Jed

silverlion

Staff member
Somebody has already posted that Palarse could be without Zaha, Kouyate, Schlupp and Ayew for the cup game on January 7-10. Date yet to be confirmed. They will be involved in the Africa Cup of Nations which begins on January 9th. My guess would be that even if our game was scheduled to be on January 7th it would be unlikely that they could play in our game, fly out to Africa the next day and be ready to take part in the tournament the following day. Who knows?
Will Jed be able to play in the game? Many on here think that it is inevitable that he will leave in the January transfer window which opens on January 1st. If a deal is already on the table maybe his prospective club don’t want him to be cup tied. Or maybe he might be gone on January 2nd? Watch this space.

I posted about the 4 missing players and I heard that their countries can call them up 2 weeks before the start of the competition so they will not play unless they are not picked for their countries. Think Jed will stay to the end of the season and make his choice then.

I posted about the 4 missing players and I heard that their countries can call them up 2 weeks before the start of the competition so they will not play unless they are not picked for their countries. Think Jed will stay to the end of the season and make his choice then.
Seems to me there would be more than 4, looks like 9 of the first team to me!! Given the covid restrictions surely they'd be in quarantine whatever the case..

I checked online regarding Zaha and playing international football and he denies ever saying that he would not play for the Ivory Coast again. So, with a bit of luck, he will play for them again next month in Africa and leave Palace without their star player. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke…..not!

Jed won’t be gone in this window, we are 3pts off the play offs with a nice little run in to the new year. He’d kick himself if he left in January and had to look and say ‘what if’ for the rest of his career. He wants to get promoted with us, that’s what he has always maintained. He won’t be short of suitors come the end of the season anyway. Only people that would be interested in getting rid is us, if we were being proper squeaky, to recoup some sort of minimal fee.

Jed will not be picked up by a Premiership club, he’s not good enough. So that leaves the Championship.

Would Fulham or Bournemouth be interested? No.

WBA, QPR, Stoke, Blackburn or Coventry? Doubtful.

Next club in the table? Little old Millwall!

If Jed leaves, in all probability, it will be to a club lower than us in the football pyramid!

Jed will not be picked up by a Premiership club, he’s not good enough. So that leaves the Championship.

If Jed leaves, in all probability, it will be to a club lower than us in the football pyramid!
Spot on, looks good in our team but nowhere near prem quality.

I was asked on Saturday if I had heard of Brentford's interest in Jed. Which I haven't
Never in a million years.

Brentford play controlled football. Many terms can be used to describe Jed capabilities but not that he’s a master of playing controlled football 🤷‍♂️

Who wants him is immaterial, it’s where he will get his last big pay day that will be where he goes.

Who wants him is immaterial, it’s where he will get his last big pay day that will be where he goes.
Agree but if nobody in the Premiership or top 7 of the Championship want him then that limits the number of clubs willing to cough up 🤷‍♂️

I can see a forest or Stoke taking Jed on a free and paying him a half decent signing on fee (500k) and maybe 20-25k a week, blowing us out of the water
Agree clubs may be willing to take him on a free season end but don’t see any coughing up for him in January.

Last edited:
What Millwall will have to ask themselves is, how much will we get if we sell him in January? Half a million at best. His contribution to the team is worth more than that, especially if it gives us a crack at promotion.

Agree but if nobody in the Premiership or top 7 of the Championship want him then that limits the number of clubs willing to cough up 🤷‍♂️
Agree clubs may be willing to take him on a free season end but don’t see any coughing up for him in January.
If Jed had decided to leave us because he wasn’t happy with the way the football is (no, please don’t laugh), or he wasn’t happy because JB wouldn’t splash the cash to bring in better quality players to play around him - then I might have understood why he was going - but it isn’t about either of those two things: it’s merely about wanting more money! Plain and simple!

I don’t know how much more money Jed wants each week, but I wouldn’t think it was more than an extra £5,000! Whatever the figure, Jed believes he’s worth every penny of it - Millwall disagree! So if Jed does leave at the end of the season, is it a cert that he has to go to a Premiership or Championship club? If he wanted to, Jed could take a leaf out of Wrexham’s Paul Mullins’ book!

At Cambridge, Mullins was earning £1,000 a week, plus win bonuses. He refused a new contract offer from the club, opting instead to drop two divisions and sign for Wrexham on a better, 3 year deal! It’s believed Wrexham offered him a £5,000 a week deal, that includes additional win, goal and promotion bonuses!

Why couldn’t a team like Portsmouth, with aspirations of promotion back to the Championship, not contact Jed and offer him a similar deal like Mullins, if he agreed to join them on the South coast? Jed’s fiancée is the daughter of Pompey’s chairman, ex Disney boss, Michael Eisner, who isn’t short of a bob or two! If Jed pre signs for Portsmouth in January, and they gain promotion, then he gets Championship football again, only now on much better wages! If Pompey remain in league 1, then Jed is still on better wages than he was at Millwall! Either way, it would be a win - win situation for him, and maybe something he might consider if Pompey, or another promotion seeking league 1 side, contacts him next month!

all ,if ,buts ,maybes,

i disagree about the prem he is good enough not at a top team
but bottom half easy
we will miss him he's a big player for us
if we sell in jan maybe he will be loaned back to us for the rest of the season who knows as long as its not west ham