Is Jed on a lot more than we thought?

The more you read about how other clubs operate the more we should be grateful that we have JB at the helm. All of these basket case clubs are risking their existence by desperately and greedily chasing the premier league pound note. Some of the sums paid out for average players, managers and agents are nothing short of obscene.

I blame some supporters as well. It seems to be a modern phenomenon that the modern social media influenced fan is constantly calling for a manager to be sacked and urging their club to gamble millions on that elusive 20 goal a season striker. Don’t forget some of our fans wanted Rowett gone just because we lost by the odd goal at Blackburn not so long ago but thankfully JB runs the club in a sensible stable manner rather than the mental scattergun approach we see at other championship outfits.

What John Berylson has done for Millwall FC is immeasurable, pretty sure we would be in Div 4 or worse without him.

We do not own the land the ground sits on so he is not here for the money, which he continuously pumps in year after year, he runs the club on a very sound footing and looks to the future where so many others want glory NOW.

I am pretty sure that Championship clubs look at us with envy at how well our club is managed.

Would love to see a stand named after him or similar while he is still around to show our appreciation for the best Chairman we have ever had, if his son takes after his old man and has caught the Millwall bug our long term future is very rosy indeed.

I agree with those saying going up could be harmful. Look at Forest, paying Lingard £1m a month, £45m for Gibbs-White on ar least £70k a week for 4 years. 25 new players, massive salaries on two Bob players many of them for more than one year. They've also got players at Olympiacos to step in if they go down.

If they get 'demoted' they will be totally fucked. FFP means they have to sell loads of players to meet squad and budget size, but who wants the players? Can see them paying up a lot of contracts and wouldn't be at all surprised to see them in L1 within 3 years.

Thank fuck for JB.

The more you read about how other clubs operate the more we should be grateful that we have JB at the helm. All of these basket case clubs are risking their existence by desperately and greedily chasing the premier league pound note. Some of the sums paid out for average players, managers and agents are nothing short of obscene.

I blame some supporters as well. It seems to be a modern phenomenon that the modern social media influenced fan is constantly calling for a manager to be sacked and urging their club to gamble millions on that elusive 20 goal a season striker. Don’t forget some of our fans wanted Rowett gone just because we lost by the odd goal at Blackburn not so long ago but thankfully JB runs the club in a sensible stable manner rather than the mental scattergun approach we see at other championship outfits.
Agree 100% and it's not that long ago that some on here were saying that JB should splash the cash to get us up and accusing him of holding the clun back!!!!:wagging::wagging:

What John Berylson has done for Millwall FC is immeasurable, pretty sure we would be in Div 4 or worse without him.

We do not own the land the ground sits on so he is not here for the money, which he continuously pumps in year after year, he runs the club on a very sound footing and looks to the future where so many others want glory NOW.

I am pretty sure that Championship clubs look at us with envy at how well our club is managed.

Would love to see a stand named after him or similar while he is still around to show our appreciation for the best Chairman we have ever had, if his son takes after his old man and has caught the Millwall bug our long term future is very rosy indeed.
I was inspired by this to actually write and thank him. After all it is Christmas.

On the train home after a very average performance. I may be slightly pissed and deluded, but Jed would’ve scored tonight on his own and we’d have had three points. No player in our team would’ve scored in 5hrs had we carried on playing. One to forget. Especially the 2er I spent on the train and match tickets plus overpriced food and a cab to Kings Cross because South Bermondsey was completely rammo. If Carlsberg did shit football nights!

Members online