Kavanagh & Aldo

Wow, JB Jr cleaning house? Don’t believe both have left voluntarily surely. Kavanagh has been plating the FA for some time wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up there. Aldridge won’t be missed.

First we had the Manager openly criticizing players and now this, seems like the club had gone stale and JB has decided to do something about it, the timing couldn't be better as it gives the whole close season to recalibrate.

Surprised but not astonished- recruitment has been poor - nisbet/Campbell!!! and the Edwards fiasco nearly got us relegated but for NH - bringing him back was a desperate last throw of the dice and while he did unbelievably well did any of us think it would work after the way he left - Fulham and Luton away??
It could easily have gone the other way and his reputation left in ruins with him as the patsy!
As it was it turned out well in the end - but the architects of Dunkirk weren’t left in charge for D-Day!!

Surprised but not that fussed. I always thought Aldo had too much influence at the club baring in mind he had never kicked a ball in anger. My one concern is Gallen, working under that clown sandersgaad at Charlton. Does exactly inspire me he can recruit decent players.

Just wondering why it is not on the OS yet.

The JE episode had to be looked into, then there is the renewal.

Mr B has seen, that we cannot get all of this redevelopment going, and be messing around with relegation.

My thoughts were that after seeing his dad wait for so long for the lease fiasco and then die, he wouldn't be waiting around forever.
I think that James will want to go for it. Could be an interesting couple of years.

Blimey, that's come as a big surprise. I wonder if there will be more shake ups?
:grinning:

"The South London Press understands that Steve Gallen, who formerly headed up the recruitment at Charlton, will be in charge of that department moving forward."

He was a big face over at QPR for years as well.

Hmmn. This news is being wildly celebrated by fans across social media but I would treat it a bit more cautiously for the moment. Until we have a definitive statement from the board or chairman then we don’t really know what has gone on here, it’s worth noting that we are currently enjoying our longest period of stability any of us can remember. Feels like something is afoot to me and whether that is a good or bad thing remains to be seen.