Overnight money on Beale

Beale and Nathan Jones odds both shortened dramatically. Beale is 10/11 with SkyBet right now.

The problem for Beale is that a lot of our current crop won’t be able to play his style of football. Does JB (Jnr) want to spend a lot of money on new players?

The problem for Beale is that a lot of our current crop won’t be able to play his style of football. Does JB (Jnr) want to spend a lot of money on new players?
Whoever is being interviewed will now everything he is taking on, what players he has and their abilities, coaching staff if he can't bring his own in, money available, wage structure etc.
Why anyone would want us to start passing the ball around in our own penalty box?

Whoever is being interviewed will now everything he is taking on, what players he has and their abilities, coaching staff if he can't bring his own in, money available, wage structure etc.
Why anyone would want us to start passing the ball around in our own penalty box?
But that’s the way Beale plays EA, he’s not going to change what he believes in.
P.s. It cost £5 million to get Beale in at Rangers (they did have to pay off the sacked manager but then they’ve also had to pay off Beale)

But that’s the way Beale plays EA, he’s not going to change what he believes in.
P.s. It cost £5 million to get Beale in at Rangers (they did have to pay off the sacked manager but then they’ve also had to pay off Beale)
If Beale don't want to change his ways then he either turns down the job or we don't offer it to him, if he thinks our players can't play that way.
Beale might of realised that apart from a brief run of winning a few games with QPR, he isn't that sought after, there might not be a job with plenty of money and top Championship players at his disposal, he might need to take a step backwards before he gets that kind of chance again.

As it stands we only have a vacancy for a manager so we might only hire a manager, one that wants to bring his own staff in might not get offered the job.
None of us know how good a job our coaching staff are doing, only players know what they are like, how can a fan judge them when they havn't been part of training sessions? Plenty of faults at Watford but effort wasn't one of them, Barratt has them playing for him and no player has had a bad word to say about him.

Beale is possibly in the same position as Jones, they both need to learn from their recent mistakes, neither are behind on their mortgage and are desperate to get any old job as soon as possible, I trust Kavanagh to have made clear what is expected from them and what the club can offer them.

I understand why you say that but I believe there’s a lot more ability in the squad than is appreciated. I think the problem with GR and AB is the way they are setup means when we gain possession teammates are not in positions that allow an easy switch from solid defence to flowing forward play.

Hopefully Beale (or whoever the next manager is) will change the shape to allow the type of fluid movement and passing we’ve desired for some time 🙏

No one is going to have a pop at Barratt in case they get dropped & end up playing in division one. He’s not for me (2 points from 9) & would just be a cheap option, but I respect your opinion
I’m not suggesting he would be my choice, I’m still a Ryan Mason hopeful. But the way he’s been in charge, the passion and desire he clearly has, ticks many boxes. He’s also got the respect of the players as they are giving everything for him and the current staff. I wouldn’t be against giving him until the end of the season, if this is truly is style. If it isn’t and he reverts back to GR territory- he gets sacked. I just don’t see anyone other than a personal opinion I have on Mason that I really want.

If Beale don't want to change his ways then he either turns down the job or we don't offer it to him, if he thinks our players can't play that way.
Beale might of realised that apart from a brief run of winning a few games with QPR, he isn't that sought after, there might not be a job with plenty of money and top Championship players at his disposal, he might need to take a step backwards before he gets that kind of chance again.

As it stands we only have a vacancy for a manager so we might only hire a manager, one that wants to bring his own staff in might not get offered the job.
None of us know how good a job our coaching staff are doing, only players know what they are like, how can a fan judge them when they havn't been part of training sessions? Plenty of faults at Watford but effort wasn't one of them, Barratt has them playing for him and no player has had a bad word to say about him.

Beale is possibly in the same position as Jones, they both need to learn from their recent mistakes, neither are behind on their mortgage and are desperate to get any old job as soon as possible, I trust Kavanagh to have made clear what is expected from them and what the club can offer them.

This is a good post and some good points made.

I agree with @PurleyLion though. This squad definitely has more to offer going forward. The likes of Flemming, De Norre, BNC and Longman all are better attacking than defending and any new manager would surely be salivating at the prospect of working with and developing Emakhu and Esse, who are two of the best young players we have had in a very long time.

You have to trust the new Chairman to get the appointment right. Rowett was the right choice last time, but it could have been very different if someone like Ainsworth got the job so they will be thorough and James Berylson will not want his first big decision to be a bad one.

Members online