The championship chit chat thread

Results have gone our way for the last few weeks and the team responded on Friday with a good win,

However, do not underestimate the likelihood of us fucking it up all on our own.

I'd be happy to play Luton if we do get in the play-offs. They will be favourites and that would suit us.

If we can play like we did Saturday we can beat either of them 2 or boro, if. We need to find a way technically or by luck to score a couple of goals starting against Blackburn. I think being a chaser there is less pressure for them. Just hope the prize of going in the playoffs will be to much pressure. Keep the same 11 as they’ve played together once which could well be helpful.

Birmingham turned up with nothing to play for and ran over us. Think I’d rather Blackburn come to us with something to play for because the pressure will still be on them to get a win.

Tonight’s result meant nothing. We needed to win before, and we still need to win now.

All sorted, it's in our hands and we will be in the play offs if we deserve to be.
If we make it we don't have to be worried about Luton as we were by far the better team against them last month and Boro seem to have gone off the boil and if we play Coventry in the final, we need to hope their forward gets injured.

I thought Blackburn played ok. Luton were very fast of the counter. Fred was ineffective when he came on. Anyone who thinks the Blackburn game is going to be easy knows nothing about this division. They will know from the Blackpool game that they need to rough us up in our set pieces and we will know we have to press like f**k for 90 minutes. I am looking forward to this one.

Last edited:
Watford, that shithole at bottom of the M1.
Just appointed 19th manager, and counting, since 2012. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
And we think we've got problems.
I was just checking out the Premiership website as I was looking for the format of the U21’s league (ours play Hull in the semi final on Monday). There is a table of all the teams who have played in the Premiership, it includes the likes of Bolton, Charlton and Derby. The amount of them that are now screwed is beyond belief. I’m starting to think that we may have dodged a bullet.

I was just checking out the Premiership website as I was looking for the format of the U21’s league (ours play Hull in the semi final on Monday). There is a table of all the teams who have played in the Premiership, it includes the likes of Bolton, Charlton and Derby. The amount of them that are now screwed is beyond belief. I’m starting to think that we may have dodged a bullet.
To think not long ago that Bolton, Pompey, Derby, Ipswich and Sheffield wednesday were light years ahead of us with all that premier league cash!