How many seasons,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1956, when I was 6 years old. Regular from the age of 10, always went with my brother, sadly no longer with us. One of my best early memories was Fulham away in the cup, 3-3, beat them down the Den. The famous quote from Bobby Robson, when asked who was going to win said it was “thoroughbreds against donkeys”, Billy Gray said after our win “The thoroughbreds won”. My godmother, Joyce who took us to our first game, started going in 1948, she is now 93 and this is the first season she has been unable to go. Phone her and tell her about the game and send her a programme. Sign on her front door Millwall fan lives here!!
Dave Harper got injured during the game and had to play up front in the replay. I think he scored after getting a pass from Barry Rowan! Eat your heart out Johnny Haynes and Co

Some great stories on this thread.

I thought I was pretty old, but some of you lot have got a few years on me!!!!!!

First game was 1983 v Bristol Rovers. 1-1 draw. Peter Anderson was still the manager. So that's 40 years this year. I consider myself very fortunate that my dad's side of the family were all born in the area and all were Millwall. I couldn't honestly imagine supporting another club. It's a hoary old cliché, but there is no other club like Millwall and the fans make it so. We are truly unique.

I thought I was pretty old, but some of you lot have got a few years on me!!!!!!
I think, you, me, Wippa, Terry Hurlock, High life street are probably some of the youngest on here bar a few. Love reading stuff from the posters that have seen more than us. Would be some book if we were ever to put one together!

Amazing that so many of you went so young. I must have been about 8 years old when I first went. I think my mum probably vetoed me going any younger.

13/10/1984 v Brentford 2-0...Hurlock and Salman were playing for the Bees in front of a home crowd of 5'380.
Lovell scored both goals in 14 & 28 minutes.

I was a teenage grease monkey, finished at 1pm, home and changed, caught the 44 bus to Vauxhall then the 21 to New Cross Hospital...That day changed my life.

The crowds were pretty small when I first went. 3 to 4,000. Then they picked up when George Graham took charge but then they dipped again for a few seasons, possibly due to the Luton game and the fall-out. Didn't Pompey, Leeds and maybe some others have their fans banned from the Den in 1986? I remember we got hammered by Portsmouth 4-0 at home that season and the away end was empty. I think Kevin O'Callaghan scored for them that day.

Members online