Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

It looks like Moody might be right and The Great Dane isn't that minted (by Premier League standards).
:grinning:

BY RICHARD CAWLEY

Thomas Sandgaard has admitted he would be willing to consider outside investment to speed Charlton Athletic’s climb back to the Premier League.

The Colorado-based Dane, 62, is hoping his takeover of the League One club can happen early next week. And Sandgaard is not ruling out allowing Andrew Barclay and Andrew Muir, who have both tried to buy the Addicks, to come on board.

He said: “Depending how fast we get some success and movement on Charlton, I might need more investment to get us to the best league.

“It could be that I definitely entertain outside investment from those kind of people. From what I can tell they are really good people, easy to work with.”

They are insane.
players are due to get on the coach at 11:45 to leave from Sparrows for Sellout.

Lee sounded very down in his interview about the embargo so I think it would be great if a few dozen fans or more, socially distanced, could be there to cheer the team off.

Short notice I know but we have a few fans local to SE9
Did anybody turn up......... :shake:

Charlton played Palace in a friendly yesterday and I happened upon some of the exchanges over twitter between the two fan bases and this film scene instantly sprang to mind...

How the hell did Millwall FC end up with two of the most middle class, pompous football clubs going as local rivals, it’s bizarre. Like finding out that Galatasaray’s local rival are a club supported by Istanbul’s accountants, IT technicians and graphic designers.

From the No-Life board...

"TBF to the Nigels of all Londons satellite teams, Crawley, Gills, Stevenage, Watford them and Reading, they are currently the biggest."

:rotfl:

I have never previously seen this video, since I don’t spend my days wanking off to videos of aggressive young men on the internet, but they certainly showed our singing section what’s what.

I hope they are still feasting out on the story to this very day. I know my respect for those northern rascals has increased from watching it.

I dare say such a thing has never and would never happen at Wall. The shame of it would be too much.

Singing I mean. Not violence.

Singing I mean. Not violence.
Football hooligan case on hold after defandant injured in court toilet .

Saturday, May 12, 2012 Croydon Advertiser

THE court case of a suspected football hooligan had to be adjourned after the accused was injured in the court's toilet.

xxxx xxxxxx, 19, of Stanley Gardens, Wallington, ran into court crying for his dad after a partition above the urinals at Croydon Magistrates' Court fell on his head, causing a gash.

Court proceedings were halted and an ambulance was called after magistrates ruled it would not be in the "interests of justice" to continue the case – instead adjourning it for two months.

Mr xxxxxx appeared at court on Tuesday, when he faced the possibility being given a football banning order which would bar him from all grounds in the UK.

Before the incident halted proceedings, the court was told xxxxxx was a "prominent" member of the Crystal Palace supporters' group the Holmesdale Fanatics.

Football hooligan case on hold after defandant injured in court toilet .

Saturday, May 12, 2012 Croydon Advertiser

THE court case of a suspected football hooligan had to be adjourned after the accused was injured in the court's toilet.

xxxx xxxxxx, 19, of Stanley Gardens, Wallington, ran into court crying for his dad after a partition above the urinals at Croydon Magistrates' Court fell on his head, causing a gash.

Court proceedings were halted and an ambulance was called after magistrates ruled it would not be in the "interests of justice" to continue the case – instead adjourning it for two months.

Mr xxxxxx appeared at court on Tuesday, when he faced the possibility being given a football banning order which would bar him from all grounds in the UK.

Before the incident halted proceedings, the court was told xxxxxx was a "prominent" member of the Crystal Palace supporters' group the Holmesdale Fanatics.

now that made me laff.:rofl:

now that made me laff.:rofl:
What a mug and typical of the Croydon mafia. All old Nobbery has to chuck at us is the old thug line. It's all he has and keeps him away from admitting that his lot are seen as a nationwide laughing stock amongst other football fans. I could post quite a bit about Palaces so called firms over the years, the women and kids they terrorised and lone blokes that they hospitalised when in a group, but i won't cause their shit don't stink, you see!

