How many seasons,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

First game was1956, aged 5, on my Dads shoulders. Was going regularly on my own with mates aged about 9 onwards, when we moved from Catford to Pomeroy Street, New Cross. Would wander into the ground many days during school holidays while still at Kender St primary. Did every one of the long unbeaten home run. Would’ve been rude not to.
Met Barry Rowan and Billy Neill in The Den a few years ago. Billy said tell him the unbeaten run team and it was there just like the school register every morning. Stepney, Gilchrist, Cripps, Jones, Snowdon, Wilson, Rowan, Julians, Brown, Dunphy, Neill.

We used to get the SLP every Friday and I remember reading match reports about Millwall. My first game I attended was against Torquay in 1960. I was 10. I think Alf Ackerman and Reg Davies were stalwarts of the team in those days.
I pasted match reports and photos from the SLP on to a big sheet of brown wrapping paper and hung it from the wall by my bed! This was eventually replaced by photos of Hayley Mills and Cathy McGowan once I realised that my knob wasn’t just to piss out of :grinning:

Last edited:
My first game at The Den was when I was nine, 30th April 1966.
It was against Swansea and we won 1-0. Also, I do remember being lifted over the Turnstile that day.

We finished second to get promoted with Hull from the old Third Division that season as well. I think that game, if I remember correctly, pretty much guaranteed promotion (2 points for a win back then - and, a lot of 3:15pm Kick Offs).
:grinning:

I do remember my first game without my old man. It was against Enfield in the fa cup, December 1984. Went with a load of mates from Peckham, Lewisham, Hither green and Catford. We won one nil and Dean Neal scored. The same season we beat the Nigels, Chelsea and Leicester before losing at Luton.

My first game was against Swindon at The Den in 1965.
We won 1-0 and Mickey Brown scored the goal.
I think they sometimes played adverts over the tannoy.
Anyone remember that?
I don’t remember the adverts, but I remember the half time scores from other matches being put up on a board under the codes A,B,C,D etc.
Imagine what a youngster today would make of that.
They’d think it was as ridiculous as semaphore.

With the season ticket renewal information out it got me thinking :idea: How many seasons have i done/watched. Reckon i'm still a youth in comparrison to many on here but make it that next season will be my 46th. How many you done and first game if you can remember. Carry on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I’ve been going since I was 3 and I’m 48 in a couple of months, so I’m about a year behind you

Setember 1955,wae beat Brentford, my grandad took me for a 7th birthday treat.He took me a few times after that and also took me to Tooting and Mitcham whick was his boyhood club.Went to Hamlet a few times when 'wall was away.
Dont go very often now as have mobility problems and I now live on Kent/ Sussex border.
'Wall always in my blood though.

I recall fruit salads and black jacks were 8 for a penny.
A bit before my time, was two for a penny in my day. Used to get a 5p mix up, black jacks, fruit salad, refresher, chol lollipop and a flying saucer. Found the wagon wheels quite sickly.

the old man would take me as a very young boy but don't remember much
all i can remember was how green the grass was
early 80s 1st season ticket with out the old man who was starting to get well piss off with football by then but would always turn out for the big games before he died a few years back he said he wished he had been more like me with my kids and grandkids still miss the old cunt
have held my season ticket now for near 40 years my boy has had his from the age off 7 he's 31 now cant ever see a time in my life when i don't go

1956, when I was 6 years old. Regular from the age of 10, always went with my brother, sadly no longer with us. One of my best early memories was Fulham away in the cup, 3-3, beat them down the Den. The famous quote from Bobby Robson, when asked who was going to win said it was “thoroughbreds against donkeys”, Billy Gray said after our win “The thoroughbreds won”. My godmother, Joyce who took us to our first game, started going in 1948, she is now 93 and this is the first season she has been unable to go. Phone her and tell her about the game and send her a programme. Sign on her front door Millwall fan lives here!!