ROWETT OUT

Just opinions of course, but I think there have been more than one that
have been a tad useful. You have to take loans into account, because that's how clubs our size pad out squads:

We've gone from a team that yoyo's between the 2nd and 3rd divisions to a established and stable championship club. Each season under Rowett we have finished higher. How anyone can think we haven't improved as a team is strange one on me.
Maybe the cunting him off will actually make him understand now how we feel, it kicks him up the arse, he kicks the team up the arse and bob’s your uncle things improve.

A little cunting off didn’t do me any harm, oi fucking pull yourself together you cunt, I then pulled myself together. Stop crying you cunt, I stopped crying, just stop being a cunt and grow up, still working on the latter!!!
He's had plenty of cunting and it hasn't worked yet,

Sad ain’t it. I thought JB’s passing would really galvanise the club, fans and management. But in just a few games in to the season we look more divided than ever.
Yes. It seems all that's been said about JB and his son has been forgotten and not important. It is very important. We're starting to divide and lose faith in something we should all be behind. This isn't the Millwall way.

Presented without comment.

Rowett's finishing positions in the league for all teams he has managed.

2012/13 Burton Albion League Two 4th (lost in play-off semi-final)
2013/14 Burton Albion League Two 6th (lost in play-off final)
2014/15 Birmingham City Championship 10th (took over when they were 23rd)
2015/16 Birmingham City Championship 10th
2016/17 Birmingham City Championship 7th (sacked December 2016 and team finished 19th)
2016/17 Derby County Championship 9th (took over in March 2017)
2017/18 Derby County Championship 6th (lost in play-off semi-final)
2018/19 Stoke City Championship 14th (sacked in January 2019 and team finished 16th)
2019/20 Millwall Championship 8th (took over when they were 18th)
2020/21 Millwall Championship 11th
2021/22 Millwall Championship 9th
2022/23 Millwall Championship 8th
So in other words, since he's been in charge of Millwall, we've ended up in the top half of the table every season... and people still aren't happy.... makes you wonder doesn't it.

So in other words, since he's been in charge of Millwall, we've ended up in the top half of the table every season... and people still aren't happy.... makes you wonder doesn't it.
The way of life in Britain it seems, give people what they want and they will still complain and want more.
I'm sure they are fans who think the standard of football is still the same as 25 years ago, they just can't see that money has opened up the whole world of transfers to the top teams and the trickle down effect along with increased tv money has meant a big rise in standards, it's just that everyones standards have been raised in the Championship so it means we can't play exciting football as the opposition have the same quality in stopping us doing so.

Sad ain’t it. I thought JB’s passing would really galvanise the club, fans and management. But in just a few games in to the season we look more divided than ever.
I thought along the same lines, gradually introduce a few principles that have gone missing in the game, let any player of any age know what they can expect and what is expected of them when they are employed by the club and in return get looked after better than you would elsewhere.
I'd still like to see us tell agents where to go and make the player pays his share of any deal.

I think some one said on here that is it the younger end of our support that have difficulty handling seeing a crap performance. I think that may have a grain of truth in it. That's the way of the modern world. They want everything now. Or maybe I'm just an old git who is more used to failure? One thing I will say is that the most un-Millwall like thing about the whole day was our fans joining the Norwich fans singing songs slagging off our own. Hang your heads in shame. It's one thing venting off on your own but in my book that was embarrassing behaviour.

I always feared we would end up here once GR went back to 5 at the back especially at home

I am not a fan of 5 at the back as it leaves to many gaps and limits our ability to get forward in numbers

it worked a treat at Middlesbrough when everyone was on their game but let’s be honest the Reading game was a shambles and the Bristol City game we were slow and ponderous until the last 10 minutes when the changes were made when we could and should of scored

Murray Wallace came over to clap the East Stand and I though one geezer was going to have a heart attack with the venom of abuse he was offering out

Norwich was poor but we never get anything from the 6 finger brigade at their yard in my lifetime

the thing I find funny is we were all brought up mainly the same way and numerous times my grandparents and parents told me if you can’t take it don’t give it.

when I started going Millwall in the mid 80’s we used to applaud at the Den when players or managers gave it back after we had gave it to them for the game Paul Gascoigne being a prime example

I detest 5 at the back but GR has and will work wonders for us and we always start badly especially away from home

Thankfully I go on holiday Saturday for a couple of weeks so won’t be in my seat for the Stoke game as for me there is nothing worse than seeing our own fans giving dogs abuse to our own team it always leaves a sour taste in my mouth

I have read all the responses on this thread and the are valid points on all sides but we have no devine right to win every game or play perfectly every game

against teams like Norwich or 90% of the teams in this division if we have 2 players operating at 70% we are going to be in trouble

I don’t think sacking GR is the answer after 3 league games in my honest opinion but I deffo would like to see 5 at the back eradicated from the games at the Den

COYL

Rowett won’t go anywhere for now and there certainly won’t be any pressure from above to sack him.

