Our wonderful club, supporters, players and behind the scenes employees

Peckham Lion

Staff member
Take a fucking bow, each and everyone of you fine special people. You can't plan or rehearse what the club has had to deal with but fuck me they've been impecable, sensistive and most of all there for us when we needed our wider family. I was reading tributes from the players today- pure class and you can tell that Mr Berylson wasn't your average boss, he was a leader, a listener, a father and friend to each and every one of those young Lions.

I have held it together until now. I am dealing with the fact i have two mates on there death beds suffering from cancer. Another mate and fellow lion who's partner is in the same boat but fighting like a fucking raging lion. That has drained the fuck out of me. This morning i felt exhausted and tired and slightly disillusioned with life.

But but but,,,,,,,, i read this below and went through some of the threads both here and on Hof and i can tell you i feel so much better for it. The displays of warmth, unity and sheer dignity of fans, players and staff alike have filled me with hope and absolute pride. Mr Kavanagh has been amazing too, Mr Berylson would be so proud of him for how he's conducted himself and kept things going whilst grieveing himself over the loss of a dear friend.

Millwall never fail to amaze me, be it collections for our brave servicemen and woman, past and present to setting up food banks to support not just fellow lions down on there luck but the local community and indeed complete outsiders. Fucking up on the pitch, again no surprises. But i have to say that the way the club have dealt with this awful period in our history has been above exemplary.

What i read below had me in tears, but not just in sadness but tears of sheer pride and awe at what we've got. Each and very member of our team are a credit to themselves and our wonderful club. They are pure class, Millwall through and through. The legend that is Mr Berylson shines through each and everyone of our players and staff.

I am so proud of my club today. We truly are a club like no other.

This below is just beautiful and has warmed my heart when for the last week or so it has done nothing but ache.

Last edited:
And you lot. We've have cried and laughed together this week. Through the pain there has always been someone that has written something that raises a smile or cheers you up. It's been a pleasure to be part of this forum of late. The words Millwall family have never been truer or so important.

Last edited:
Take a fucking bow, each and everyone of you fine special people. You can't plan or rehearse what the club has had to deal with but fuck me they've been impecable, sensistive and most of all there for us when we needed our wider family. I was reading tributes from the players today- pure class and you can tell that Mr Berylson wasn't your average boss, he was a leader, a listener, a father and friend to each and every one of those young Lions.

I have held it together until now. I am dealing with the fact i have two mates on there death beds suffering from cancer. Another mate and fellow lion who's partner is in the same boat but fighting like a fucking raging lion. That has drained the fuck out of me. This morning i felt exhausted and tired and slightly disillusioned with life. But but but,,,,,,,, i read this below and went through some of the threads both here and on Hof and i can tell you i feel so much better for it. The diplays of warmth, unity and sheer dignity of fans, players and staff alike have filled me with hope and absolute pride. Mr Kavanagh has been amazing too, Mr Berylson would be so proud of him for how he's conducted himself and kept things going whilst greiveing himself over the loss of a dear friend.

Millwall never fail to amaze me, be it collections for our brave servicemen and woman, past and present to setting up food banks to support not just fellow lions down on there luck but the local community and indeed complete outsiders. Fucking up on the pitch, again no surprises. But i have to say that the way the club have dealt with this awful period in our history has been above exemplary.

What i read below had me in tears, but not just in sadness but tears of sheer pride and awe at what we've got. Each and very member of our team are a credit to themselves and our wonderful club. They are pure class, Millwall through and through. The legend that is Mr Berylson shines through each and everyone of our players and staff.

This below is just beautiful and has warmed my heart when for the last week or so it has done nothing but ache.

Sorry to hear about your mates, hope the fellow lions partner keeps battling against that horrible fucking disease and has a positive outcome🙏

I have held it together until now. I am dealing with the fact i have two mates on there death beds suffering from cancer. Another mate and fellow lion who's partner is in the same boat but fighting like a fucking raging lion. That has drained the fuck out of me. This morning i felt exhausted and tired and slightly disillusioned with life. But but but,,,,,,,, i read this below and went through some of the threads both here and on Hof and i can tell you i feel so much better for it. The diplays of warmth, unity and sheer dignity of fans, players and staff alike have filled me with hope and absolute pride. Mr Kavanagh has been amazing too, Mr Berylson would be so proud of him for how he's conducted himself and kept things going whilst greiveing himself over the loss of a dear friend.

