Kavanagh & Aldo

I don’t have a problem with Aldo going, albeit I wonder if there might be better options out there than Gallen🤔

Kavanagh has been in place during, arguably, the most stable period in our recent history. It’s essential we find a quality replacement.

It would seem James Berylson is more ruthless than his Dad. Only time will tell if this proves good or bad for Millwall.

We’re entering a crucial period in our club’s history, we must get it right. At this moment in time, I’m feeling a little apprehensive 😬
He has stated he will do things his way, i doubt he will ever be a trigger happy owner but maybe hes seen what we have all seen for a long time and is more proactive than his dad. Haven't seen anything to make me apprehensive, the opposite really.

Nor am i but surely he has more knowledge of it than the fucking Aldi

He may well have more knowledge, and lets face it, Gallen's time was mainly spent trying to operate with a load of Chimps running the club. But I noticed on the Anorak forums that they ain't all taking the piss over Millwall's recruitment of him. Of those that do, they seem to have forgotten he put together the team that got them promoted, as the fellow below points out.

I get the feeling our chairman knows what he is doing, or at least, has been taking some serious advice about moving the club forward. Just guess work of course, but it's all been a bit serious these past few days what with the go ahead for devolvement into the future and top bods moving on.

Athletico Charlton
11:32AM
To be fair, Millwall are run well with a little money to spend I suspect so will be interesting to see how he does and whether he still leaves a lot of the transfer dealings to the end of the window. I suspect that was driven by circumstance with us.
I think he and we needed a change when he left but he will always be in credit for the team he put together in our play off winning season and for being a decent fella.

I think its telling that this has all been done and dealt with almost immediately after the season has finished and the 999 year lease got signed off. Gallen and whatever team is being put together will have a full preseason to implement their changes. I’m not getting too ahead of myself but I’m quietly optimistic that we have some exciting times ahead of us

Last edited:
Watch NH’s interview on Lions TV on May 2nd pre Swansea preview. At the end he gives a telling statement starting at 7 minutes 38 seconds in. He knew what was coming.

Listen or watch and make your minds up.

I think its telling that this has all been done and dealt with almost immediately after the season has finished and the 999 year lease got signed off. Gallen and whatever team is being put together will have a full preseason to implement their changes. I’m not getting too ahead of myself but I’m quietly optimistic that we have some exciting times ahead of us
Or we have an owner that has lost the plot and in 3 years time we will be playing the anoraks in the Conference.

“I think it’s telling that this has all been done and dealt with almost immediately after the season has finished” - exactly! That is telling Wippa. 👍

Watch NH’s interview on Lions TV on May 2nd pre Swansea preview. At the end he gives a telling statement starting at 7 minutes 38 seconds in. He knew what was coming.

Listen or watch and make your minds up.
Harris speaks with an assertiveness that fills me with a lot of confidence. He’s a different man this time around, his influence has grown it seems.

Looking forward to seeing how our squad looks come August.

I said and thought on NH’s return that he would have learnt a lot since his sabbatical.
What he got right, what he got wrong, and how he would manage it again were he to get the chance.

Obafemi and Nesbit peed about and he made it known who is in charge.

I believe that we will be challenging for the playoffs With Neil in charge if not the top two.

As for JB junior, he is a very well educated man, watched is fathers way and will know what will work for him and what won’t.

This could very be his “I am all in” time, not wanting to wait and wait. Season over and he starts to clear the decks. SK spoke very eloquently about James and helping him after his father’s death, James may now be thinking thanks, but I need to do this my way………..

Land, lease sorted !
No relegation sorted !
Back room staff …… a working progress

Next season ……… bring it on.

When the Doc went out a brought Hurlock , Cas ,
Chicken George, Steve Woods, Jimmy Carter
Those signings came out of the blue ……..

Here’s hoping 24/25 is one hell of a ride.

Onwards and upwards people……

The new lease agreement and green light on renewal development changes everything and provides the security the Chestnut Hill have been holding out on. JB’s dream now has the legs to attract investment and be less conservative with spend. US private equity firms will be crawling all over them to get a slice of the action. Ipswich’s owners called gamechanger got a 105 million cash injection for a 40% stake and without stupid spending a great manager have seen them with back to back promotions. This proves it can be done without parachute payments.

Does it mean Gallen will be in charge of all things football related including recruitment?

I can't keep up with all these job titles!
Means he makes arrangements, is the point of contact for the players manager, the club and the player. He is the link between the owner,manager and scouting. Basically does all the admin. So he does not actualy recruit players. The manager and club owner tell him what they need (ie left back) and he comes back with options that fit the bill.

Last edited: