Rowett v Edwards

I didn't see the games, but les not be too/so dismissive of G R.

As stated by others, from the N H days, it has been a steady process to get us to where we are today. N H had to sort out the crap left and created by Hollowhead. He did that well, then past on the baton to G R. Who then established us into a top half/formidable championship side.

He has created the best team in possible the last 15 or so years, and now the baton has been passed to Edwards. To me, it is still in a work in progress, and should he take us up, then i think that N H and G R should both be acknowledged for their part in the journey.
Rowett is partly responsible for changing our approach to recruitment. We're no longer gambling on 30 year olds that lack the desire and hunger they once had. Premier clubs were willing to loan us there young prospects. Brought in players that are technically capable. Looking overseas where there's an abundance of talent that see the championship as a route to the premier league. Never threatened by relegation..

A full time overseas scout that spots the likes of Flemming, De Norre and Emakhu. He left us with assets that will turn good profit, gates up by 2,000 and a team that could more than compete in a very tough and money driven league. He left us in a position to be able to attract high quality applicants for the job. I doubt Edwards would have come if we had a squad full of no hopers, journeymen and the club had no direction or structure off the field.

His brand of football was basic but effective. Overall input into the club is how i rate managers. Rowett has done more than most managers in an attempt to change the whole dated ethos of Millwall. We're in a much better place in many ways than we he found us. That for me will be his legacy. He isn't the first manager and won't be the last that we'll play turgid football under. It wasn't much better under Bomber but it got us results- promotion. Rowett got us to within a dry fart of the play offs last season with his style. Whatever we think it's affective and has served us well at times.

Harris got us here, Rowett has kept us here whilst strengthening the squad and turning us into an established and competitive championship team. They laid the foundations. If our new leader Edwards is as good as i think he is then with a bit of luck we can make the next step.

Also got say and it's a rare one from me but i think Kavanagh is a huge step up from Andy fucking Ambler on the football side of things. He's been a real asset to us so far.

Note*** I did say footballing side of things :hehe::hehe:

A bit of time and our support and let’s see how it goes.
We need to be patient and that's something we're notoriously bad at. All part of our make up and toughness but it can often work against us. Unfortunately there'll be some fans expecting, almost demanding more of the same after the great result at Sheffield. If that is not forth coming those same fans are liable to get a bit tetchy and disappointed. At some point we'll hit a bad patch and that is when he'll be tested. He hasn't had to deal with an unhappy vociferous crowd before.

Last edited:
We need to be patient and that's something we're notoriously bad at. All part of our make up and toughness but it can often work against us. Unfortunately there'll be some fans expecting, almost demanding more of the same after the great result at Sheffield. If that is not forth coming those same fans are liable to get a bit tetchy and disappointed. At some point we'll hit a bad patch and that is when he'll be tested. He hasn't had to deal with an unhappy vociferous crowd before.
Having said that, and I agree with your points that we all demand passion and desire from our team- some are just irrational. However, we have a decent team and think we should be nothing but positive. If JE is worth his salt then no one can complain about a mid season finish this year. Anything else is a bonus.

If JE is worth his salt then no one can complain about a mid season finish this year. Anything else is a bonus.
I agree mate but we do have fans that expect us to go one further than last season and make the play offs. That's a tough ask because i think this division is much stronger than last season. The top two are already 19 points ahead of us. There could be a pile of teams all fighting for the last play off spot. Quite happy to see a better style of football and comfortable finishing position for this season. i find with Millwall if you have expectations and targets it becomes less enjoyable to watch and will quite likely end in disappointment. A top half finsih, the two youngens playing more regularly and a good old Millwall style cup run would do me nicely this season. Rowett had zero interest in the cups which i understand but it was going against tradition. There's nothing like turning over one of the big boys at the Den.

Think some fan's are being somewhat harsh to the fact we beat Sheff Wed 4-0.

Ok they're sh*t, granted.

BUT If you look at the nature of the result, in terms of how we played, the attitude and body language of the players... In the THREE sessions Edwards had, it was like chalk and cheese!

The pressure was on Edwards to win this game, regardless of it being his first game in management. He had the weight of us being unbeaten in 5 away games prior to Saturday and the fact Sheff Wed are bottom of the league & terrible.

I reckon if GR was manager for that game, or Barratt, it would of been a 1-0 win with us peering through our fingers in the final minutes, shitting bricks. Unlike Saturday, 3-0 up with 40 mins to go.

It got to the 65th min and I didn't know what to do with myself watching Millwall... I could actually relax and enjoy the game!!!
as well as the three other clubs that have changed their manager around the same have struggled to adjust and not posted a winning start

I agree mate but we do have fans that expect us to go one further than last season and make the play offs. That's a tough ask because i think this division is much stronger than last season. The top two are already 19 points ahead of us. There could be a pile of teams all fighting for the last play off spot. Quite happy to see a better style of football and comfortable finishing position for this season. i find with Millwall if you have expectations and targets it becomes less enjoyable to watch and will quite likely end in disappointment. A top half finsih, the two youngens playing more regularly and a good old Millwall style cup run would do me nicely this season. Rowett had zero interest in the cups which i understand but it was going against tradition. There's nothing like turning over one of the big boys at the Den.
I would be happy with a finish around 10 th if we had a very good run in the fa cup. I’d rather win the cup than go up. Unless maybe we went up winning the play off final. Maybe