Love this post mate. We are like an extended family, I remember JB after sacking Lomas said something along the lines of because we are a family sometimes we fall out and disagree but in the end we will always be there for each other. He said that after getting a lot of stick for hiring Lomas in the first place but it always stuck with me and it kind of sums up this place a bit, we argue and bicker but in the end we are all Millwall.

Sorry to hear about your pals P I wish them nothing but good luck and blessings. All of us have been affected by that terrible disease at some point so I think I speak for all of us when I say we can emphasise with you. Always here if you want to chat about anything mate, be it about the past or present, good or bad old days or shit strikers and keepers in our history. All the best mate.

Harris out.

Sorry to hear about your mates, hope the fellow lions partner keeps battling against that horrible fucking disease and has a positive outcome🙏
Thank you mate. Sadly both are at the stage where no more can be done medically. I just don't want them to suffer anymore pain and will be sad when they go but also a tad relieved when they finally find peace. I hope that makes some sort of sense mate. You just don't want them to be suffering anymore pain both physically and mentally. One of them is a fellow lion and tough as old boots, he's on his death bed but still sending me jokes and ranting about northerners :grinning:

:clap::clap::bow::bow:

kind of sums up this place a bit, we argue and bicker but in the end we are all Millwall.
Absolutely mate. I can honestly say, hand on heart that there isn't one person on here that i wouldn't help out personally or stand by if it was coming on top for them. Good bunch of people on here at the moment.

Always here if you want to chat about anything mate, be it about the past or present, good or bad old days or shit strikers and keepers in our history. All the best mate.
Thank you mate :tophat:

Well said Peckham . I feel your pain with your mates two weeks ago the fellow I have worked for the last 21 years passed away. He was more then a boss more family we spend more time together then we did with our wife’s. And on a selfish point I turn 64 tomorrow and Im now out of work, I feel so guilty feeling that way but. Then when the news came out of Millwall it seemed like losing another friend, even though I never met the man. But I feel more proud of our club today then ever 🦁🦁

Thank you mate. Sadly both are at the stage where no more can be done medically. I just don't want them to suffer anymore pain and will be sad when they go but also a tad relieved when they finally find peace. I hope that makes some sort of sense mate. You just don't want them to be suffering anymore pain both physically and mentally. One of them is a fellow lion and tough as old boots, he's on his death bed but still sending me jokes and ranting about northerners :grinning:

:clap::clap::bow::bow:
Makes total sense, as sad has it will be for all concerned

Great post Peckham. I hope your friends find peace.

We are a club like no other. Old skool values and a togetherness that society in general lacks in spades.

Millwall was always special to me, but the past 4 or 5 weeks and what’s happening before a ball is kicked next season has really brought out the spirit in so many of us. On a personal note, I’ve found strength thorough support in here that’s made a real difference to my own challenges.

The support the whole Millwall family has shown for JB and his family is beyond words. We are unique - the epitome of fighting spirit.

Nothing ever beats us. Look at BLM and that bollox. We stood firm against the whole of the UK media, the authorities and even some of our own that wanted us to back down. We stood tall, together and walked through what seemed to be a very thick brick wall.

We should never forget the power that a togetherness like ours can produce, and what it can achieve. Simply amazing.

I have held it together until now. I am dealing with the fact i have two mates on there death beds suffering from cancer. Another mate and fellow lion who's partner is in the same boat but fighting like a fucking raging lion. That has drained the fuck out of me. This morning i felt exhausted and tired and slightly disillusioned with life.

But but but,,,,,,,, i read this below and went through some of the threads both here and on Hof and i can tell you i feel so much better for it. The displays of warmth, unity and sheer dignity of fans, players and staff alike have filled me with hope and absolute pride. Mr Kavanagh has been amazing too, Mr Berylson would be so proud of him for how he's conducted himself and kept things going whilst grieveing himself over the loss of a dear friend.

Hope your mates go peacefully, fucking horrible disease that as has been mentioned has probably hit everyone in one way or other

Peckham,

A top post, no bullshit, and from the heart. That's all anyone can ask.

Cancer is a fecker that touches us all, and it is a dog to deal with. Be it directly or indirectly. The clouds will one day pass, and please god, we can all see another day.

Re the staff, i totally agree. I've been down there, and spoken to a few and a line has been ingrained in my mind.

" Millwall, a club like no other"

Great post