Long

FFS will you stop slating Long. So who do you think we can get in thats better who we can afford? And no Bart is no better and coming to the end of his career.
Burey has gone there has to be someone else to lay blame now. And it seems he's already a cunt before a game has been kicked. Not much chance for him this season.
Fucking hell lads get behind our team. New season, fresh slate.

FFS will you stop slating Long. So who do you think we can get in thats better who we can afford? And no Bart is no better and coming to the end of his career.
So Bart is no better?
Remember all those games where Bart cost us by letting in simple shots? Nope, no one does cos it simply didn't happen.
In fact, the number of worldie saves he regularly pulled off far outweighs the few mistakes he did make or his supposed lack of distribution skills.
He got dropped for absolutely no reason. He wasn't even playing badly at the time.

I still think Bart is a better all round keeper, to be honest all this about Long has great distribution, most of the kicks we aimed at Bradshaw when he was being marked by a much bigger man anyway. Bart is without doubt a better shot stopper but they both make some howlers, which is Keepers for you I guess.

How can you get behind a keeper who regularly cost us points all of last season when we have a better keeper on the bench. Long isn't good enough and that's the end of it. My 14 year old could do better in between the sticks

21/22 Bart played 4140 minutes (46 matches) 14 clean sheets 30.4%

22/23 Long played 3240 36 matches 12 clean sheets 33%

I like Bart, but overall Long is a better prospect.

Long suits GR's gameplay which is counter attacking football. His kicking is, by far, much better than Barts and gets us up the pitch alot better and quicker. Perhaps Longs shot stopping isn't up to Barts standards, but that doesn't make him a cunt before a ball has been kicked.
Football has evolved.

People on here says that Long is pumping it up to Bradshaw, which is true, if Bart was in goal, guess who he'd be trying to pump it up to.... yes, that exact same player, Bradshaw. Although, Barts kicking would go off of the pitch or would just about make it past the halfway line. That then makes us sit deeper and goes against the counter attacking football we currently play.

Some people prefer to play with an out and out shot stopper, whereas some prefer to play with a decent kicker. To fit into Rowetts philosophy, this is where we are currently at.

I don't mind Long being in goal, and it's a tough job for anyone being in goal as 1 mistake would usually cost you a goal, whereas if any other position on the pitch makes a mistake it would normally just turn over play.

It may not be pretty every game, but look where it has got us in the league for the past 3 seasons. And if the Lyndon Dykes rumour has any legs, then by my reckoning Long will again be number 1 next season.

Anyway, i think Long isn't as bad as some make him out to be. And to say your 14 year old lad would do better in goal, etc etc, is a pretty ridiculous remark.

I'm not trying to win over peoples minds on the topic, but let's have some sense and hold a half decent conversation and have a real meaning about what's happening overall here between Bart and Long.

Long suits GR's gameplay which is counter attacking football. His kicking is, by far, much better than Barts and gets us up the pitch alot better and quicker. Perhaps Longs shot stopping isn't up to Barts standards, but that doesn't make him a cunt before a ball has been kicked.
Football has evolved.

People on here says that Long is pumping it up to Bradshaw, which is true, if Bart was in goal, guess who he'd be trying to pump it up to.... yes, that exact same player, Bradshaw. Although, Barts kicking would go off of the pitch or would just about make it past the halfway line. That then makes us sit deeper and goes against the counter attacking football we currently play.

Some people prefer to play with an out and out shot stopper, whereas some prefer to play with a decent kicker. To fit into Rowetts philosophy, this is where we are currently at.

I don't mind Long being in goal, and it's a tough job for anyone being in goal as 1 mistake would usually cost you a goal, whereas if any other position on the pitch makes a mistake it would normally just turn over play.

It may not be pretty every game, but look where it has got us in the league for the past 3 seasons. And if the Lyndon Dykes rumour has any legs, then by my reckoning Long will again be number 1 next season.

Anyway, i think Long isn't as bad as some make him out to be. And to say your 14 year old lad would do better in goal, etc etc, is a pretty ridiculous remark.

I'm not trying to win over peoples minds on the topic, but let's have some sense and hold a half decent conversation and have a real meaning about what's happening overall here between Bart and Long.
I don't give a toss how good Long's kicking is. The goalkeepers first and main aim is to be able to make a save. If he's not capable of that then he should stick to playing golf!

So Bart is no better?
Remember all those games where Bart cost us by letting in simple shots? Nope, no one does cos it simply didn't happen.
In fact, the number of worldie saves he regularly pulled off far outweighs the few mistakes he did make or his supposed lack of distribution skills.
He got dropped for absolutely no reason. He wasn't even playing badly at the time.
Are you for real, Bart got beaten at his near post so many times it was unreal, Longs distribution is far better as well

I don't give a toss how good Long's kicking is. The goalkeepers first and main aim is to be able to make a save. If he's not capable of that then he should stick to playing golf!
He's able to make a save though, isn't he? And to say your 14 year old son can play better in goal for a championship team is beyond laughable. So on both points, you're not correct.
If you want a proper debate then come up with some decent and realistic points.