Match Thread Huddersfield V Millwall

What a crap day out. Stuck in traffic for ages on m62 and then a62 and then subject to 90 minutes of non football. I'm not unrealistic and don't expect us to win every week, all i ask and expect in return for parting with my hard earned money is that the team actually has a go. Huddersfield were nothing IMO and we hardly threatened at all. I could accept having a crack and falling short and maybe losing 2-1 or 3-2 but at least give it your best shot. Today was a new low in boring negative football. Absolute rubbish. Where do i apply to get my money back? The highlight of the day was a cracking pork and apple sausage roll i got at the butchers in epworth before i left this morning.
Fair play for going today mate 👍

I’ve supported GR up until now, but 5 efforts and just one on target simply isn’t good enough.

Huddersfield’s 14 efforts and 6 on target suggests GR’s defensive strategy wasn’t too successful either.

It’s a shame they didn’t score earlier, it might have given more time to make changes and for them to work.

GR needs to do the honourable thing and stand down but I won’t hold my breath.
The effort on target was in the first ten minutes and a goalie with no arms could have saved it.

That result has pissed me off with a poor performance, im off out to Greggs with Fat Dan to eat as many steak bakes as i can.
I reckon you look like Freddie Mercury In his final hours so there's no way Greggs lets you In. There's certainly no way Fat Dan shares anything.

Let's be fair who are you kidding. Honestly.

Two weeks ago I see you down the Blue trying to break Into Lou Farrow's with luncon vouchers that even Cynthia Payne wouldn't of accepted.

Stick to the Pot Noodles and Sunmill bread. With a Blue Ribbon biscuit that's a three course meal for you.

I reckon you look like Freddie Mercury In his final hours so there's no way Greggs lets you In. There's certainly no way Fat Dan shares anything.

Two weeks ago I see you down the Blue trying to break Into Lou Farrow's with luncon vouchers that even Cynthia Payne wouldn't of accepted.

Stick to the Pot Noodles and Sunmill bread. With a Blue Ribbon biscuit that's a three course meal for you.
Lou Farrow’s - is that still going? Fuck me!

I used to live a five minute walk away from that place! When it first opened up I was excited, because I hoped that if the pie and mash there was as good as, or better than Manzies at Tower Bridge Road, or Burts pie and mash at the top of Peckham Park Road (where it met the Old Kent Road), it would save me a long fucking walk to get me and the old man some lunch on Saturday (or if we both walked there to eat in), before a home game!

And my verdict on Lou Farrows? Absolute shite! Couldn’t hold a candle to Manzies or Burts, which pissed me off no end, knowing that long fucking walk would continue!

Worth the slog though!

⬆️🤏🍆

Oi you leave Fat Dan out of this, even though he loves a steak bake or two or three or a hundred at a time, thats not the point, he's still a Cunt !

Actually, i was down the blue going to the pound shop to buy a padlock incase you got to near my arse hole.

Pot noodle wise, i like the bombay badboy because im hard as fuck and know Machete Mick and Crossbow Colin.

Last edited:
Funny thing is if anybody had said (before yesterday's result) that we was 10th only behind 5th on goal difference we'd had snapped that up thinking were having ago. But here we are moaning about the shit drawett is serving up week in week out, it's the type of football makes you think I can't be bothered with this anymore but then you think how much it actually means to you. Bring it on reading cant wait

Funny thing is if anybody had said (before yesterday's result) that we was 10th only behind 5th on goal difference we'd had snapped that up thinking were having ago. But here we are moaning about the shit drawett is serving up week in week out, it's the type of football makes you think I can't be bothered with this anymore but then you think how much it actually means to you. Bring it on reading cant wait
Trouble is this.

Draws only get you 1 point. How many 2 points have we lost already this season?

The standard in this division is shit & being mid table isnt a compliment. It shows just how poor we are when we see the shit above & around us.

We need to play attacking football, we arent playing Man City or the scousers, we are playing relatively poor teams who we could easily have a go at & get 3 points. But instead, we play to draw.
That wont see us progress at any time.

Its piss poor football being served up with the occassional bit of grit & good play. If we can do it in on occassions, we can do it every week.
May not get 3 points, but atleast it shows our intentions.

I reckon the times we have played well & gons at teams, its been the players, not Rowetts doing.
Like theyve thought "fuck it, lets go at them & ignore boredraw our manager"

The problem is, that Drawett follows this same scenario, pretty much every game, whether we’re losing or drawing. His mindset is so entrenched that he refuses to change it until it is absolutely necessary, yet every time we lose, or affect a draw,
He changed it around against Stoke and we won. He made three attacking substitutions against Sheffield united, we won. Two attacking subs v Barnsley, we won.

He changed it around against Stoke and we won. He made three attacking substitutions against Sheffield united, we won. Two attacking subs v Barnsley, we won.
Stoke, went 2-1 up then reverted to type and nearly cost us the win.
Sheff Utd, winner banged in by a defender.
Barnsley, winner scored by a defender.
If we had the attackers on from the start maybe we might have won some of these poxy games we've drawn. And maybe our forwards wouldn't snatch at any chances they get because they could be reasonably confident that more would come along. IMHO

He was lucky at Stoke. Seems to be some confusion as to whether Drawett was forced to bring Smith on because Saville went off injured, or whether he was going to bring Smith on anyway, though God knows who he’d have taken off if Saville hadn’t been injured! Personally, I think it was because of Saville’s injury, but I guess only Drawett really knows for sure! ;)

Both United and Barnsley were poor, but I will concede to your points! However, Stoke were a different kettle of fish entirely! They were much much better than the other two Yorkshire clubs, and they battered us in that 1st half, deservedly going 1 nil up!

Ojo and Billy got a good kick up the arse at half time, because both grew into the game as the 2nd half progressed. Ojo was clearly worrying the Stoke midfielders and defenders but then, after we had gone 2 - 1 up, Drawett took him off! Why? Ojo was playing well, but Drawett’s bizarre decision changed the game, and suddenly we’re on the back foot, giving them now a chance to equalise! Then, to make matters worse, he later took off Jed! Explain that one to me, if you can!

At 2 - 1 up, and with Ojo flying and Bradshaw buzzing, we should have gone for a third goal and put a bit of daylight between us! No, Drawett doesn’t think like that! His motto seems to be, ‘Why make it easier for yourself, when you can make it harder.’ You know as well as I do, that had Stoke equalised after either Ojo was taken off, or later, when Jed went off, the supporters in the ground would have gone for Drawett’s jugular! All the hard work in winning the United and Barnsley games would have been, as they say in Yorkshire, ‘for nowt!’ He would have been slaughtered for taking Ojo and Jed off, and rightly so!

Thankfully for him, we held out, but that day he was a very, very, lucky man!

Stoke, went 2-1 up then reverted to type and nearly cost us the win.
And if he kept attacking only for us to concede he'd be a cunt as well, i'd be saying the same.
Sheff Utd, winner banged in by a defender.
Barnsley, winner scored by a defender.
When we had two attackers on the pitch which was my point.

If we had the attackers on from the start maybe we might have won some of these poxy games we've drawn.
I agree, fuck playing with one striker. I also think we should start Bradshaw with Afobe to see if they can link up, we never seem to give a pairing a chance to work.

And if he kept attacking only for us to concede he'd be a cunt as well, i'd be saying the same.

When we had two attackers on the pitch which was my point.

I agree, fuck playing with one striker. I also think we should start Bradshaw with Afobe to see if they can link up, we never seem to give a pairing a chance to work.
Totally agree with this last bit. 👊