Outrageous comment. I’ve always thought Charlton were far more similar to you than to us (and they certainly like to think so).

Only whereas you’re obsessed with wanking off over fictional times you single handed stood up to a firm of 7000 zulus who had you cornered in an ally, when you were 5, they’re obsessed with trains.

You’re like cousins really. I particularly enjoy the way you get all hot and bothered about SE25 not being in London when all of you, Millwall and Charlton, seem to have moved wholesale to north Kent.

Hope you’re all keeping well.

I can’t speak for the hooligans on here, but as a bit of a football history buff I can say that Palace are the only English football club I wouldn’t care about folding, as I have stated many times on here before.

The so-called self-styled ‘Eagles’ are simply the antipathy to what English football is about. Whereas, Charlton fans can be sad cases, not only can Palace fans be a bit sad, but there is no football romance about the Palace story. They remind me a bit of Paris St Germain - and trust me, that’s no compliment.

We didn't have to suck off our chairman and get him to move long term season ticket holders so the ultras could be heard on TV. We don't stop singing when we're losing like your rentafan mongs. We out sing you muggy cunts at your tip every time we land there. We don't need to join the ultra's to sing, we don't need an ex spurs fan to start a fans group. All three sides of our ground sing, young and old, male and female and all Millwall, not a fucking suspect around kids, mong that got fucked off from another London club.

What a fucking string.
Well said

What a mug and typical of the Croydon mafia. All old Nobbery has to chuck at us is the old thug line. It's all he has and keeps him away from admitting that his lot are seen as a nationwide laughing stock amongst other football fans. I could post quite a bit about Palaces so called firms over the years, the women and kids they terrorised and lone blokes that they hospitalised when in a group, but i won't cause their shit don't stink, you see!

Palace and Charlton fans always go the ‘Millwall scum’ route because they know our fan base on the whole could not give a flying fuck about the shit them two argue over.

As we are aware of it how embarrassing it is watching two modestly supported clubs that are also historically second tier clubs, with a significant number of seasons in the third tier arguing about ‘success’ and attendances... And fuck me, talk about two bald blokes arguing over a comb.

Im probably the only Wall fan to ever compare attendances and league history with the anoraks, as the sad cunts get so easily wound up by me pointing out that it really isn’t a case of sleeping giant Charlton and ‘Smallwall’.

We didn't have to suck off our chairman and get him to move long term season ticket holders so the ultras could be heard on TV. We don't stop singing when we're losing like your rentafan mongs. We out sing you muggy cunts at your tip every time we land there. We don't need to join the ultra's to sing, we don't need an ex spurs fan to start a fans group. All three sides of our ground sing, young and old, male and female and all Millwall, not a fucking suspect around kids, mong that got fucked off from another London club.

What a fucking string.
All very fair points.

The typical condescending Palace fan likes to throw the Kent accusation at us because although part of our support has been part of the working class white flight further out into South East London and into Kent deep down it really only serves to highlight their own inadequacies about the bland suburban nothingness of their own club.

A club that has changed colours, badges and nicknames many times over the years to mimic other successful continental clubs in the hope it will give them some kind of identity. It’s why the Holmesdale fanatics are lauded by their support when everyone else in the country is in fits of laughter at their cringeworthy antics. And it’s why Crystal Palace as a club cling tragically to the ‘South London’ banner in the desperate hope that they will be accepted as edgy and relevant. They constantly have to tell everyone who will listen that they are from South London, a bit like the hipsters who carry bags saying ‘Shoreditch’ or T-shirts emblazoned with ‘Brixton’ in a vain attempt to convince not only everyone else but also themselves that they are something they are not, and that is exactly what Palace are.

We know what we are, a small underachieving football club, but we have a character and a rich working class lineage that can be traced right back to the very beating heart of the London docklands. That is why we don’t need to endlessly fib about where we are from and what we are about, nor do we need choreographed singing sections or ridiculous banners or silly smoke displays. We are Millwall with a proud history of working class culture and Crystal Palace however much they try and fake it can never match that.

Members online