Jed

If Jed had decided to leave us because he wasn’t happy with the way the football is (no, please don’t laugh), or he wasn’t happy because JB wouldn’t splash the cash to bring in better quality players to play around him - then I might have understood why he was going - but it isn’t about either of those two things: it’s merely about wanting more money! Plain and simple!

I don’t know how much more money Jed wants each week, but I wouldn’t think it was more than an extra £5,000! Whatever the figure, Jed believes he’s worth every penny of it - Millwall disagree! So if Jed does leave at the end of the season, is it a cert that he has to go to a Premiership or Championship club? If he wanted to, Jed could take a leaf out of Wrexham’s Paul Mullins’ book!

At Cambridge, Mullins was earning £1,000 a week, plus win bonuses. He refused a new contract offer from the club, opting instead to drop two divisions and sign for Wrexham on a better, 3 year deal! It’s believed Wrexham offered him a £5,000 a week deal, that includes additional win, goal and promotion bonuses!

Why couldn’t a team like Portsmouth, with aspirations of promotion back to the Championship, not contact Jed and offer him a similar deal like Mullins, if he agreed to join them on the South coast? Jed’s fiancée is the daughter of Pompey’s chairman, ex Disney boss, Michael Eisner, who isn’t short of a bob or two! If Jed pre signs for Portsmouth in January, and they gain promotion, then he gets Championship football again, only now on much better wages! If Pompey remain in league 1, then Jed is still on better wages than he was at Millwall! Either way, it would be a win - win situation for him, and maybe something he might consider if Pompey, or another promotion seeking league 1 side, contacts him next month!
Pompey can't afford Mahlon!

If i had changed the wing nuts on my red chopper to half inch side winders, then i wouldn't have kept catching my flares.

If i had swopped my belcher for that sovereign, then i may have got in to her knickers at the Lyceum......................just saying

And all of the younger lot are thinking ????????????????????

If Jed had decided to leave us because he wasn’t happy with the way the football is (no, please don’t laugh), or he wasn’t happy because JB wouldn’t splash the cash to bring in better quality players to play around him - then I might have understood why he was going - but it isn’t about either of those two things: it’s merely about wanting more money! Plain and simple!

I don’t know how much more money Jed wants each week, but I wouldn’t think it was more than an extra £5,000! Whatever the figure, Jed believes he’s worth every penny of it - Millwall disagree! So if Jed does leave at the end of the season, is it a cert that he has to go to a Premiership or Championship club? If he wanted to, Jed could take a leaf out of Wrexham’s Paul Mullins’ book!

At Cambridge, Mullins was earning £1,000 a week, plus win bonuses. He refused a new contract offer from the club, opting instead to drop two divisions and sign for Wrexham on a better, 3 year deal! It’s believed Wrexham offered him a £5,000 a week deal, that includes additional win, goal and promotion bonuses!

Why couldn’t a team like Portsmouth, with aspirations of promotion back to the Championship, not contact Jed and offer him a similar deal like Mullins, if he agreed to join them on the South coast? Jed’s fiancée is the daughter of Pompey’s chairman, ex Disney boss, Michael Eisner, who isn’t short of a bob or two! If Jed pre signs for Portsmouth in January, and they gain promotion, then he gets Championship football again, only now on much better wages! If Pompey remain in league 1, then Jed is still on better wages than he was at Millwall! Either way, it would be a win - win situation for him, and maybe something he might consider if Pompey, or another promotion seeking league 1 side, contacts him next month!
You’re off your head surely! Jed is on between 10-15k here, his next contract will be £20k +. Portsmouth haven’t paid that wage since their premier league days!

If we are in the top 6 come january he will stay to the end of the season. He has nothing to lose. If we go up he will stay if we dont he goes on a free in the summer.
If we stay as we are, he stays. As you say, it’s a no lose situation for him. His next contract will be a bumper one whether it’s with us or another club.

I could see him joining someone down south like Brighton or Southampton. In the Premiership he’d be a useful sub to bring on and give the runaround to an already knackered fullback. I’d like to think he’d stay but it’s gone on a while now so he must be lined up to do the off. If not the Premiership there are loads of clubs with more dosh than us to throw at him, it’s a short career so could not blame him.

Last edited:
all ,if ,buts ,maybes,

i disagree about the prem he is good enough not at a top team
but bottom half easy
we will miss him he's a big player for us
if we sell in jan maybe he will be loaned back to us for the rest of the season who knows as long as its not west ham
That sort of deal is only usually done with youngsters.

Jed will not be picked up by a Premiership club, he’s not good enough. So that leaves the Championship.

Would Fulham or Bournemouth be interested? No.

WBA, QPR, Stoke, Blackburn or Coventry? Doubtful.

Next club in the table? Little old Millwall!

If Jed leaves, in all probability, it will be to a club lower than us in the football pyramid!
Could he be lured to Cardiff by Morrison ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

If i had changed the wing nuts on my red chopper to half inch side winders, then i wouldn't have kept catching my flares.

If i had swopped my belcher for that sovereign, then i may have got in to her knickers at the Lyceum......................just saying

And all of the younger lot are thinking ????????????????????
The less they hear about your chopper the better methinks

What Millwall will have to ask themselves is, how much will we get if we sell him in January? Half a million at best. His contribution to the team is worth more than that, especially if it gives us a crack at promotion.
There are clubs in this league that can afford to take our MVP and have him warming their bench so as to put a dent in our top six challenge ,money talks .

You’re off your head surely! Jed is on between 10-15k here, his next contract will be £20k +. Portsmouth haven’t paid that wage since their premier league days!
I usually am, and don’t call me Shirley! 🤣

You’re assuming Pompey don’t have any money - no one on here would know what their better players are paid each week! For all we know, Pompey may think that Jed is the missing piece in the puzzle to get them promoted back to the Championship! They could take a chance and buy him in January, and if he helps fire the team to promotion, then it’ll be £20,000 a week well spent in their eyes!

Equally, if Pompey get promoted, they might take Jed on a free at the end of the season! With better crowd turnout in the Championship, it will bring more money into their coffers, as well as higher residuals from Sky. All of that extra money could help towards paying Jed’s wages!

all ,if ,buts ,maybes,

i disagree about the prem he is good enough not at a top team
but bottom half easy
we will miss him he's a big player for us
if we sell in jan maybe he will be loaned back to us for the rest of the season who knows as long as its not west ham
I can see Brighton or Palace coming in for him or possibly Southampton because he will want to remain in the south.

The rumour is that he is on 16k a week. The average Premiership player is on 50k a week. It’s a no brainer really. If he really did decide to stay until the end of the season then he would be able to join a new club without us getting a transfer fee. He could, though, get a signing on fee worth a shed load. The big question is that is he consistent enough to attract big interest from a Premier League club. In three weeks we could find out!

Jed is a good championship player, thats it, if he gets more money to play in the championship then fair enough, if he goes to any club in the premiership he will hardly get a game whoever they are, thats his choice

Clubs in the leagues below us will not be able to sign him unless he takes a cut in his wage, they have to pay their players under the ffp rules.

Jed will not be picked up by a Premiership club, he’s not good enough. So that leaves the Championship.

Would Fulham or Bournemouth be interested? No.

WBA, QPR, Stoke, Blackburn or Coventry? Doubtful.

Next club in the table? Little old Millwall!

If Jed leaves, in all probability, it will be to a club lower than us in the football pyramid!
I think he is good enough to play in the prem.