Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

I couldn’t give two fucks if he’s any good or not, but please let us sign Lyle Taylor!!

Ha.

Funny enough, Charlton Athletic poached Ian Dowie from Crystal Palace simply for petty point scoring reasons.

They love to portray themselves as this nice family club, but really, if you scratch the surface, they reflect the pompous and petty nature of one of the areas they draw a lot of support from - commuter belt suburbs.

They gloated and gloated over our problems, caused by us trying to build a modern stadium I may add. Thought it was hilarious that we were close to going out of existence. Despite them experiencing the same horrible feeling just a decade before.

They used their Premier League status to bully their way into stealing young football fans away from Gillingham by swamping Medway with posters, adverts in newspapers, going into schools, giving out free tickets etc etc. No other club has ever deliberately and systematically targeted another club’s catchment area in that way. There has always been a gentleman’s agreement not to do that. Of course, proper big clubs do not need to - Manchester United aren’t having to give out free tickets to school children in Oldham and promise to bus them in for games.

Because they didn’t like some of their club’s decisions, despite spending more than most on players and wages in League One, some started a protest group that went to the lengths of travelling to Belgium to intimidate their CEO by door stopping her elderly parents in an aggressive manner.

I just think that many are the type of neighbour you’d get in a place like Sidcup or Sevenoaks who’d smile to your face, but would be over the moon if they heard that you had been made redundant. Or if you got promoted and bought a new car they’d used their leaf blower to try and scratch it.

I grew up in the Borough, Elephant and castle and Bermondsey and I never ever met a Charlton supporter until I met my missus and like so many others moved down to her manor around Eltham/Bexley.

But even round here they are a curious bunch, my boy is thirteen now and among his mates and at school the general impression I get is that all the streetwise kids who are actual match going fans tend to support Millwall, mostly due to the Bermondsey/Peckham/Walworth/Deptford etc diaspora, and they are loyal to the club through thick and thin. But almost every Charlton kid my boy knows from either at school, knocking about round the park or his junior football club seems to follow them half heartedly, often as a second team kind of thing.

I remember when my boy had just started primary school and he made friends with this lad who I noticed carried round a Charlton Athletic school bag. So anyway one day I was waiting outside the gates to pick him up and I saw this boys dad who by then I was on nodding terms with so I decided to break the ice.

‘Hello mate, going to the match tomorrow?’
‘Sorry?’ he replied, so I said ‘You are a Charlton fan ain’t you?, I saw Jack with his Charlton bag’. He gave an understanding grin and said: ‘Ha ha, oh right, no what it is we go a few times whenever they do the cheap ticket thing and they always give out free stuff like bags and water bottles. No no, I’m a Liverpool supporter really.’

Dear Mr. Parry,

I write in order to welcome the decision of the Independent Disciplinary Commission (IDC) advising the EFL in recommending that the EFL deduct 12 points from Sheffield Wednesday FC as a result of being found guilty of financial misconduct (i.e. breaching the profitability and sustainability rules for the three-season reporting period ending with season 2017-18).

However, I am sure you will share with me and many in the wider football community the sense of outrage that the IDC saw fit also to recommend that the points deduction be deferred until next season. Should the EFL accept the recommendation regarding the deferral then this will send a clear message to any would-be unscrupulous club owners that the gamble to engage in financial misconduct (cheating) could be worth it as the punishment does not fit the ‘crime’.

By way of explanation: as a result of irregularities in Sheffield Wednesday’s financial reporting over the three year period ending in 2017-18 the club was able to accrue and disperse resources (for example in player signings, contracts and wages) for the seasons 2018-19 and 2019-20, over and above that which would have been available had the club been previously compliant with the rules. This means that Sheffield Wednesday were operating at an unfair advantage over all other Championship clubs who stayed within the rules when partaking in the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons.

In addition to the seemingly extraordinary amount of time it took for the IDC to come to a conclusion of guilt against Sheffield Wednesday the decision to defer the penalty until next season allows that club to profit yet further into a third season despite the penalty imposed. This is because, not only will Sheffield Wednesday gain financially from finishing in 16th position in the Championship table (rather than 23rd) but they will receive a share of Sky-Bet TV money for next season (2020-21) which will not be received by the club (in this instance Charlton Athletic) who are relegated - effectively as a result of Sheffield Wednesday having cheated and with the punishment for cheating being delayed.

