Rowett v Edwards

I'm not going to slag off Rowett or think Edwards is our new saviour. But 3 things stood out for me after Saturdays game.

(R) Rowett
(E) Edwards

1. (R) Long balls from cooper to Bradshaw which went into space for him to chase
(E) Cooper playing short balls to midfield players who then played it wide etc

2. (R) Going 2-0 up and defending for 60 minuets
(E) Going 2-0 up and still attacking

3. (R) Long balls from the oppos players and our players just heading it aimlessly anywhere
(E) Long balls from the oppos players and our players taking it on their chests and laying it off
Yes it was refreshing to see no long hapless hoofs but we played a very poor team cannot wait to see how we perform in the next 3 games

Great to see us win but it was Sheffield wed who cannot score but they had their chances and thankfully not clinical in front of goal

love to see us do the same to Coventry at home , next few games will be a big test

Out of the candidates to follow GR I was pleased Joe Edwards was appointed. However, I must say Wednesday were very poor and although 0-4 didn't flatter us, Wednesday had a couple of really good chances. The next few games may well give us more insight to how JE hopes to shape our play.
The game could have been 4-4. We’ve had times like Wednesday when we’ve missed sitters and the goalie has played a blinder. It worked for us, and joe. Other days it might not, this division is very unpredictable and tough. But under joe we should be competitive and with a dose of luck who knows where we go.

Thank fuck. From the thread title I thought this was another of those celebrity boxing matches*

Steady as she goes, there is potential in this team let’s hope Joe and enhance it and the potential talent in individuals. A bit of time and our support and let’s see how it goes. We still need to sort out goals from the sharp end players.

I didn't see the games, but les not be too/so dismissive of G R.

As stated by others, from the N H days, it has been a steady process to get us to where we are today. N H had to sort out the crap left and created by Hollowhead. He did that well, then past on the baton to G R. Who then established us into a top half/formidable championship side.

He has created the best team in possible the last 15 or so years, and now the baton has been passed to Edwards. To me, it is still in a work in progress, and should he take us up, then i think that N H and G R should both be acknowledged for their part in the journey.
the players brought in i think were identified by aldo casper flemming cuffy harding

Think some fan's are being somewhat harsh to the fact we beat Sheff Wed 4-0.

Ok they're sh*t, granted.

BUT If you look at the nature of the result, in terms of how we played, the attitude and body language of the players... In the THREE sessions Edwards had, it was like chalk and cheese!

The pressure was on Edwards to win this game, regardless of it being his first game in management. He had the weight of us being unbeaten in 5 away games prior to Saturday and the fact Sheff Wed are bottom of the league & terrible.

I reckon if GR was manager for that game, or Barratt, it would of been a 1-0 win with us peering through our fingers in the final minutes, shitting bricks. Unlike Saturday, 3-0 up with 40 mins to go.

It got to the 65th min and I didn't know what to do with myself watching Millwall... I could actually relax and enjoy the game!!!

BUT If you look at the nature of the result, in terms of how we played, the attitude and body language of the players... In the THREE sessions Edwards had, it was like chalk and cheese!

The pressure was on Edwards to win this game, regardless of it being his first game in management. He had the weight of us being unbeaten in 5 away games prior to Saturday and the fact Sheff Wed are bottom of the league & terrible.

I reckon if GR was manager for that game, or Barratt, it would of been a 1-0 win with us peering through our fingers in the final minutes, shitting bricks. Unlike Saturday, 3-0 up with 40 mins to go.

It got to the 65th min and I didn't know what to do with myself watching Millwall... I could actually relax and enjoy the game!!!
Think there are some on here who are never happy and try to find a shade of dark in any touch of light that we happen to enjoy.
IMHO

As poor as sheff wed were they'd won their previous home game and only lost 1-0 away the previous week, just makes a change to see us beat whoevers bottom unlike last season where we struggled with the lesser sides
Exactly. Remember Wigan and Huddersfield at home last season. Excruciating.

Bet you can’t remember the last time that happened

As you know NH is a pal but im sorry i didnt see any difference in the style of play between NH and GR. We needed something different a change of direction, we are going to have some bumps in the road, apprenticeships with JM,TTandFL would give the lad a good foundation. They dont have you around them 3 if you dont have something about you. Forget the 4_0 this is about stabilising this year and see where that takes us, push on next year with two or three additions and have a go. It just feels different, they players look like they have had chains taken off
I wouldn’t disagree with any of that but NH’s downfall was his loyalty to Livermore as coach. Yes I get the Millwall Livermore connection but not at Cardiff or Gillingham.

Last edited: