Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

From a spotter

This was a perfect storm, made worse by bad planning and decision making. The infrastructure at Charlton has been decimated by the owner’s cost cutting and there is now very little experience or expertise at the club. Add to that a lack of urgency and foresight on the Brighton side and predictably the supporters paid the price.
There were hundreds of Charlton fans with tickets still queuing to get in past 8pm. My family and I got in 12 minutes late and we only got in then because a steward came to the back of the queue and told us we could use the wrong turnstiles. Given that they couldn’t cope with a few thousand extra fans with tickets, it’s no wonder that it went wrong with Brighton fans needing to get tickets.

Smallwall :wave:
The "My family and I got in 12 minutes late" sounds more like he was complaining about a late running train.

If the massive Charlton pathetic go down to L2 it’ll be fucking hilarious.

They’re still struggling to come to terms with having to play in L1 🤣

Bottom of the form table too with teams below them picking up wins.
Yeah, but I still don’t think they’ll get relegated! I can’t see any of the 4 teams currently occupying the relegation spots overtaking the spotters, which is a shame, as they’ve never, ever been in the 4th division, and would love to see that happen at least once in my lifetime!

Yeah, but I still don’t think they’ll get relegated! I can’t see any of the 4 teams currently occupying the relegation spots overtaking the spotters, which is a shame, as they’ve never, ever been in the 4th division, and would love to see that happen at least once in my lifetime!
Yeah, probably just scrap themselves out of it. Could go to the wire though

It was not so long ago that they were ten points above the drop zone and laughing because the teams below them couldn't pick up points for love nor money. The tables have turned and the arse twitching, Relegation fight is now in full swing. It could happen!!

(y) :rofl:

1.JPG

incoad
Season Ticket Holder

incoad Avatar

Male
DFT, pulled off at half time, and 5 more like this
Post Options

Until a couple of seasons ago we had an owner who :-

1. Funded a decent squad of players

2. Kept club, ground and training facilities under the same ownership

3. Didn't give jobs to his son and girlfriend

4. Seemed to learn from his mistakes

5. Got us promoted

6. Didn't prioritise breaking even above success on the pitch

7. Had a track record in football with a network of clubs

8. Didn't parade an outsize ego around SE7

9. Didn't make vainglorious promises he couldn't keep

10. And perhaps best of all didn't play the guitar (or if he did had the dignity not to inflict it upon the rest of us)

For some reason, a group of misguided supporters decided that none of the above was enough and formed a dreadfully destructive organisation called CARD, whose members dedicated themselves to making the club "unmanagable" and to reducing CAFC's revenue streams - and then had the barefaced cheek to claim they were doing it to "save our club".

:LOL: :LOL:

It was not so long ago that they were ten points above the drop zone and laughing because the teams below them couldn't pick up points for love nor money. The tables have turned and the arse twitching, Relegation fight is now in full swing. It could happen!!

(y) :rofl:

View attachment 20476
They haven't won a league game since October and have probably forgotten how to win. Their upcoming fixtures ain't easy, they could easily go down.

:guitar::guitar::guitar:

:nopity::nopity::nopity:

Smallwalll :wave:

RedmidlandRedmidland
December 29

Sandgaard has to go and go now...we are in free fall and no-one is doing fuck all about it!
The first half was terrible, beyond anything I've EVER seen in all my 63 years of supporting this club.
If a DECENT takeover doesn't happen next week, we are screwed!

Champions league on hold :hmmm:

The arrogance of it

Airman BrownAirman Brown
12:32AM

ElfsborgAddick said:
show previous quotes
You only have to look at the clubs in the National League, should we go down this season THERE IS NO REASON WE CANNOT BE THERE.
There are no clubs in the National League with Charlton’s pedigree, support or stadium. This is because a club of our size won’t be allowed to fall that far without someone stepping in.

There’s a first time for everything and RD is an extraordinary complication but let’s not pretend Notts County, Wrexham, Halifax, Scunthorpe et al are comparable to us. They’re not.

The arrogance of it

Airman BrownAirman Brown
12:32AM

There are no clubs in the National League with Charlton’s pedigree, support or stadium. This is because a club of our size won’t be allowed to fall that far without someone stepping in.

There’s a first time for everything and RD is an extraordinary complication but let’s not pretend Notts County, Wrexham, Halifax, Scunthorpe et al are comparable to us. They’re not.
See this is half their problem over there. They genuinely believe they’re a biggish club. If you spoke to the average spotter he would say that charlton are on par with the likes of Norwich, Derby, Ipswich etc. those sort of clubs. (I even saw one on NoLife say that Sunderland weren’t much bigger than charlton 🤣).
But they couldn’t be further from the truth. Those clubs still get a regular 15k plus PAYING home fans turning up regardless of how shit they are on the pitch, and always take a healthy away following wherever they go. Strip Charlton’s support back to its bare bones, where you’re left with the ‘come what may’ fans who turn up no matter what and their hardcore support is no bigger than ours, yet their deluded fans would think they are much much bigger than us, hence their now ironic nickname for us… Smallwall/Millsmall.
Add the fact that they’re one of the most nondescript clubs in the country and have the least charismatic fan base going and they’re hardly an attractive prospect for any potential buyer. Yet they really think they deserve a decent owner who’s willing to waste tens of millions on them because they have (in their eyes) massive ‘potential’. They have no more potential than any other middle of the road, bang average club.
They should have stuck with Belgium fella. At least he knew how to run them sustainably. But no, they thought they deserved better because, in their eyes, they’re such a massive club. Well they’re paying the price now. So fuck em. Hope they rot.