I do think however, our next boss will be a young coach as opposed to a traditional manager. It’s the way a lot of teams are going these days and with a young chairman it would make sense. Someone in the mould of Gary O’Neill, Michael Beale, etc.

Presented without comment.

Rowett's finishing positions in the league for all teams he has managed.

2012/13 Burton Albion League Two 4th (lost in play-off semi-final)
2013/14 Burton Albion League Two 6th (lost in play-off final)
2014/15 Birmingham City Championship 10th (took over when they were 23rd)
2015/16 Birmingham City Championship 10th
2016/17 Birmingham City Championship 7th (sacked December 2016 and team finished 19th)
2016/17 Derby County Championship 9th (took over in March 2017)
2017/18 Derby County Championship 6th (lost in play-off semi-final)
2018/19 Stoke City Championship 14th (sacked in January 2019 and team finished 16th)
2019/20 Millwall Championship 8th (took over when they were 18th)
2020/21 Millwall Championship 11th
2021/22 Millwall Championship 9th
2022/23 Millwall Championship 8th
So you're saying he's a jynx?

So much written, some valid and some nonsense, but all entitled to their views. My views for what they are worth;

Some of our support are wankers.
Those who scream abuse for 90 minutes should fuck off, unless it’s Danny N’Guession.
Coating your own players counter productive.
However, supporter’s, especially those who travel away should be allowed to show their frustrations at the team and management as a collective.
GR is extremely arrogant.
Sarcastic clapping of people who has given their time and money simply stupid.
5 at the back at home, not acceptable, especially with the players we have.
Playing for a draw at home completely unacceptable.
We are entitled to passion, 100% effort and some entertainment.
The football served up is boring.
GR has earned the right to more time, but if he persists with the same approach then he consider his position.
The football is BORING.
Decent fans will vote with their feet if he doesn’t change his approach.
No player should ever give less than 100%!
If they don’t, which an experienced manager should easily be able to recognise, then they should be immediately dropped.
The two young players need to be given longer to impact games, no reason substitutes cannot be made at half time if things not going well.
Dangerous to start them every week, at this stage.
Handle them carefully but progressively.
Two up front at home is a must.
Fleming behind them, if he then doesn’t perform drop him.
Evans can pass a ball, play him with De Norre and Saville.
Plenty of options on the bench, be braver with substitutions.

Just a list of observations and frustrations. We need to get behind the team, but GR needs to give us the opportunity to do so, take the shackles of, attack and stop being stubborn

Think it was Harold Wilson who said a week is a long time in politics. Probably applies to football as well. Remember the train journey home after Wigan at the end of last season which was kore than dire. Players came in for a lot of stick that day but don’t remember anything directed at Rowett. A week later Blackpool performance rescued the situation and a week or so later not sure I could believe standing on CBL at half time 3 – 1 up against Blackburn.

And fine margins. If Tom’s ‘goal’ in first half not ruled out for offside which many didn’t think it was and their second had been ruled out for offside which many thought it was, then the afternoon could have ended up 4-3 to Wall and the season extended.

Don’t have any answers but I’ll be at B’ham – can’t make Stoke – getting behind whatever team GR puts out and hoping we turn up. I actually don’t mind ‘backs to the wall’ games or even boring ones as long as I feel we put an effort in.

Think it was Harold Wilson who said a week is a long time in politics. Probably applies to football as well. Remember the train journey home after Wigan at the end of last season which was kore than dire. Players came in for a lot of stick that day but don’t remember anything directed at Rowett. A week later Blackpool performance rescued the situation and a week or so later not sure I could believe standing on CBL at half time 3 – 1 up against Blackburn.

