Plymouth v Wall match thread 7.45pm

A perfectly executed shoulder-to-face charge.

Excellent team performance tonight. Harding was outstanding.

A bloke on a Plymouth forum wrote:

'Their second was a joke, Hayden wasn't fouled he was assaulted, ref lets it go and they score. Didn't cost us the game it was 97 mins, but it was just symptomatic for the officials. We didn't play badly, we came up against a street wise team, who knew how to play the ref, when to foul, when to grab a shirt.'

There's some truth in that.

Took a lot of character and determination that performance from everyone involved.
Eleventh in the table after ten games which is normally the point where everyone says let’s see where we are then.
Well 11th is exactly where we deserve to be on performances. If we are there come the end of the season I would be happy enough. But we are capable of more.
As said before would like to be entertained more at home, most of the time the football is very dull and frustrating. Away from home we seem to have it sussed bar Norwich.
At home we need more belief and conviction in our finishing and forward play.
At 1-0 up tonight Flemming broke away with the ball at his feet and we had a numerical advantage but instead of driving on he kept waiting and looking behind him for support . Showed a lack of confidence and belief. Hope his goal , a great finish helps build his confidence moving forward. Muscled out there defender for a great ball to Sav for our second and what a finish George.
Onwards we go , we fear no foe
Rowett out

Really

harding and bart kept us level at half time

thought watmore was brilliant 2nd half, great ball to flemming for the goal. he was the only one that looked to run with the ball - not sure why they didnt do it from the first minute. tonight is another example why I will always prefer going away over home games

Took a lot of character and determination that performance from everyone involved.
Eleventh in the table after ten games which is normally the point where everyone says let’s see where we are then.
Well 11th is exactly where we deserve to be on performances. If we are there come the end of the season I would be happy enough. But we are capable of more.
As said before would like to be entertained more at home, most of the time the football is very dull and frustrating. Away from home we seem to have it sussed bar Norwich.
At home we need more belief and conviction in our finishing and forward play.
At 1-0 up tonight Flemming broke away with the ball at his feet and we had a numerical advantage but instead of driving on he kept waiting and looking behind him for support . Showed a lack of confidence and belief. Hope his goal , a great finish helps build his confidence moving forward. Muscled out there defender for a great ball to Sav for our second and what a finish George.
Onwards we go , we fear no foe
Rowett out

Really
Sums up my feelings also..... Well, apart from the phrase "muscled out"; I'd say "forearm smashed"😁

Loads of praise on tehir forum.

thought we were excellent. of course they were going to be prancing around etc on the wings, btu could they be as clinical as we were? nope! very good performance.
This. In the first half I thought we were going to get turned over, their passing and movement was superb- wondering why can’t we ever play like that.

We soaked it up and took our chances- a quality performance. Would like to see other players push the play up the pitch other than just Watmore. My point being, if we try and play like they did every game, we are L1 bound but a better balance must be found.

Harding, Watmore, Lenny and Danny were the pick for me, in that order.

Christ, I've just had a look on there. Some of our "fans" seem a bit gutted we won. Plymouth have barely lost a home game for 18 months. I guess there are some people that are never happy.
Seen many on FB still not happy. I would hold an argument for both camps though. You cannot go to Plymouth and win, lose so heavily at home and not expect some push back on performances. We are in a very strange situation where we have a manager that sets up to be difficult to beat, so we play some very unappealing football at times - some will argue all of the time.

Thinking about Rowetts possible reaction to the haters, if I was him id be very specific on our performances so far this season.

Boro, Wet Brom, Plymouth - all very good games - 0 goals conceded and everyone’s happy. It’s our home form that needs addressing which is what GR needs to really hone down on.

Let’s find a way to play better at home and the rest will fall into place.

I just hope he can find a way, because the haters (which I’m guilty of being on occasions) are far from leaving this situation alone.

Seen many on FB still not happy. I would hold an argument for both camps though. You cannot go to Plymouth and win, lose so heavily at home and not expect some push back on performances. We are in a very strange situation where we have a manager that sets up to be difficult to beat, so we play some very unappealing football at times - some will argue all of the time.

Thinking about Rowetts possible reaction to the haters, if I was him id be very specific on our performances so far this season.

Boro, Wet Brom, Plymouth - all very good games - 0 goals conceded and everyone’s happy. It’s our home form that needs addressing which is what GR needs to really hone down on.

I just hope he can find a way, because the haters (which I’m guilty of being on occasions) are far from leaving this situation alone.
I think it’s got a lot to do with the formation. As soon as I see we’re playing 3 centre backs and 2 wingbacks I know its going to be boring and to be honest I cannot even be arsed to watch it until the last 20 or so mins. It’s one thing playing it away but at home the onus is on us to go out and get the win and a 442 or 4411 would be a better watch.

Play the same way at home as we do away. 36 matches to go (18 home, 18 away). Win the away matches = 54 points; draw the home ones = 18 points. Sub total = 72 ; Grand Total = 86 points. Possible automatic promotion; definite play-offs. Simples!

I can start immediately as Director of football/ Analyst😁

After Saturday, and a few games before it, I thought the players looked miffed and as if GR had lost the dressing room.

Last night the players showed that little bit of grit and fight again, and had that extra 5 yards of running in them, so now I don’t know what to think.

Yes our two goals had a bit of quality about them but first and foremost came from a bit of hard work and determination. This is a standard that we need to set for the entire season, not just in flashes. We aren’t good enough to rely on talent alone.

If we run and tackle with the same intensity as last night we will be up there again. If we play like we have in recent weeks, in first gear, we will be in trouble.