Long

Bart was on my table at the club dinner and I spoke to him a lot. The other player on my table was Burey and I have posted before that he said a few words and spent the best part of the next hour looking under the table at his phone.
Bart was shocked to be dropped and explained that GR took him to one side and said he was going to change the style of play and he was taking Bart out and putting Long in. Bart really thought it would only be a matter of time before the manager would see Long’s failings and he would be back in. But….that never happened. Bart trained hard and was ready to step in but he was never called upon.
Given the choice between a keeper who was a great shot stopper and his kicking was OK but not spectacular versus a keeper who was not a great shot stopper but his kicking was longer I would always go with the shot stopper. GR did not see it that way and he is the manager so you have to accept it. Maybe it might change next season? Who knows?
Bart actually spoke to you about Longs failings?

Maybe I am misquoting Bart but he certainly felt that his opportunity would come around again and he was ready to take his place.