And fine margins. If Tom’s ‘goal’ in first half not ruled out for offside which many didn’t think it was and their second had been ruled out for offside which many thought it was, then the afternoon could have ended up 4-3 to Wall and the season extended.

Don’t have any answers but I’ll be at B’ham – can’t make Stoke – getting behind whatever team GR puts out and hoping we turn up. I actually don’t mind ‘backs to the wall’ games or even boring ones as long as I feel we put an effort in.
This!

Putting the effort in is the least the players can do in every game they play, and what any of our supporters expect!

An interesting bit of information I was told earlier and its down to Long, he signed a new long term contract towards the end of last season and was handed the number 1 shirt only for Rowett to spend over a million on another keeper and look to move him on.
Long was a popular member of the squad and was saying to other players that if he could treat him like that he could do it to them as well, which could explain why some players don't seem as committed as they once were.
I read earlier that Rowett has said there could be some changes before the transfer window closes, so maybe a few players could be going out the door and a couple of more additions?
Also Rowett does seem to be taking on board the fans concerns in changing his mind on what was his first choice goalkeeper, so maybe he will change his perferred three at the back tactic for something a bit more attacking and entertaining? We will see soon I suspect.

So much written, some valid and some nonsense, but all entitled to their views. My views for what they are worth;

Some of our support are wankers.
Those who scream abuse for 90 minutes should fuck off, unless it’s Danny N’Guession.
Coating your own players counter productive.
However, supporter’s, especially those who travel away should be allowed to show their frustrations at the team and management as a collective.
GR is extremely arrogant.
Sarcastic clapping of people who has given their time and money simply stupid.
5 at the back at home, not acceptable, especially with the players we have.
Playing for a draw at home completely unacceptable.
We are entitled to passion, 100% effort and some entertainment.
The football served up is boring.
GR has earned the right to more time, but if he persists with the same approach then he consider his position.
The football is BORING.
Decent fans will vote with their feet if he doesn’t change his approach.
No player should ever give less than 100%!
If they don’t, which an experienced manager should easily be able to recognise, then they should be immediately dropped.
The two young players need to be given longer to impact games, no reason substitutes cannot be made at half time if things not going well.
Dangerous to start them every week, at this stage.
Handle them carefully but progressively.
Two up front at home is a must.
Fleming behind them, if he then doesn’t perform drop him.
Evans can pass a ball, play him with De Norre and Saville.
Plenty of options on the bench, be braver with substitutions.

Just a list of observations and frustrations. We need to get behind the team, but GR needs to give us the opportunity to do so, take the shackles of, attack and stop being stubborn
Pretty much agree with all of this

If we could start the games like we finish the last ten minutes, ( always seem to be behind at this time), then maybe we could get a quick goal and GR and the back five could defend a lead for once.

If GR could replicate the Home form/atmosphere, that NH did... We'd be top 6 every season.

That said, if NH could of produce the away results that GR does for us now with the home form we had at the time, we'd also be laughing.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda and all that jazz.

GR's a renowned slow starter with 'Wall and his previous clubs. I haven't got the stats to hand, but something like in the last 3 years, the first 10 games of each season, max we've won is 4, and the least was 2/3, in which we finished just outside the play offs...

Think we can only really make a decision a couple weeks after the transfer windows closed. GR has stated he wants more bodies in, so watch this space.

f*cking shite start, but could be worse...

An interesting bit of information I was told earlier and its down to Long, he signed a new long term contract towards the end of last season and was handed the number 1 shirt only for Rowett to spend over a million on another keeper and look to move him on.
Long was a popular member of the squad and was saying to other players that if he could treat him like that he could do it to them as well, which could explain why some players don't seem as committed as they once were.
I read earlier that Rowett has said there could be some changes before the transfer window closes, so maybe a few players could be going out the door and a couple of more additions?
Also Rowett does seem to be taking on board the fans concerns in changing his mind on what was his first choice goalkeeper, so maybe he will change his perferred three at the back tactic for something a bit more attacking and entertaining? We will see soon I suspect.
I think that Long gossip is just a theory someone posted on here, someone’s read it and rehashed it as something someone heard, relayed it to you and now it’s back on the forum!😂

If what your source has told you was true and he signed a new long term contract, why did he go on a free? I mean, the ultimate insult could have been GR selling him for a Pound. The club would have been entitled to it, after all, he was under contract (apparently).

:grinning: