ROWETT OUT

If what your source has told you was true and he signed a new long term contract, why did he go on a free? I mean, the ultimate insult could have been GR selling him for a Pound. The club would have been entitled to it, after all, he was under contract (apparently).

:grinning:
Let go on a free otherwise he sits on the bench for the length of his contract, which makes sense because no one would pay money for him. Also if he is stirring the pot he is lowering the morale of the rest of the team.

An interesting bit of information I was told earlier and its down to Long, he signed a new long term contract towards the end of last season and was handed the number 1 shirt only for Rowett to spend over a million on another keeper and look to move him on.
Long was a popular member of the squad and was saying to other players that if he could treat him like that he could do it to them as well, which could explain why some players don't seem as committed as they once were.
I read earlier that Rowett has said there could be some changes before the transfer window closes, so maybe a few players could be going out the door and a couple of more additions?
Also Rowett does seem to be taking on board the fans concerns in changing his mind on what was his first choice goalkeeper, so maybe he will change his perferred three at the back tactic for something a bit more attacking and entertaining? We will see soon I suspect.

If that is true then the players should fucking concentrate on the job that they are well trained to do and paid handsomely for. The manager is in charge and if he decides, and in this case 99% of the supporters agree, that we needed a new keeper then that’s entirely his decision, fuck all to do with any player no matter how senior they are and how popular their mate was.

I’ve worked in gaffs before where popular blokes have got the bullet and no one threw strops and downed tools. At the end of the day the guvnor wants someone who he can trust to do the job irrespective of if he made everyone laugh by shitting in the staff kettle. The players need to knuckle down and get on with it.

Let go on a free otherwise he sits on the bench for the length of his contract, which makes sense because no one would pay money for him. Also if he is stirring the pot he is lowering the morale of the rest of the team.

Sorry, Ringo, I wasn't doubting you, just querying the source due to it possibly being a rehashed theory. I was just curious and yes, if true, a quick exit was proably on the cards.

If GR could replicate the Home form/atmosphere, that NH did... We'd be top 6 every season.

That said, if NH could of produce the away results that GR does for us now with the home form we had at the time, we'd also be laughing.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda and all that jazz.

GR's a renowned slow starter with 'Wall and his previous clubs. I haven't got the stats to hand, but something like in the last 3 years, the first 10 games of each season, max we've won is 4, and the least was 2/3, in which we finished just outside the play offs...

Think we can only really make a decision a couple weeks after the transfer windows closed. GR has stated he wants more bodies in, so watch this space.

f*cking shite start, but could be worse...
4 out of the eventual top 6 were in the bottom half after 3 games last season.

I’ve just read on Twitter that Luton and Coventry were 23rd and 24th after 4 games, fact checked this online - it’s true.

I appreciate the calls for Rowett’s head are not solely based on the first 3 games of this season, but offers a bit of perspective that a season is 46 games long. Too early to judge yet especially with some potential player incomings due.

Long was just another player that came and went and I don't think we'll ever get to know the whole truth...I thought he was an ok keeper and an upgrade on Bart and didn't warrant any abuse, especially the nonsense that he cost us a play off spot.
As for GR, he has had the luxury of spending more than any previous Wall manager and the club/supporters want to see a bit more from those investments, whether that's down to the manager and his formations/tactics along with the other coaches or whether its down to certain player(s) who knows, but one thing is for sure, shit has got to change.
As supporters, we want to see our team show compete at the very least and not roll over like a dog waiting for its belly to be tickled.

Last season tailed in a dramatic/alarming way and the result against Boro looked like a genuine change in attitude to the way they were going to approach games, sadly, looks like business as usual.
Like to see GR have a change in philosophy about how he wants to try and win games, if not I can see his tenure not lasting much longer...And as someone else pointed out, if there is to be a change, a younger manager who approaches football in a more modern way (but not that tic tac passing amongst the back four shit).
Rant mode off.

Sad ain’t it. I thought JB’s passing would really galvanise the club, fans and management. But in just a few games in to the season we look more divided than ever.
I’ve never been a fan of Rowett's tactics, especially for home games. Easy for me to say as I didn’t travel to Norwich on Sunday, but with JB’s passing we need to stick together at the moment.

Even though I can talk bollocks on here from time to time, I’ve never abused our own at a game as it’s counter productive. The thought of the abuse Rhino got at Brentford still sickens me.

So in other words, since he's been in charge of Millwall, we've ended up in the top half of the table every season... and people still aren't happy.... makes you wonder doesn't it.
Sadly instead of appreciating how well we've fine , we have let expectations rise and any falling g short is seen as failure , we haven't started well any season for a while , its where ypu finish ghag counts and rowetts overall record is above average, as horrible as being at norwich was its just the 3rd game of the season it took us a dozen to find a good performance last season