New Signings

silverlion

Staff member
GR hints at new signings in an article on NAD.

In my view defence seems a priority and maybe he feels the same. There is still mileage in Cooper but maybe it is time to take a long look at Murray. I am not sure about Wes. We have yet to see him play in central defence so who knows. I am sure the Alex Aldridge already has identified possible targets so let’s see what happens. Nine days left in the transfer window to add some reinforcements. Anyone out there got somebody in mind?

GR hints at new signings in an article on NAD.

In my view defence seems a priority and maybe he feels the same. There is still mileage in Cooper but maybe it is time to take a long look at Murray. I am not sure about Wes. We have yet to see him play in central defence so who knows. I am sure the Alex Aldridge already has identified possible targets so let’s see what happens. Nine days left in the transfer window to add some reinforcements. Anyone out there got somebody in mind?

Nat Phillips (Liverpool) ?​

Hull have been very active in the window. Delap, Twine, Aaron Connolly, Ruben Vinagre, all are great players for this level. Look like they’re not done yet either.

I still think we need a centre half, a proper number 8 and a right sided forward with pace.

They want £2m. I’d of been a punter at a mill, maybe a mill and a half, he’s a quality player but not sure a priority. I’d like him to play as an 8 alongside de norre or Mitchell I think he could do well there. He gets stuck in and also has real quality on the ball.
Could play in Fleming’s ‘Central Role’ if he goes but so could Esse. Styles is very versatile and would like him to join but £2m is a piss take.
Just had a look on their forum and seams like he’s putting in some half hearted performances probably cos he’s got the hump. Go back and try again Wall.

Last edited:
Seriously, what is the point in buying more players if the current ones cannot do the basics right?

We’re all clamouring for one, possibly two new CH’s! So, Rowett is given £5M to go out and buy two young CH’s who are great in the tackle, can play out from the back and are not adverse to getting the odd goal or two! Wonderful! Christmas has come early, and all that…..

But…..

If our midfield still cannot pass accurately to each other over a few yards, or they keep passing the ball sideways or backwards because no player is making themselves available in a forward position, or they can’t play 1-2’s whilst still moving forwards up the pitch, how will buying two new CH’s suddenly make all the midfield problems we have, go away?

We have midfield players who are mostly unfit, have hardly any pace and have no confidence to do any of the above! What are these players doing in training? Does Rowett and Barrett work on their passing, their 1-2’s, their overall movement? Does the whole team watch a playback of the last game played, so Rowett can show them what they should have done, so mistakes aren’t continuously repeated (or are at least reduced?)

We have good forward players who can score goals but they aren’t getting the service up to them from midfield. Until we have midfield players who can boss the midfield opposition (as Norwich did against us), we are never going to dominate games or help our forwards score goals!