Norwich v Wall match thread. Sunday 12pm KO

The chants were inappropriate and distasteful. Nobody should be spoken to like that and it doesn’t serve any useful purpose other than allow disappointed fans to vent their spleen but there are more constructive ways of doing so. As fans we have to man up and take it on the chin and absorb our frustrations for the benefit of the team. They certainly won’t get any better if they are constantly being dug out. Let’s be patient, supportive and understanding; then we will generate improved performance.
I remember GR talking about JB, and he said when they spoke, JB would aways find something positive to say when things were tough. I wonder what JB would think of the chanting now? Or what James is thinking now? Probably put an even bigger smile on the Norwich crowd‘s faces.

From what I saw, the defence is too ponderous, by the time Hutchinson has passed to Cooper who looks up takes a touch and passes onto Wallace who in turn ever does a cruff inside or a long pass? down the wing, any advantage has gone. So predictable. Nobody making themselves available unless facing our own goal.
Little triangles that mean nothing as the end product is ever a misplaced pass or a pass hit so hard that it would reach someone 3 times the distance and the ball is lost.
Throw ins, again nobody showing unless running in at 50 mph and has little chance of control and ever knocks it back to the thrower or out of play. Again too ponderous, must work on quick throws to get any advantage.
No or very little service to our front player(s) whoever they are.
Esse showed skill but also showed inexperience, inpact at present or no doubt he will get the treatment others have suffered though a misplaced pass or failing to track a player.
Emaku showed desire and strength to score a superb goal and again is an impact player
at present.
Front players are too remote,in fact when they did hunt together they nearly were rewarded but for a great block by the Norwich defender.
A really off day for the defence, I would say that the keeper, other than the punch, did well. The 3rd goal just fell nice for the forward after coming off a Millwall defender.
Overall the team looked off the pace, my question is are they fully fit?
No

starting to look like our fan base is split we have a lot of older fans who are happy to stay where we are and try to enjoy the football (that is hard at times with the negative way we play) and then we have the more modern fan not always younger but who expect us to play like Man city and win every week

when you look at what we do as a club for transfers we have never competed
to sign the best we are always on the look out for a rough diamond and it just don't work very often

the modern game is now way beyond the way we do things unless we get a much bigger budget forget competing at the top end

i can honestly say some of the football under GR is boring as fuck but that said
he is the only one who knows what this lot are capable of and if he thinks that this is the best way to play so be it
Fully understand your reasoning, if Rowett keeps us in the championship a lot of fans will be more than happy. Probably the elders as they have seen us in proper muddles. But I think the fan base will diminish not sure by how much. Dire football is hard to watch for 90 mins. Sometimes the level of our football really borders on amateur stuff. The worst way don’t train, watch videos of Norwich or someone similar.

Is this not the standard Millwall start to the season? After calming down. The fact of the matter is that Norwich have a rally good team and were just too good for us on the day. I would not be surprised if we beat them at home though.

I remember GR talking about JB, and he said when they spoke, JB would aways find something positive to say when things were tough. I wonder what JB would think of the chanting now? Or what James is thinking now? Probably put an even bigger smile on the Norwich crowd‘s faces.
Yep that was JB. Always supportive and understanding whatever the result. Fantastic when you consider he not only had a financial investment in the Club but also an emotional investment. So if anyone could justify a moan Mr Chairman (as they called him) could.

Norwich had two local lads (and I believe Millwall supporters) playing in their team yesterday in Rowe and Springett, Rowe scoring their first.

Members online