Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

Same as all clubs..season tickets are counted whether theyre used or not
Yeah but Charlton take it to another level. Even their own fans admit that. I’ve heard they give a load of comps out and include them even if they get used or not.

Yeah but Charlton take it to another level. Even their own fans admit that. I’ve heard they give a load of comps out and include them even if they get used or not.

If they told the truth, they would have to declare some minus figure attendance, more absent than present.

It was mentioned on another thread that Greenwich Council are giving away free tickets as well....

Today at 14:52... "One or two seats left to be taken"

Capture.JPG

Not 100% sure but didnt they play us when we just signed the Russians? I remember thinking millwall in the big time, but same old same old we either lost or drew?
Think it was the Russians first game, and at The Den in front of a decent sized expectant crowd, and we lost 🤦‍♂️

Just checked: 13 January 1996, we lost 2-1!

Think it was the Russians first game, and at The Den in front of a decent sized expectant crowd, and we lost 🤦‍♂️

As per normal, we thought we were onto a good thing only to be let down, we were led to believe we had a major coup in signing 2 Internationals and all we got was 2 bottles of Smirnoff.

They was gloating, saying that win contributed to us going down that year. If we hadn’t have lost to them we would have stayed up.

We’ll fast forward to just a few years ago and Matty Smiths last minute goal for us v them at the Den did exactly the same to them, as they went down by just one point I think. And look where they are now.

He who laughs last and all that 😁

One of the best games I have seen was against the Vale on a Monday night at The Den. They were too we were second of the Third Division. 18 ooo and we all came away saying what a great game of football. 0-0 was the score. Both teams clapped off the park.

How did those two reprobates ever pass a medical?
Everyone was buzzing after they signed, not as much as those two cunts where though.

One of the best games I have seen was against the Vale on a Monday night at The Den. They were too we were second of the Third Division. 18 ooo and we all came away saying what a great game of football. 0-0 was the score. Both teams clapped off the park.

Blimey, you've a good memory. We played them away, then at home, both within a week at the start of the 1962/63 season. There was over 12,469 (1-1) at their place and 20,553 (0-0) at The Den

It seems you played in both games, Obeney:
:grinning:

1.JPG2.JPG

Blimey, you've a good memory. We played them away, then at home, both within a week at the start of the 1962/63 season. There was over 12,469 (1-1) at their place and 20,553 (0-0) at The Den

It seems you played in both games, Obeney:
:grinning:

View attachment 23555View attachment 23556
Remember the night home game well. The most exciting 0-0 game I’ve ever witnessed👏

The next morning, in a Scovell Road cafe during a break in my milk round, I read a glowing (Daily Mirror?) report with the headline “Millwall/Vale put on Spurs/Benfica show”👍

The match and that report, two of my most vivid Millwall memories.

Remember the night home game well. The most exciting 0-0 game I’ve ever witnessed👏

The next morning, in a Scovell Road cafe during a break in my milk round, I read a glowing (Daily Mirror?) report with the headline “Millwall/Vale put on Spurs/Benfica show”👍

Obeney (in his above post), was of a similar opinion.
I didn't go, but I seem to remember my dad talking about that night game.
Must of been some game to leave such vivid, long lasting memories to the supporters.

Couldn't find the Daily Mirror (London) version online, but heres a Staffordshire Sentinal report
PortVale(H)1962.png