Overnight money on Beale

This is a good post and some good points made.

I agree with @PurleyLion though. This squad definitely has more to offer going forward. The likes of Flemming, De Norre, BNC and Longman all are better attacking than defending and any new manager would surely be salivating at the prospect of working with and developing Emakhu and Esse, who are two of the best young players we have had in a very long time.

You have to trust the new Chairman to get the appointment right. Rowett was the right choice last time, but it could have been very different if someone like Ainsworth got the job so they will be thorough and James Berylson will not want his first big decision to be a bad one.
Not noticed that has been mentioned yet , we have 8/9 youngsters on loan or recently been in the matchday squad so it would make sense that we employ a manager that is capable of making the most of their potential rather than a hollowhead type who will try and play it safe with experienced players and Beale does have that in his cv, looking at his coaching history, it does look good and the Rangers job is very different to ours.

I hope he leaves the club too. Nothing against him per say but we if we're changing manager then we should bin off his assistants tto if we want fresh impetus and new ideas.
Trouble is it seems that the number of back room staff seems to have grown and grown over the years.
Where do you stop with the clear out?
Just Barrett? Or all the others as well?

Trouble is it seems that the number of back room staff seems to have grown and grown over the years.
There’s actually not that many. Barrett survived Harris, stepped up as GRs assistant once Davidson left. Rowett also brought in Paul Robinson (not Robbo) as a coach.

In my opinion if we want a real culture change we need to let the new manager bring all the staff he wants with him to make it work.

What about Barratt?
Not for me. Also he's another defender which i'm not keen on when it comes to managers unless they have a strikers coach.

Also it is said that the players like which so have no baring on an appointment.

The best manager i worked under many moons ago when i was in the cab game was a real fucker at work. Meticulous, serious, good motivator, fair but hard. He wasn't very likable at times but i benfitted from his skills.

Once home time came a few of would go down the snooker hall with Dave our boss and he was completely different person. Slung his weed on the table, got the drinks in, joked, took the piss but never mentioned what went on at work. He'd often bollock me at work if i slacked, fronting up to each other exchanging verbals etc. But not once ever did he bare a grudge or let it affect our friendship outside of work hours.

Was a good thing to witness and learn from.

I hope he leaves the club too. Nothing against him per say but we if we're changing manager then we should bin off his assistants tto if we want fresh impetus and new ideas.
If they are good at their job, shouldn't they be able to change to whatever the manager requires?
They ain't setting tactic style of play etc. the manager tells his staff what he wants and they do it.
It would also cost us to pay them off, money that could be put towards transfers.
Having said all that Gillingham have reportedly tried to talk to the current Southend manager, Barratt is still a bit of a legend there and could see that as an ideal start to his managerial career.

I wonder if Beale is thinking about the Nowich job that will probably become vacant soon, more money available and a team that is used to playing more towards his style, I wouldn't be surprised that Norwich will use the international break in a couple of weeks to give a new manager time to sort out the club.

If he's interested I would go for Warnock on a short term contract until the end of the season, then take our time for a permanent appointment giving them time for a full pre season. I doubt we would need to worry about relegation with Warnock at the helm.

None of the names so far banded about fill me with much optimism, but its par for the course for a club of our limited means. I like champs suggestion of Ryan Mason. Just not sure he would leave a cushy job at spurs

None of the names so far banded about fill me with much optimism, but its par for the course for a club of our limited means. I like champs suggestion of Ryan Mason. Just not sure he would leave a cushy job at spurs

I agree. He's part of a really good set up over at Spuds. Although it pains me to say it, they play decent football and at the moment are really hard to beat.

Funny you said that, I said the same to my eldest Son on Saturday that there were more coaches etc than players.