Match Thread Millwall v Peterborough KO 3pm

GR has to rid himself of this fear of losing mentality, or next season will be rinse and repeat. It has cost us big time, a good season from what could easily have been a great one.
Dissapointing much. 🦁🦁
Think it will be the same next season.

Rowett is too cautious a manager and I think he’ll keep the shackles on again, until we’ve reached safety, and then he’ll allow the shackles to come off, but I think it will be once again, too little too late to get in the play offs!

Hope he proves me wrong, but I can’t see anything really changing!

H-T 0-0 abysmal. No intensity. Afobe simply doesn’t have the control or touch to play at this level. How managers could have paid £12m for him is beyond me 🤷‍♂️

Burke has all the touches but no urgency or application. If we are to do well next season we need replacements for Afobe and Burke.

Bradshaw putting in another shift and Danny and Murray getting forward but we no guile in the midfield. We all want Billy to do well but he takes too long to get his pass away and invariably it’s square or back.

Peterborough dominating possession but fortunately not creating anything.

Hopefully GR will galvanise them for the 2nd half but I think we can safely rule out a Lions 8-0 victory 😉

H-T 0-0 abysmal. No intensity. Afobe simply doesn’t have the control or touch to play at this level. How managers could have paid £12m for him is beyond me 🤷‍♂️

Burke has all the touches but no urgency or application. If we are to do well next season we need replacements for Afobe and Burke.

Bradshaw putting in another shift and Danny and Murray getting forward but we no guile in the midfield. We all want Billy to do well but he takes too long to get his pass away and invariably it’s square or back.

Peterborough dominating possession but fortunately not creating anything.

Hopefully GR will galvanise them for the 2nd half but I think we can safely rule out a Lions 8-0 victory 😉
I get slaughtered for highlighting afobes deficiencies, love to see us get a young hungry forward with pace and ability to control the ball and put it between the posts. I know they are hard to find.

Excellent 2nd half, with Jed contributing well!

Also think we had much more of an attacking threat once Bennett came on!

Just a pity that the 2nd half urgency couldn’t have been there in the 1st half, as we might have got a couple of more goals!

Still, a good way to end the season at home, and with a clean sheet for Bart!

Onto Bournemouth next week!

COYL!

EDIT:

Just had a look at the table, and Forest can still pip Bournemouth for the 2nd automatic promotion spot. They are 3 points off of Bournemouth, with a +1 GD!

Not convinced we are going to score the number of goals needed to overthrow Sheffield United’s GD, but if we were to draw with Bournemouth, or sneak a cheeky 1 nil win, we could help Forest get automatic promotion if they win their game away to Hull (which they could quite easily do!)

Not sure how I’d feel helping Forest to get to the Prem! :unsure:

Last edited:

Just a pity that the 2nd half urgency couldn’t have been there in the 1st half, as we might have got a couple of more goals!

COYL!
Bennett injects pace and urgency good touch too

Good way to end the season at home Wall.
Still with an extremely unlikely outside chance of making it.
Would have settled for that at the beginning of the season, considering, however the opportunities we have had throughout makes for a frustrating and galling end.
Hopefully a decent day out on the south coast to come.
COYL, NOLU.

COYL!

EDIT:

Just had a look at the table, and Forest can still pip Bournemouth for the 2nd automatic promotion spot. They are 3 points off of Bournemouth, with a +1 GD!

Not convinced we are going to score the number of goals needed to overthrow Sheffield United’s GD, but if we were to draw with Bournemouth, or sneak a cheeky 1 nil win, we could help Forest get automatic promotion if they win their game away to Hull (which they could quite easily do!)

Not sure how I’d feel helping Forest to get to the Prem! :unsure:
Play one another Tuesday.