Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

DaisyEdwards said:
It is time for all of us to start boycotting home games. Let the players and Garner know that we are not interested in the shite that they are serving up. More importantly see how Sandgaard reacts to a completely empty stadium. We are already not far off from this scenario. Come on lets do it.
Natives not happy are they
I can see the Guitar making another appearance at this rate
Await tennis balls and balloons being thrown onto the pitch soon at "The valley of Dreams" mixed with rather salty Language.
;)
"Smallwall"

Last edited:
The Danish Brent took over from owners that were using the club to fund their own personal life and had no money to put into the club,

From their forum

" Getting rid of Roland has been a massive own goal. He did actually make better decisions after the messy first couple of years. Wasn't he willing to sign Ivan Toney if we sold Taylor after winning promotion?

:slap::slap:

AFKABartramAFKABartram
September 24

Club is losing £8m a year, has no real assets, and facing another minimum 22 months at this level. If by miracle it did get promoted at that point, the budget (with no assets to secure against) would need to minimum triple to compete with the likes of Preston, who also can’t compete. The assets are effectively unbuyable.

Probably an OTT post as I’m fed up with them ruining my weekend once again, but we are basically fucked imo.

It was close to death from the ESI deal that separated the assets and then bled money out the club. Sandgaard has effectively taken a personal punt that is going to cost him a lot of his personal wealth, and it extended us as a result. His approach and behaviour generating additional fan disenchantment was probably the last thing we need to throw in the mix right now. We desperately needed him to be a short-term success and then we managed to tie the club back into a more traditional, secure footing, but that just doesn’t look like happening now.

I genuinely don’t see how we get out of this without it leading to another round of punting chancers. Or we at best flatline and continue to slowly shrink as a club.

:nopity::nopity::nopity:

They bang on about Danish Daves share prices in his company plummeting, and that’s had a huge impact on what he can spend, but I also think Danish Dave thought charlton had a lot more potential than they actually have (or what their deluded fans think they have). He’s been sold a huge dud. And so have they. It’s hilarious.

AFKABartramAFKABartram
September 24

Club is losing £8m a year, has no real assets, and facing another minimum 22 months at this level. If by miracle it did get promoted at that point, the budget (with no assets to secure against) would need to minimum triple to compete with the likes of Preston, who also can’t compete. The assets are effectively unbuyable.

Probably an OTT post as I’m fed up with them ruining my weekend once again, but we are basically fucked imo.

It was close to death from the ESI deal that separated the assets and then bled money out the club. Sandgaard has effectively taken a personal punt that is going to cost him a lot of his personal wealth, and it extended us as a result. His approach and behaviour generating additional fan disenchantment was probably the last thing we need to throw in the mix right now. We desperately needed him to be a short-term success and then we managed to tie the club back into a more traditional, secure footing, but that just doesn’t look like happening now.

I genuinely don’t see how we get out of this without it leading to another round of punting chancers. Or we at best flatline and continue to slowly shrink as a club.

If we are losing 10-12m a season then it shows how well run we have become.
They are sacking staff and Brent has his son doing some sort of Director of football job and his missus doing another important job in which she seems not to have a work permit for, whilst we add another member to the board to be part of our new development around the ground.
I wonder when they will stop seeing us as a small club?
I wonder where their next groundshare will be?
Greenwich, Welling, Gillingham, Orient or will the fans still think it would need to be the Taxpayers stadium to fit them all in?

AFKABartramAFKABartram
September 24

"Traditional, secure footing" he says but I wonder if he remembers the 'exiled years' between 1985/1992 that's a fuck of a long time to not be playing at your own stadium.
I also remember chants of "Where's your Valley gone" to the tune of Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep.. :LOL: