Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

Yeah, but I still don’t think they’ll get relegated! I can’t see any of the 4 teams currently occupying the relegation spots overtaking the spotters, which is a shame, as they’ve never, ever been in the 4th division, and would love to see that happen at least once in my lifetime!

I would have said the same a few weeks ago, but losing is a habit and Charlton are developing a serious one. A good transfer window will help, but that's not a certainty.

I would have said the same a few weeks ago, but losing is a habit and Charlton are developing a serious one. A good transfer window will help, but that's not a certainty.

A decent manager would help as well. Already, after just two games, the Spotters are already questioning if he has the nouse to get them up. Two games..!
:grinning:

Seems to be an ongoing trend by fans thinking they can dictate who owns, and what owner's can and can't do with, their club.
Reality is if someone has the money and can pass a so called fit and proper owner's test, they can do whatever they want with their club.

Last edited:
Finally we get to meet 'Dodger...', and fuck me, he ain't happy about the new possible owners...
:grinning:

Had to laugh at that! 🤣

What does ‘Dodger’ think him and his flask carrying thermos supporters can actually do in this instance?

Potty mouth videos, protests outside/inside the Valium, supporters staying away to show their disgust at the owner - none of this will make any difference in the long run! If a takeover is imminent, the supporters will not have any say or control as to who the new owners will be - whether they be astute, financially sound businessmen, or more shysters like ESI or Danish Brent!

Spotters are getting excited about a possible half decent transfer budget in the January window! I don’t know why they would think like that - what with their current lowly position in league 1, being 3 points off relegation and not having won in their last 8 games! What Prem or Championship club manager is going to loan out one of his players, hoping they will improve themselves by playing with a bunch of talentless, shit no hopers, whose club look possibly destined for league 2 at the end of this season?

A case in point is Crippled Alice’s Rak-Sakyi. Went on loan to the spotters at the beginning of this season and started off playing very well for them! Fast forward 4 months, and his performance has dipped so sharply that there’s talk among the Anorak faithful that Rak-Sakyi could very well be recalled in the January transfer window!

So where does that leave the spotters? I suppose they could look to buy or loan in Prem or Championship players who are out of favour/coming to the end of their contracts, but could they afford to pay them the same salaries they are getting with their parent clubs? Not only that, but would these players be happy stepping down 1 or 2 divisions, knowing that by the end of this season, they could drop further, after possibly being relegated to league 2?

As a last throw of the dice, they could try to buy or loan in out of favour/end of contract players from leagues 1, 2 and from the Conference, but depending on the size of their transfer budget, they might not have enough money to buy/loan in enough decent quality players to replace the current shit players they have!

There’s only one word to sum up succinctly the shit the spotters are currently in:

FUCKED!!!

Oh dear, how sad, never mind! 🤣