usual left wing filth. He deserves the highest award available. Well done Roy, what a man and our real life hero.