Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

This one knows the drill

golfaddick
9:11PM edited 9:16PM

I wasn't there but knew we wouldn't win whatever happens.

I remember in the late 80's at the Old Den being 2-0 up with 10 mins to go only to draw 2-2.

Then at home after relegation from the Premier League against 10 men & going into injury time 4-3 ahead only for them to equalise.

And then 4 years ago. 1-1 going into injury time & guess what.....a last minute defeat when we cant defend a corner.

We will never beat them.

They looked half decent the other night but I still don’t think we’ll be playing them for a good few years yet. Unless we draw them in the cup
Its funny how we have avoided them in cups the old League cup Fa cup aint it wippa. You know Law of averages and all that, And for example look how many times as a example we have drawn Northampton say

YET and to make a point a few well known faces were around when i said this and i get reminded of it from time to time, talking about millwall with a few others pointed out How we had never drawn west Ham in a cup Tie both cups post war, The very next week draw comes out West Ham Away !

I know simod cup but not since 1930s , Actually have the programme as well.

With the way it goes with Millwall makes you wonder what would have happened if they beat Swindon that time in the play offs and we would have met at wembley
With the incredible record wall have vs Charlton, and it is incredible, most one sided Derby game in the world.

Fans would have been going well we have to lose one day to em , Wembley obvs would have been a hard one to swallow

They looked half decent the other night but I still don’t think we’ll be playing them for a good few years yet. Unless we draw them in the cup
Anytime they get a decent player they'll have to sell if a championship clubs comes in for them. They are in a lose lose situation becuase they have trump running costs but very little income from tv or matchday sales. It could take them years to get out of that division and even then it could well be a relegation :grinning:

Its funny how we have avoided them in cups the old League cup Fa cup aint it wippa. You know Law of averages and all that, And for example look how many times as a example we have drawn Northampton say

YET and to make a point a few well known faces were around when i said this and i get reminded of it from time to time, talking about millwall with a few others pointed out How we had never drawn west Ham in a cup Tie both cups post war, The very next week draw comes out West Ham Away !

I know simod cup but not since 1930s , Actually have the programme as well.

With the way it goes with Millwall makes you wonder what would have happened if they beat Swindon that time in the play offs and we would have met at wembley
With the incredible record wall have vs Charlton, and it is incredible, most one sided Derby game in the world.

Fans would have been going well we have to lose one day to em , Wembley obvs would have been a hard one to swallow
It is one of the most one sided derbys but not the biggest. I think I read Liverpool over Everton, and Chelsea over Fulham is more one sided