Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

Their incomming managerial list is gathering momentum as 8,000 pairs of red underpants are getting pissed wet through at the thought of dear ol' Nige ending up in the skip opposite Screwfix.

"John Coleman (Accrington). Deserves a chance at a big club like ours".

:grinning:
That’s why we keep this thread going, because we never know what delusional things they’re gonna say next! 🤣

After a break due to following footballs Juggernaut- Charlton take on Europes finest i now annouce this piss take of our flask waving, platform plating, oddball neighbours back on. Let the piss taking begin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The delusion is still real

CAFCTrev

If Nigel stays and somehow gets us in the playoffs, surely that would be one of the all time great Charlton season turnarounds?

When was the last time we were in the relegation zone in October and got promoted (or nearly promoted), has it ever happened?

Mods,

is it possible to somehow merge the new Charlton mk2 thread, into this thread. Seems a bit pointless having two threads on the Spotters, when this one has been going the longest!

Ta muchly in advance,

i think its the first round fa cup draw today
They will be in it
Bromley would be a big draw for them :grinning:
The anoraks are home to Torquay or Havant & Waterlooville.
Bromley are away to Rotherham & Whisky’s lot Maidenhead are away to Pontefract Collieries or Halifax. I suppose we could end up playing one of this lot come January (or wet spam of course)

Whilst one of my genuine favourites on there is that ‘oohaahmortimer’, as I think he’s actually funny... this ‘JoshAddick’ is also very good value on there, but in a different way.

Him and a poster called ‘Doucher’ are brilliant caricatures of what us Wall fans think of as your stereotypical Charlton fan. Brilliantly though, I think they genuinely are sad cases from somewhere like Sidcup with asteroid sized chips on their shoulders about Millwall.

Proper lower-middle class mummy boy whingers:

View attachment 6996
Oi you cheeky fuck. I live in Sidcup now. There was once a Charlton fan next door who moved after we got promoted and I kept pinging champagne corks into his garden.

From the new manager thread:

"I think it'll be Mick McCarthy, not my choice but just have a feeling 🤔"
Would be surprised if Danish Dave were to sack Atkins, as he wouldn’t want to pay out the compo! Think the axe man only went for Atkins because he was out of work, and there was no compo to pay there, either!

I’ve said it before, Danish Dave is in a win - win situation. His dream of owing a football club has become a reality, and through that he’s become, via social media, a celebrity of sorts, which has allowed him to indulge in another of his passions, that of becoming a rock star (I’m trying to keep a straight face as I type those words).

It’s also allowed him to write, publish and use at the Valium his new song, Addicks to Victory (I’m laughing now), in place of their long standing song, ‘Red Red Robin‘ (which has alienated the fan base), but the one thing he hasn’t done, and the Spotters are up in arms about, is invest a decent amount of money into improving the team!

He’s not going to do that, because he doesn’t have the money to spend big. That’s why he only owns the team and not the Valium or the Sparrow Lane training ground, which would have cost him an additional £50M! If the club get relegated this season, and the supporters turn on him (which they will), he will just sell the club to another chancer, for the same amount he paid for it, and just write off the £10M + he’s already spent, as a tax loss. In the long run, he’ll see that owning a football club for a couple of years will have raised his social media profile, and in turn, done the same thing for his company!

Basically, the Spotters are fucked, whatever Dave does! I can’t see McCarthy, or any half decent manager wanting to take over Adkins job, when he won’t know for definite how much money he’ll be given to spend on players, or know if they’ll still be a league 1 club, come the end of this season!

And we think our club has problems! 🤣

Last edited:
The anoraks are home to Torquay or Havant & Waterlooville.
Bromley are away to Rotherham & Whisky’s lot Maidenhead are away to Pontefract Collieries or Halifax. I suppose we could end up playing one of this lot come January (or wet spam of course)
If they end up playing Havant & Waterlooville, and lose, you can just see the headline about Adkins, in the sports pages of the SLP:

‘Havant a clue!’ 🤣