Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

I don’t think you’ve ever attended wall then. I’ve not been on here all day but just seen your pathetic/childish responses. Sulking gets you no where. I called you out on the fact you continually degrade people who live in the suburbs and rightly so. To even remotely go there when you live in Thanet is shocking beyond belief. Maybe you have a warped view in things moody being a teacher/ ex teacher kind of says it all on your thinking! Never met a teacher who lives in the real world and has an ounce of common sense. Your not what I call typical Millwall type, Millwall I know do t never try to be clever or big headed or correct people when you haven’t the intelligence to do so. now I wouldn’t mind betting your looking through what I’ve said and thinking it’s bad English! I’ve got news for you mate, it is! And I couldn’t give a flying fuck about it

No, I’m not grading your English. In fact I love how English is so versatile that it can be moulded and shaped lots of different ways & still makes sense.

I think something has been lost in communication here though... I explained why I picked on Sidcup and Sevenoaks... to wind up the Charlton fans that read this thread! When you got angry though, I kept the wind up going... I then said I get confused why it’s okay for some to be WUMs and not others on here! Now you’ve completely blown the wind up, I will explain further... one particular pompous, Millwall hating arse on Charlton Life is from Sidcup (it’s in his handle) and I know he reads this. It was never a dig against the actual place or people. I must admit, I never thought anybody could get this passionate about Sidcup though, so perhaps it has more going for it than I or anybody realised!

As for Thanet, you need to take your own advice here and not be so quick to dismiss it. It has some great places, such as Joss Bay, Broadstairs, Birchington, Margate Old Town, Ramsgate harbour, Westgate... As well as the run down places. I think that’s what gives it a bit of character though.

And yep, agree, many teachers don’t have common sense, nor have they lived in the real world. I think it was a major advantage for me to go into the education sector later on in life... you won’t catch me moaning about workload etc!

I don’t know what the typical Millwall type would be, as we are a club that represents two, possibly three London boroughs. The club have been in my family since the Isle of Dogs and the fact I try to fight my corner on here, rather than just go along with every utterance like a sheep I believe gives me some Millwall credentials at least. But, no, I guess I’m not the lovely, lovely geezer type at all, fair dos.

Ha.

Funny enough, Charlton Athletic poached Ian Dowie from Crystal Palace simply for petty point scoring reasons.

They love to portray themselves as this nice family club, but really, if you scratch the surface, they reflect the pompous and petty nature of one of the areas they draw a lot of support from - commuter belt suburbs.

They gloated and gloated over our problems, caused by us trying to build a modern stadium I may add. Thought it was hilarious that we were close to going out of existence. Despite them experiencing the same horrible feeling just a decade before.

They used their Premier League status to bully their way into stealing young football fans away from Gillingham by swamping Medway with posters, adverts in newspapers, going into schools, giving out free tickets etc etc. No other club has ever deliberately and systematically targeted another club’s catchment area in that way. There has always been a gentleman’s agreement not to do that. Of course, proper big clubs do not need to - Manchester United aren’t having to give out free tickets to school children in Oldham and promise to bus them in for games.

Because they didn’t like some of their club’s decisions, despite spending more than most on players and wages in League One, some started a protest group that went to the lengths of travelling to Belgium to intimidate their CEO by door stopping her elderly parents in an aggressive manner.

I just think that many are the type of neighbour you’d get in a place like Sidcup or Sevenoaks who’d smile to your face, but would be over the moon if they heard that you had been made redundant. Or if you got promoted and bought a new car they’d used their leaf blower to try and scratch it.

Pushing hard today to dig out Sidcup mate :fish:

I
No, I’m not grading your English. In fact I love how English is so versatile that it can be moulded and shaped lots of different ways & still makes sense.

I think something has been lost in communication here though... I explained why I picked on Sidcup and Sevenoaks... to wind up the Charlton fans that read this thread! When you got angry though, I kept the wind up going... I then said I get confused why it’s okay for some to be WUMs and not others on here! Now you’ve completely blown the wind up, I will explain further... one particular pompous, Millwall hating arse on Charlton Life is from Sidcup (it’s in his handle) and I know he reads this. It was never a dig against the actual place or people. I must admit, I never thought anybody could get this passionate about Sidcup though, so perhaps it has more going for it than I or anybody realised!

As for Thanet, you need to take your own advice here and not be so quick to dismiss it. It has some great places, such as Joss Bay, Broadstairs, Birchington, Margate Old Town, Ramsgate harbour, Westgate... As well as the run down places. I think that’s what gives it a bit of character though.

And yep, agree, many teachers don’t have common sense, nor have they lived in the real world. I think it was a major advantage for me to go into the education sector later on in life... you won’t catch me moaning about workload etc!

I don’t know what the typical Millwall type would be, as we are a club that represents two, possibly three London boroughs. The club have been in my family since the Isle of Dogs and the fact I try to fight my corner on here, rather than just go along with every utterance like a sheep I believe gives me some Millwall credentials at least. But, no, I guess I’m not the lovely, lovely geezer type at all, fair dos.
I live in farnborough, kent. Sidcup is irrelevant to me moody I’m just sticking up for the people who live there. as for Sevenoaks if I had a spare million I’d love to live there although not to keen on any snobs.

I

I live in farnborough, kent. Sidcup is irrelevant to me moody I’m just sticking up for the people who live there. as for Sevenoaks if I had a spare million I’d love to live there although not to keen on any snobs.

No one needs to stick up for people that all own their own dishwashers.

Now, Farnborough I like. I live somewhere similar, in the sweet spot between Brighton & Hove beach, the Weald and the Southdowns.

I’ve met loads of irons mate and can honestly say I’ve never known any of them to ever come out with that.
It's true mate. It was never said in a defensive or snide way, just open and honest. What i took from it was, it's there normal same as us being straight and couldn't imagine it any other way.

I

I used to live in farnborough . On the estate.

This was an enjoyable thread back in the day when the trainspotters misery used to be mentioned.

Even the prospect of Charlton being liquidated is so dull, that it was bound to go off track (little train pun there) at some point!

Now we’ve established that I have no real personal vendetta against Sidcup et al, we shall get back to laughing at the anoraks...

I hear they want to petition the government re their unjust relegation.

No one needs to stick up for people that all own their own dishwashers.

Now, Farnborough I like. I live somewhere similar, in the sweet spot between Brighton & Hove beach, the Weald and the Southdowns.
portslade?