Plymouth v Wall match thread 7.45pm

Well the bad news is that Plymouth have scored thirteen goals at home this season which is more than any other team in the Championship & we’ve only scored three goals away from home which is the second lowest in the division. Over to you GR

Well the bad news is that Plymouth have scored thirteen goals at home this season which is more than any other team in the Championship & we’ve only scored three goals away from home which is the second lowest in the division. Over to you GR
Looks like 6 or 7 at the back then🤦🏻‍♂️

A long trip and a tough looking fixture against one of the leagues new boys following promotion last season. They can score goal too! Thirteen scored in there first four home games where they've won three and lost once to Southampton who grabbed a 90th minute winner. They've put three past both Huddersfield and Blackburn and six past Norwich in there last home game.

Historically we have a decent record against them. They've beaten us once in our last eleven meetings. We have four wins from those eleven meetings and six draws. Our last visit there in 2015 saw us prevail 5-3 with Lee Gregory netting four times with Aiden O'brien grabbing our fifth.

In case you'd forgotten and a bit of Millwall trivia. We signed wall legend Jimmy Abdou from Plymouth way back in july 2008.

Current team news

Matija Sarkic, Shaun Hutchinson and Tom Bradshaw will miss the journey west, whilst Murray Wallace and Kevin Nisbet will be assessed before kick-off

Safe journey to all those Lions making the long trip

Coyl

Last edited:
this is the sort of game where everyone expects us to lose and we turn up and get a result. that or could be another luton away (which was around this date 4 yrs ago)

Had a cracking weekend down there in about 2004 a 0 - 0 draw, our new striker, can't remember his name but he had a brother who played at Arsenal ? missed a sitter in the last minute
stayed overnight - did the Barbican, Union St etc ended up at a posh yacht club having a wedding reception, probably about another 1,500 there wonder how many there will be there tonight compared to a Sat game

Remember the Gregory game. Think he may have only had 4 shots in the game and all went in! also remember a 3-2 loss there when Alex Rae scored both goals and seemed to be the only one putting a shift in.

Will be heading down a little later. My old lady was born in Modbury not too far from Plymouth and her and the old man retired down there a couple of miles outside the city. Both of their ashes are scattered down that way so will stop off on the way.

They ended our run of 59 games undefeated at home! 😡

I was one of the many kids chasing the ref back to the tunnel at full time for his autograph...

:grinning:

"Later in the decade, Millwall established a record of 59 home games without defeat (43 wins and 16 draws) from 22 August 1964 to 14 January 1967. During this spell, Millwall played 55 different teams, kept 35 clean sheets, scored 112 goals and conceded 33".

Fearing the worst, but hoping for the best. Wonder how brave GR will be if Nisbet don't make it, not very I would suggest.
Must must start to take some of the chances we create as I can see GR having us camped between the half way line and our goal. Safe journey there and back to those venturing to the West Country. 🤞you return having trousered 3 pts.
COYL

Remember the Gregory game. Think he may have only had 4 shots in the game and all went in! also remember a 3-2 loss there when Alex Rae scored both goals and seemed to be the only one putting a shift in.

Will be heading down a little later. My old lady was born in Modbury not too far from Plymouth and her and the old man retired down there a couple of miles outside the city. Both of their ashes are scattered down that way so will stop off on the way.
Going to be a mixed day for you mate, hope all goes well and the lads put in a performance

I have my realistic head on and expecting a right hammering to be honest and this based on results and performances so far....So, unless attitudes, playing players in correct positions with a certain amount of bravery, a positive outcome could see a change in fortunes.

I don’t envy those going tonight. Those of you who are going deserve a medal or a free ticket. When I last went to Plymouth, Kevin Bremner gave me one of his complimentary tickets.