Just Back v Plymouth on MTV

Not just the clichéd game of 2 halves but a first half of 3 acts! First 15 minutes they looked good passing it about and it looked like being a long night. Millwall faithful getting restless and a few half hearted ‘Gary Rowett your football is shit’ and ‘we want out Millwall back’ chants; 2nd 15 minutes we grew into the game as they tried to be too clever by half, trying to walk the ball in and thought they could piss it; last 15 minutes we were more than a match and they were forced into long range shots. 2nd half we were the better side and deserved the win. 2 well taken goals and with a bit more control Campbell and Nisbet could have added.

A stubborn, bodies-on-the-line away win with a couple of moments of quality that made the drive back really enjoyable. Lots of good performances. Would pick out Bart – think he knew he owed us one after Saturday and Reading; Wes; Casper; Watmore – ran his nuts off, not sure he could have gone on any longer; Fleming – for those who say he doesn’t care look at how he celebrated the goal and the win and put himself about not just for the second goal. Rowett got the team and tactics right.

Good atmosphere especially in the away end. There’s something different about mid-week game under floodlights. Nice moment on 44 minutes when the ball went out and the ref stopped the game to allow the whole ground and players to pay tribute to one of theirs who recently died.

Oh, and Rowett out; drop Fleming; fold the club.

So you put a right back who can defend in defence joined by a centre half who can organize the back line then soak up pressure and win the game on the break simple game this football

Last night's game reminded me of one of those 12 round boxing bouts where you have an aggressive fighter (Argyle) against a counter-punching boxer (us). We took a battering for the first 7 or 8 rounds, although it looked worse than it actually was as we slipped, rolled and parried most of the shots, without much clean actually getting through. But we looked very much on the back foot as we were busy avoiding getting caught without throwing much back. Then in the 8th round Argyle started to tire after punching themselves out, and we caught them flush on the chin with a counter. They took an 8 count, got up wearily and as the fight moved into the championship rounds they were tired and wary of letting their shots go lest they got countered again. Then, having completely punched themselves out, they lost their timing and became sloppy... Bang! - we hit them flush with another counter and this time they are flat on their back and not getting up.
Jobs a good-un.

I only make this analogy because I was watching an old fight a couple of months ago that followed that exact pattern (I can't remember who it was) and at FT last night I was reflecting on the similarities.

Last night's game reminded me of one of those 12 round boxing bouts where you have an aggressive fighter (Argyle) against a counter-punching boxer (us). We took a battering for the first 7 or 8 rounds, although it looked worse than it actually was as we slipped, rolled and parried most of the shots, without much clean actually getting through. But we looked very much on the back foot as we were busy avoiding getting caught without throwing much back. Then in the 8th round Argyle started to tire after punching themselves out, and we caught them flush on the chin with a counter. They took an 8 count, got up wearily and as the fight moved into the championship rounds they were tired and wary of letting their shots go lest they got countered again. Then, having completely punched themselves out, they lost their timing and became sloppy... Bang! - we hit them flush with another counter and this time they are flat on their back and not getting up.
Jobs a good-un.

I only make this analogy because I was watching an old fight a couple of months ago that followed that exact pattern (I can't remember who it was) and at FT last night I was reflecting on the similarities.
Foreman/Ali?

Great result considering Plymouth put six past Norwich in there previous home game. Our away form is commendable, one loss from six. We're also better off points wise than we were after the same amount of games played at this point last season.

Also a word for those that made that long long trek. Fucking supreb support for a midweek game in the arsehole of nowhere. Well happy for those that made the effort and cheered us on. Top notch.

:clap::clap: :tophat:

Last edited:
Great effort & determination and obviously a much needed three points but:
We were outplayed most of the night and the reality is that 9 times out of ten we wouldn’t get away with it.
:sorry:
True but last night things went our way. And the ref I found out lives in Bermondsey. Yes we rode our luck but second half was massive improvement.not sticking up for Rowett but team still needs to gel.

Was going to start a poll (Brits like nothing more than compiling a list or poll!) to see who is going to be this seasons scapegoat, a bit early, but performances haven't been much to rave about, then I thought 'Bollocks, can't be arsed'..;)😆

Just keeping and using the ball better makes all the difference. Looked much stronger with Harding in defence, Danny Mac was also a good choice against a team thats going to put you on the back foot more often than not. Watmore is a good player and if fit could play a major part, so definitely some much needed positives to take out of the game. Was a bit concerned with a couple of the defensive substitutions at the end but thankfully we saw it through and Saville took his goal brilliantly to kill off the nervous finish.

Bradshaw or Nisbet when both fit? We have had a rough bumpy patch and I think a lot of this is down to Fleming not being the player he was in the first 30 games last season, if he’s coming back to some form it lifts the whole team, and then surely Bradshaw to partner him? Interesting to see Saturdays line up, Saville in to partner De Norre

Haha. Guilty. Said on the match thread that he wasn't producing then puts in a match winning performance. Lets hope he's over his drop in form and kicks on from last night.
He definitely seemed to enjoy scoring and playing last night more than he did scoring against Rovrum, looked a right miserable cunt.

Great effort & determination and obviously a much needed three points but:
We were outplayed most of the night and the reality is that 9 times out of ten we wouldn’t get away with it.
:sorry:
Well I have to say that we were not outplayed most of the night, in fact I think it was Plymouth who were outplayed for most of the second half. Just my opinion of course.

We not only played better second half, we were still pressing them well into added time when we were 0-1 up. The second goal came about through pressing and good ol' fashioned, enjoyable thuggery from Flemming.

:grinning:
Why are people using words like thuggish and assault to describe the actions of Zian in removing the ball from the Plymouth defender. In the first place, it looked completely fine to me, and second, there are plenty of ex Wall players who would have been proud of it