By any accounting method this is patently unfair and will result in a club which followed the profitability and sustainability rules being more heavily punished in financial terms that the club which broke them.

Given all of the above, I urge you to take the necessary steps to appeal the IDC decision relating to the timing of the points deduction and put forward strong arguments as to why the points sanction against Sheffield Wednesday should be imposed this season rather than the next.

Any other course of action would amount to a dereliction of duty and the integrity of the EFL and its Championship competition will surely be brought into total disrepute should it refuse to act in this matter in the way in which the wider football world and even the general public I suspect would agree is required of you.

I have copied this letter to the Member of Parliament for Greenwich and Woolwich whom I know is taking a great interest in this matter (Charlton Athletic FC being in his constituency) and I hope this letter and others he may receive will provide him with the ammunition to air his concerns in Parliament until this matter is resolved in the only satisfactory way in which it can be and that is for justice not to be delayed and for Charlton Athletic not to be relegated and so heavily and unfairly penalised for the failings of another club to keep their house in order.

Yours sincerely

Dr. John P. XXXXXXXXXX BA. FSA

Even the ones with letters after their names can't seem to be able to get their heads around why the EFL will be happy that Sheff Wed are punished, but not to the benefit of Charlton, who were not one of the Injured parties like Burton or Rotherham.

I however can see some logic in punishing a club in the wrong season for including a 'profit' in the wrong season.

Ha.

Funny enough, Charlton Athletic poached Ian Dowie from Crystal Palace simply for petty point scoring reasons.

They love to portray themselves as this nice family club, but really, if you scratch the surface, they reflect the pompous and petty nature of one of the areas they draw a lot of support from - commuter belt suburbs.

They gloated and gloated over our problems, caused by us trying to build a modern stadium I may add. Thought it was hilarious that we were close to going out of existence. Despite them experiencing the same horrible feeling just a decade before.

They used their Premier League status to bully their way into stealing young football fans away from Gillingham by swamping Medway with posters, adverts in newspapers, going into schools, giving out free tickets etc etc. No other club has ever deliberately and systematically targeted another club’s catchment area in that way. There has always been a gentleman’s agreement not to do that. Of course, proper big clubs do not need to - Manchester United aren’t having to give out free tickets to school children in Oldham and promise to bus them in for games.

Because they didn’t like some of their club’s decisions, despite spending more than most on players and wages in League One, some started a protest group that went to the lengths of travelling to Belgium to intimidate their CEO by door stopping her elderly parents in an aggressive manner.

I just think that many are the type of neighbour you’d get in a place like Sidcup or Sevenoaks who’d smile to your face, but would be over the moon if they heard that you had been made redundant. Or if you got promoted and bought a new car they’d used their leaf blower to try and scratch it.
Out of interest where do you live? all you ever seem to do is slag off ppl from these areas! And quite frankly a lot of what you say is a load of old bollocks too. the way you talk down about ppl and areas makes you sound like your from Knightsbridge or something. No one likes a pompous cunt moody but I guess that why you get on well with another 1 on here who thinks he’s better than everyone else.

Even the ones with letters after their names can't seem to be able to get their heads around why the EFL will be happy that Sheff Wed are punished, but not to the benefit of Charlton, who were not one of the Injured parties like Burton or Rotherham.

I however can see some logic in punishing a club in the wrong season for including a 'profit' in the wrong season.

Indeed. He hadn’t called for justice for the likes of Burton Albion or anyone else. Just Charlton Athletic.

The EFL either expunges all Sheffield Wednesday results from the date of the infringement / breaking of FFP and readjust all leagues accordingly, or they make sure that the majority of clubs affected by it since it was brought to book have the advantage of 12 points over Sheffield Wednesday.

Out of interest where do you live? all you ever seem to do is slag off ppl from these areas! And quite frankly a lot of what you say is a load of old bollocks too. the way you talk down about ppl and areas makes you sound like your from Knightsbridge or something. No one likes a pompous cunt moody but I guess that why you get on well with another 1 on here who thinks he’s better than everyone else.

I’m from the well heeled area known as Thanet!

I just hate the suburbs. Sorry!

Tel, you need to read between the lines more.
Do I? I hate charlton and their fans like many but also a lot of wall from these so called areas you talk about and some on here too. my parents started off in abbey wood 39 years ago moved to welling then Petts wood as the business was doing well and they earned it. I don’t get the need to degrade ppl based on where they live. charlton are a pathetic club in my eyes and have a couple of mates who support that crap team and over the years tell me we’re all hooligans etc. Let them crack on! if you had the money to buy a nice house in Sevenoaks what would you do stay in Thanet?

Do I? I hate charlton and their fans like many but also a lot of wall from these so called areas you talk about and some on here too. my parents started off in abbey wood 39 years ago moved to welling then Petts wood as the business was doing well and they earned it. I don’t get the need to degrade ppl based on where they live. charlton are a pathetic club in my eyes and have a couple of mates who support that crap team and over the years tell me we’re all hooligans etc. Let them crack on! if you had the money to buy a nice house in Sevenoaks what would you do stay in Thanet?

Yes, you do. As this proves.

Yes, you do. As this proves.
Being a teacher or ex teacher maybe you should go and educate yourself a bit then. for someone who lives in Thanet I find it quite laughable that you should continually degrade people who live in Sidcup or Sevenoaks as they are a few levels up from that dog hole your in but if you don’t believe that then I guess there’s no talking sense to you

Being a teacher or ex teacher maybe you should go and educate yourself a bit then. for someone who lives in Thanet I find it quite laughable that you should continually degrade people who live in Sidcup or Sevenoaks as they are a few levels up from that dog hole your in but if you don’t believe that then I guess there’s no talking sense to you

Tel, I don’t live in Thanet. I grew up there though and am certainly not a snob - because as you say, it’s not exactly Sandbanks is it.

I also do not think everyone from those places are wankers etc. In fact, I have a good mate from Sidcup.

What I meant by trying to read between the lines, is that some of the pompous arses that support Charlton will read this thread. Much of their support comes from those areas. But as they pride themselves on being the biggest and best club in SE London & hate Palace’s pathetic attempts to be ‘south London’, it’s just a nice mild wind-up to remind them that Millwall are the only proper SE London club by mocking their London/Kent suburbs character. That’s all. It was nothing personal.

However, I will say that whilst I have nothing personal against the people of the London/Kent borders, I personally would hate to live in those areas. I like the sea too much. I find that sprawling suburban landscape a bit suffocating. I’m weird. I like the city and the sea. And whilst Thanet & Herne Bay is a bit rough and ready, I quite like it. Has character & characters - which I do find suburbs often lack. Luckily, I do have the money to buy a house in Sevenoaks, which is why I do not live there!!

:rofl::rofl:Tel how’s your hangover.........

And before you bite my head off
I nearly bit on them fuckin stupid comments Moody made this morning.
Now living in Crayford I would wouldn’t I. Via Bermondsey
Deptford
New Cross
Nunhead
Rotherhithe
Bexleyheath
Can you see a pattern here Moody?
Never met many Anoraks till I lived in Bexleyheath, they are slimy two faced cunts, this is true.
But you can always suss out one of your own in these places a mile off.
A sweeping generalisation by someone so educated.

Deptford
New Cross
Nunhead
Rotherhithe
Bexleyheath
Never met many Anoraks till I lived in Bexleyheath, they are slimy two faced cunts, this is true.

We don’t need one of the luckiest people ever born butting in!!*

Haha

Deptford
New Cross
Nunhead
Rotherhithe
Bexleyheath
haha topped off with another few beers today mate! I’ll be suffering in the morning again!:confused: How’s things with you mate? All good I hope.

Haha

haha topped off with another few beers today mate! I’ll be suffering in the morning again!:confused: How’s things with you mate? All good I hope.
Yeah lucky as ever Tel, never realised
I was another of the so called privelidge in my suburban mansion.* :Fingers:whatever that fuckin means.....

Still cracking on with me shit mate,
how’s the back?

Yeah lucky as ever Tel, never realised
I was another of the so called privelidge in my suburban mansion.* :Fingers:whatever that fuckin means.....

Still cracking on with me shit mate,
how’s the back?
Haha I feel privaledged knowing I live in the suburbs over the stinking shit down there mate. We could all sell up move down there for a quarter of the price and be with all the butch ladies going bingo and the tattooed to the rafters blokes with their string vests. Na your alright I’ll stay where I am :rotfl:
Getting there thanks mate, slowly but surely can stand up straight now but still leaning over slightly. Think I need hanging on the washing line!:grinning: