Long

Regardless of who is best or worse out of Bart and Long, shouldn’t any deficiencies they have be looked at and improved on by the club’s footballing coach?

Or again, is it another case of senior management not seeing that anything is wrong with either goalkeeper, so no need to fix anything?

I don't agree with some that we missed the play offs because of Long. We were in the play off spots with him in the team so how does that work? Surely it's a team game but i can tell you that we never threw away a 3 goal lead because of the keeper. The outfield melted/ collapsed. Blame Long all you like but you can't change facts.

Fuck knows why there always has to be a scapegoat and stupid statements saying we would have made the play offs if Bart was in goal. The manager doesn't agree with that cause he prefered Long but what does he know over a few angry and frustrated blokes on a forum. Pure grasping at straws and bullshit in my humble opinion.

Some of our support base really has turned to shit. We used to get behind the players and accept that they're not perfect. Now all you read is criticism and nasty crap from bods that couldn't piss straight never mind kick a football.

We destroy potential match winners, want the manager sacked in December and hang out players to dry cause we haven't finished where some deluded fans think we should be finishing. We weren't good enough to make the play offs, it has fuck all to do with one player. To say we lost out cause we never played an ageing keeper is little short of comical.

This thread would be laughed at if it was on the spotters or Nigels forums.

Best fans going my arsehole. Booing players off at halftime. Cunting our subs as they warm up. Fat cunts that can hardly walk slagging our manager from behind the dugout. The oppo manager doesn't even need to do a team talk anymore, just leave it to a bunch of fucking mouthy nonentities to suck the confidence out of there own team.

We fear no foe? Nah, truth is our players probably fear the gobby fuckwits more than the oppo. One poor pass or put a foot wrong and the spit and bile is flying, the forum lit up with raging arseholes stuck in front of a laptop whilst shouting out directions and demands.

Slow fucking handclap :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
Long can't even do the basics!!!!
What a load of bollox. That shit and a posters 12 year old being better than him is just laughable. A load of angry and frustrated old cunts just farting out verbal diarrhea by the bucket load. Going by your assesment of Long we should have been relegated if he apparrently can't catch a ball. We really do have some fuckwits following us.

This thread should be pinned on a new thread called MO Gold Of Dickwads. At very least, some people actually come up with some half decent things to say, and backup what they're saying. But really and truly, nothing much wrong with Long as a goalkeeper. As if we're a top tier championship team with an untold amount of money to spend and should be getting promoted

The way we play, Long is more suited than Bart. Nothing wrong with both of them, and both offer something completely different to our game. 2 completely and utterly different goalkeepers. Comparing them is chalk and cheese and totally pointless.

You win as a team, draw as a team and lose as a team. Wigan and Birmingham loss wasn't because of Long. To say we lost the playoffs because of 1 specific game is a joke, we didn't get in because after 46 games we wasn't quite good enough as a team.

Upwards and onwards. Just get behind them all. It's the team we love. We all won't see eye to eye, and that's more than understandable. But back the lads and we'll see further improvement.

You win as a team, draw as a team and lose as a team. Wigan and Birmingham loss wasn't because of Long. To say we lost the playoffs because of 1 specific game is a joke, we didn't get in because after 46 games we wasn't quite good enough as a team.
Amen.

It's that ridiculous that you could turn things on it's head and say we won games because of long being in goal. That, of course is absolute bollox but so is the idea that we never made the play offs cause of one player. Our defence and midfield folded against Blackburn and the last time i saw him play Long wasn't outfield :hmmm:

I don't agree with some that we missed the play offs because of Long. We were in the play off spots with him in the team so how does that work? Surely it's a team game but i can tell you that we never threw away a 3 goal lead because of the keeper. The outfield melted/ collapsed. Blame Long all you like but you can't change facts.

Fuck knows why there always has to be a scapegoat and stupid statements saying we would have made the play offs if Bart was in goal. The manager doesn't agree with that cause he prefered Long but what does he know over a few angry and frustrated blokes on a forum. Pure grasping at straws and bullshit in my humble opinion.

Some of our support base really has turned to shit. We used to get behind the players and accept that they're not perfect. Now all you read is criticism and nasty crap from bods that couldn't piss straight never mind kick a football.

We destroy potential match winners, want the manager sacked in December and hang out players to dry cause we haven't finished where some deluded fans think we should be finishing. We weren't good enough to make the play offs, it has fuck all to do with one player. To say we lost out cause we never played an ageing keeper is little short of comical.

This thread would be laughed at if it was on the spotters or Nigels forums.

Best fans going my arsehole. Booing players off at halftime. Cunting our subs as they warm up. Fat cunts that can hardly walk slagging our manager from behind the dugout. The oppo manager doesn't even need to do a team talk anymore, just leave it to a bunch of fucking mouthy nonentities to suck the confidence out of there own team.

We fear no foe? Nah, truth is our players probably fear the gobby fuckwits more than the oppo. One poor pass or put a foot wrong and the spit and bile is flying, the forum lit up with raging arseholes stuck in front of a laptop whilst shouting out directions and demands.

Slow fucking handclap :clap::clap::clap:
That just about sums it up.

i would say that i disagree with some about Long he's not good enough
not the 1st time this season i have said it
a good keeper can win you a game how many games has Long done that for us?
their are very good goalkeeper out there that won't cost do much

as for the armchair manager thing i go every home game and at least 10 away season in season out and have done for over 40 years
i would never boo one of our players never have never will this is just my opinion

Long's Goalkeeping Stats

Goalkeeping
Total​
Per 90 or %​
Percentile​
Shots Faced
107​
3.24​
Saves
70​
2.12​
Save Percentage
70 Saves / 107 Shots​
65.42%​
Punches
19​
0.58​

As a Goalkeeper, George Long has conceded 36 goals and kept 12 clean sheets in 36 matches in the Championship 2022/2023 season. That means when Long is in goal, Millwall conceded a goal every 90 minutes. George Long's per 90 minutes goals conceded stat is 1.

In terms of raw goalkeeping, he's saved 70 of the 107 shots faced - meaning George Long's save percentage is 65.42%.

Barts Goalkeeping Stats 2021/22

Goalkeeping
Total​
Per 90 or %​
Percentile​
Shots Faced
168​
3.65​
Saves
123​
2.67​
Save Percentage
123 Saves / 168 Shots​
73.21%​
Punches
11​
0.24​
As a Goalkeeper, Bartosz Bialkowski has conceded 43 goals and kept 14 clean sheets in 46 matches in the Championship 2021/2022 season. That means when Bialkowski is in goal, Millwall conceded a goal every 96 minutes. Bartosz Bialkowski's per 90 minutes goals conceded stat is 0.93.

In terms of raw goalkeeping, he's saved 123 of the 168 shots faced - meaning Bartosz Bialkowski's save percentage is 73.21%.

Let's hope that JB finds that extra 15 mill everyone thinks we need to improve the team when he empties his pockets

I still think Bart is a better all round keeper, to be honest all this about Long has great distribution, most of the kicks we aimed at Bradshaw when he was being marked by a much bigger man anyway. Bart is without doubt a better shot stopper but they both make some howlers, which is Keepers for you I guess.
All keepers make mistakes but I too think Bart is the better shot stopper, which is the main responsibility. I get long’s distribution is good (although it did get worse as the season went on) and he is safe and calm for the back pass. If we made more of his distribution I would stick with him, but he can probably do with being reminded he has to do better to keep Bart out. As mentioned it was harsh on when and why Bart was dropped. He had dodgy moments without being dropped, and long has had more regular dodgy moments since dislodging him.

Long wasn't the reason we didn't make the play offs.
We had plenty of opportunity to cement our play off place in the last 8 - 10 games, when other teams were fucking about, and we naused it up, as a team, not down to one person.

Bart was on my table at the club dinner and I spoke to him a lot. The other player on my table was Burey and I have posted before that he said a few words and spent the best part of the next hour looking under the table at his phone.
Bart was shocked to be dropped and explained that GR took him to one side and said he was going to change the style of play and he was taking Bart out and putting Long in. Bart really thought it would only be a matter of time before the manager would see Long’s failings and he would be back in. But….that never happened. Bart trained hard and was ready to step in but he was never called upon.
Given the choice between a keeper who was a great shot stopper and his kicking was OK but not spectacular versus a keeper who was not a great shot stopper but his kicking was longer I would always go with the shot stopper. GR did not see it that way and he is the manager so you have to accept it. Maybe it might change next season? Who knows?

Where this fantasy that Long is a good distributer comes from, I dont know, he might hit the occasional pass but the majority ends up with the oppo defence or goalkeeper.

When average or below average players are praised there really is something wrong as stated on here the fan base has changed.