Millwall V Norwich City match thread

Anyway StatWanker says it's down to the top 9 now with Sunderland and West Brom both gone as they would need better than 2 points per game.

That defeat is partly on Rowett. Saville unfit and shouldn’t have been playing. Leonard shit as usual, clumsy cunt. Burke not fit. Don’t play unfit players.

But we weren't negative though. We had 21 shots to their 9. Just undone by a couple of bits of poor defending. Nothing more, nothing less.
Undone by 2 smart corners and dopey defending of them 🤦‍♂️

QPR defeat also exposed our corner defending 🤷‍♂️

If we could vary our corners I think we could score more.

Today was the first time I’ve attended Millwall with my 3 grandsons. Special moment for me, great infectious atmosphere and, despite the result, they’ll be back 👍

MOTM: Lenny. Superb performance, especially when you consider how long he has been out 👏👏👏

Just two well worked corners that we didn’t defend well as not all teams whack the ball in the box like us, Long pulled off a great save tipping over the bar and one around the post, we cased them problems but no end product, Saville and Evans attempts on the half volley summed that up. Have to regroup and move on to create another good run, no mid week game so time for players to go again next week with a break.

Cannot win them all and what a run and results we have had just goes to show how far we have come against the so called bigger clubs with money.

I would put the few defensive errors down to tiredness today. I think the boys showed as much fight and resilience as they could, all things considered.
Saying that, those webbed feet fuckers weren't all that spectacular.
Here's hoping Delia gets her butt plug wedged up her sphincter tonight, and ends up in A&E with a split ring.

Just a couple of bits of poor defending but no complains. Gave it everything.
A game to far for us. Looked jaded and second best to most things, two games a week has taken it's toll on our small squad. They are a decent and capable side with premiership quality players in some positions. No shame in losing, we dust ourselves down an go again.

If we played the whole game the way we played the last 15 minutes we would have been out of sight, why wait until we go behind before we start playing football.
Because there's two teams on the pitch, the other was better than us and looked much fitter and hadn't played in midweek.

You don't go out of sight in this division and certainly not against teams like Norwich. Did you go today?

How could we have been that tired to play at the pace we played in the last fifteen minutes + injury time which was at a higher tempo than the whole game ?

Could,nt go today but watched it live.

I just hope the management see we have a weakness defending short corners and make changes. If an opposition player goes short for a corner, you have to send two defenders over to mark the corner taker and the player who has gone short. I was taught this as an 11 year old playing Sunday football and it does my nut to see professional footballers not knowing the basics.