Plymouth v Wall match thread 7.45pm

Always some disappointments in a game, if you win they get accepted and that was a great win last night. However, for me the final whistle was my biggest disappointment, 20 seconds too soon, and just as Billy was charging through to score an opportunist solo goal. What would that have done for his confidence? Ok, I've only just woken up :slap:

Ok you have to remember when away the onus is on the home side to attack, which they did to be fair. They just came up against a keeper who had a blinder and a fresh stubborn defence. Added to that one bit of top quality passing and finishing. I’m not adding savs goal as we all know it should never of stood, but we’ll take it from a lovely ref. It all changes at home where we usually get heavily pressed back and we struggle to pass our way to the front, which adds to frustration then lack of concentration, leading to the opponents growing in confidence. Bit like us really last night. Psychology needs to be better too. Try pretending we are playing the team at the top every week who haven’t been beaten or let in a goal. Mom was hard last night. A few shone. Possibly Bart.
Harding all day as Mom didn’t turn up as she was washing her hair! 🤣

Is there a coincidence between last nights game and our end of last season collapse ? Last season (except the last 5 games) we played a composed confident skilful centre half in Creswell, last night we played Harding who has the same attributes and the team looked and played completely different to Saturdays debacle.

After Saturday, and a few games before it, I thought the players looked miffed and as if GR had lost the dressing room.

Last night the players showed that little bit of grit and fight again, and had that extra 5 yards of running in them, so now I don’t know what to think.

Yes our two goals had a bit of quality about them but first and foremost came from a bit of hard work and determination. This is a standard that we need to set for the entire season, not just in flashes. We aren’t good enough to rely on talent alone.

If we run and tackle with the same intensity as last night we will be up there again. If we play like we have in recent weeks, in first gear, we will be in trouble.
I agree, it’s strange. May have something to do with the fans more than we realise. Those who go away probably don’t spend time at home games berating the team or Manager. The way some of our fans turn against the players is madness. We pretty much all think the formation and tactics are boring and the players do their best in the positions they are being asked to play in.

Is there a coincidence between last nights game and our end of last season collapse ? Last season (except the last 5 games) we played a composed confident skilful centre half in Creswell, last night we played Harding who has the same attributes and the team looked and played completely different to Saturdays debacle.
I think maybe you might have something there.
Wes was interviewed after the game.
Seems a good, sensible, level headed bloke.
No ego, just a professional who knows his job.

Very valid point. Could he be the link we needed?

I agree, it’s strange. May have something to do with the fans more than we realise. Those who go away probably don’t spend time at home games berating the team or Manager. The way some of our fans turn against the players is madness. We pretty much all think the formation and tactics are boring and the players do their best in the positions they are being asked to play in.
I’ve had the theory for decades that our crowd put so much pressure of the players that they rush things and lose composure 🤷‍♂️

I think maybe you might have something there.
Wes was interviewed after the game.
Seems a good, sensible, level headed bloke.
No ego, just a professional who knows his job.
Wes takes him out! 👍😉