How many seasons,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The crowds were pretty small when I first went. 3 to 4,000. Then they picked up when George Graham took charge but then they dipped again for a few seasons, possibly due to the Luton game and the fall-out. Didn't Pompey, Leeds and maybe some others have their fans banned from the Den in 1986? I remember we got hammered by Portsmouth 4-0 at home that season and the away end was empty. I think Kevin O'Callaghan scored for them that day.
Mick channon played that day.Maybe Micky Quinn aswell, they had a good team.

The crowds were pretty small when I first went. 3 to 4,000. Then they picked up when George Graham took charge but then they dipped again for a few seasons, possibly due to the Luton game and the fall-out. Didn't Pompey, Leeds and maybe some others have their fans banned from the Den in 1986? I remember we got hammered by Portsmouth 4-0 at home that season and the away end was empty. I think Kevin O'Callaghan scored for them that day.
Remember buying a t shirt from a fella outside v a 4-0 defeat to Pompey which read something about RIP Leeds or something...Those low crowds didn't deter me...

Remember buying a t shirt from a fella outside v a 4-0 defeat to Pompey which read something about RIP Leeds or something...Those low crowds didn't deter me...

I quite liked it when the crowds were smaller at the Old Den. Everyone knew everyone back then and those who went were the absolute hardcore Millwall. I can still remember all the faces that went to every game, rain or shine on the halfway line.

Millwall 3-0 Newport County
2nd May 1983. All goals scored in the last 10 mins🦁.
My Dad said I was too young to go to Millwall, so my first match was Arsenal v Spurs with my mate and his Dad. That worked a treat and I got carted off to this showpiece with Newport near enough immediately. Massive gate of 5,500🙂

Taken to my first game when I was 5 but earliest memories are from when I was 7/8.

Sometime this year will be my 70th anniversary 🤦‍♂️

Surely we can cobble together a few quid and get you an actual medal. That is some dedication and service. I take my hat off to you.

first game workington 3-0 win 1959 seven years old first’Off’ blackburn at home 1967 leading from the back with me cherry reds first’ ‘Off away birmingham again with rockers a few months later starting to get in middle bit by then

This (I was only six though) so by my rudimentary maths 2023/24 will be our 50th season. Deserves a beer or two Paul :cheers:
Whilst I would always agree a beer or two is to be recommended, I cannot endorse your rudimentary maths.
You seem to have lost 10 years somewhere. Do you lie about your age too? :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Whilst I would always agree a beer or two is to be recommended, I cannot endorse your rudimentary maths.
You seem to have lost 10 years somewhere. Do you lie about your age too? :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
Oh shit! It’s not my maths that I’m actually worried about, I’ve just realised that Peckham IS that much younger than me :eek:

Oh shit! It’s not my maths that I’m actually worried about, I’ve just realised that Peckham IS that much younger than me :eek:
Maybe the 10 years you lost was your psychadelic period in the late 60's and early 70's?
And yes, Peckham is just a young whippersnapper in short trousers compared to us men of the world. His heart really is in the right place though.
The young can't help their youth. They were born with it. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Last edited:
Maybe the 10 years you lost was your psychadelic period in the late 60's and early 70's?
And yes, Peckham is just a young whippersnapper in short trousers compared to us men of the world. His heart really is in the right place though.
The young can't help their youth. They were born with it. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
On the plus side, I can draw my pension next year!