Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

At least Danish Dave was true to his word about getting them playing in Europe within 5 years of his arrival. I just don’t think playing Kilmarnock in Marbella in a preseason friendly was what the gullible drips had in mind
If you think about it, England is in Europe so he'd already made good on his promise when they played in League 1. Onwards and upwards for Charlton. Hopefully, they'll play that team from Qatar that Watford wouldn't play and he'll then have them playing intercontinental football.

If you think about it, England is in Europe so he'd already made good on his promise when they played in League 1. Onwards and upwards for Charlton. Hopefully, they'll play that team from Qatar that Watford wouldn't play and he'll then have them playing intercontinental football.
Is it though?

Didn’t everyone in our four nations give up the title of being called a ‘European’ once we left the EU?

I’ve never considered myself to be either European or British! As far as I’m concerned, I’m English, and always have been! Personal preference, I know, but that’s just how I feel about it!

I did wonder, after we left the EU, whether those fuckers in Brussels would be petty enough to not allow us to compete in things like the Eurovision Song Contest, or the Euros (citing that we were no longer Europeans in their eyes), but that hasn’t happened. The reality is, and I think this was highlighted again these past couple of days when Johnson snubbed another of Macron‘s attempts to get us to rejoin the EU, is that France and Germany are realising how much money we used to contribute to the EU coffers, and that shortfall is now having to be filled by the more wealthiest of EU countries, namely France and Germany!

Just another reason amid a hundred others, that leaving the EU was the best decision a UK government has ever made!

Is it though?

Didn’t everyone in our four nations give up the title of being called a ‘European’ once we left the EU?

I’ve never considered myself to be either European or British! As far as I’m concerned, I’m English, and always have been! Personal preference, I know, but that’s just how I feel about it!

I did wonder, after we left the EU, whether those fuckers in Brussels would be petty enough to not allow us to compete in things like the Eurovision Song Contest, or the Euros (citing that we were no longer Europeans in their eyes), but that hasn’t happened. The reality is, and I think this was highlighted again these past couple of days when Johnson snubbed another of Macron‘s attempts to get us to rejoin the EU, is that France and Germany are realising how much money we used to contribute to the EU coffers, and that shortfall is now having to be filled by the more wealthiest of EU countries, namely France and Germany!

Just another reason amid a hundred others, that leaving the EU was the best decision a UK government has ever made!
Europe's been around alot longer than the EU and it will still exist long after the EU is a distant memory. Whatever you think about the EU, it's not Europe and the EU doesn't own "Europe", whatever Europe is.
Either way, for God's sake don't say what you said about England and Europe to any Charlton supporters. If England isn't in Europe any more, that would mean that they won't get to play in the Champions League. They'd be absolutely devastated.

Europe's been around alot longer than the EU and it will still exist long after the EU is a distant memory. Whatever you think about the EU, it's not Europe and the EU doesn't own "Europe", whatever Europe is.
Yes it has, and I was wrong to say that the EU was Europe, it isn’t (even though the EU leaders probably think that!) I’ve been English before the EEC, during the EU name change and after our departure from it!
Either way, for God's sake don't say what you said about England and Europe to any Charlton supporters. If England isn't in Europe any more, that would mean that they won't get to play in the Champions League. They'd be absolutely devastated.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I just don’t think playing Kilmarnock in Marbella in a preseason friendly was what the gullible drips had in mind
Rome wasn't built in a day mate. Danish is just Dangling a carrot to get them fired up for what's to come. Fucking stand back people, hold onto your train sets cause the Phoenix is about to rise from it's slumber and you'll never believe what happens next.

Last edited:
This.

We need ‘Fuck all’ to keep happening, because the entertainment factor from it is off the rails (no pun intended.)

The saying, ‘there’s always someone worse off than you’ has never been so true when it comes to the spotters. Long may Danish Dave reign over SE7, and if his penny pinching in not signing quality players helps him to sack their 4th manager (in two years), by Christmas, thus relegating them to the fourth tier of English football, then I say, more power to his elbow! :grinning:

Is it though?

Your reply suggests they spend years in Div 3, I'd like to think they are capable of Conference football sometime soon.
Nah, you don’t want to not give them some hope that they’ll eventually climb the leagues and reclaim their rightful place at the top of the premier pyramid!

Its their delusional self entitlement that makes half of their posts on their two forums, such comedy gold.

Put them in the Conference and the mass suicide rate around SE7 would be so great, they wouldn’t have any supporters left to tell us that they won the FA Cup, and spent God knows how many seasons in the Premier! :grinning:

Over on Into the Valium, the spotters were talking about their new goal keeper from Ghana, Wollacott, after his blunder which allowed Kilmarnock to score a tap in during their recent friendly.

Invictus had this to say:

“I know there was comments on pressure from Ghana to play at a higher level, but to me it just came across as nerves. Maybe he'll settle into it when the pressure dies down but some players just aren't comfortable playing for big sides.”

big sides?

Charlton?
:rofl:
The season hasn’t even started yet, and they’re already in delusional mode!

Over on Into the Valium, the spotters were talking about their new goal keeper from Ghana, Wollacott, after his blunder which allowed Kilmarnock to score a tap in during their recent friendly.

Invictus had this to say:

“I know there was comments on pressure from Ghana to play at a higher level, but to me it just came across as nerves. Maybe he'll settle into it when the pressure dies down but some players just aren't comfortable playing for big sides.”

big sides?

Charlton?
:rofl:
The season hasn’t even started yet, and they’re already in delusional mode!
My god.