FOR GOD SAKE ROWETT GO

In his OS interview he didn’t actually say the forwards weren’t good enough, he just trotted out his standard line that “we needed a bit more quality up front” which, yes, is saying pretty much that the forwards aren’t good enough, but without calling out those particular players for their poor play!

Rowett did mention about the “energy and effort” needing to continue after the Bournemouth game (which was there at Hull), but that “sometimes, don’t know why, in the players minds, one or two just think they haven’t quite got to run with the same intensity, we haven’t quite got our shape! Of course you have to!“ If Rowett is saying this, then why weren’t all the players running with the same intensity? Why aren’t all the players fit enough? Why didn’t they keep their shape? Why isn’t this rectified in the next training sessions (even though we know it won’t be?)

It’s obvious that one of those players not giving that intensity, was Ojo, who hasn’t had a good, standout game since he joined us! How many more games must Rowett play him, before he realises that Ojo will never have that intensity, and that the best thing to do is end his contract, ship him back to Liverpool, and use the loan money in January to bring someone else in?

If Rowett was disappointed with the “manner of the goals we conceded, and we’ve got into the habit of conceding really sloppy goals,” then this hasn’t happened overnight, so why hasn’t Rowett and Barrett addressed this on the training field? It’s not as if Hutch, Cooper and Murray Wallace are novices as centre halfs, so why are these mistakes continually happening?

Talking about Hull’s 1st goal, Rowett said, “We spoke about Honeyman’s late runs, and we don’t track him, we let him run off us, and it’s a free header!” Why aren’t the defenders retaining this information, and using it to their advantage?

This lack of intensity, and players not doing what they are told to do, makes me think more and more that Rowett has lost the dressing room, or at the very least, lost the respect of some of our more influential players! It has to be that, because nearly all the players who played in that Hull match, were in Rowett’s team when he first became our manager, and we were playing well then, and winning more games than we currently are!

If I’m right, then it’s unfortunate that our chairman, John Berylson, the one man who has the power to change things, cannot, or will not acknowledge the ’problem‘ which is apparent to both the players and many supporters, that time is up for Gary Rowett as Millwall manager! It isn’t working, and a change is needed if there is still an aspiration to get us to the play offs by the end of this season!

Sadly, for supporters who want Rowett gone, they know that JB will never sack him whilst we are in the position we are in the league! It is extremely unlikely that we will have a collapse in the 2nd half of the season, and find ourselves perilously close (or in), the relegation zone, to force JB to get rid of Rowett before we’re relegated, so until that happens, we are going to be stuck with Rowett and his dull, defensive football, for a very long time to come!
I don't want Rowett gone, I want him to sign an extension to his contract, We are now an established championship club, We might have a chance of the play offs but in my opinion we don't have a cat in hells chance of promotion, We lost a tight game and a few days ago run promotion favourites Bournemouth ragged in the second half, I have the utmost respect for your opinion but completely disagree with you.

The truth about Mahoney is that he played 45 minutes for the ‘23’s during the week, felt his hamstring, came off and won’t be fit and available for two weeks.
As for GR he is going nowhere soon. If you were in JB’s shoes what would you be looking for this season? Number one priority is to stay in this league. GR will manage that with his eyes closed. Number two is to improve on last seasons final position. At this point we are 10th with 27 points from twenty games, almost one and half points from each game. Project that forward for the last 26 games and we should gain another 22/23 points putting us on around 60 for the season. On last seasons table that would put us 14th. We actually got 62 points last season and if the second half to our season shows a slight improvement then we could do better this season. We could have a decent cup run, sign somebody in the transfer window who could propel us up the table from January. Anybody who thinks that JB will give him the push in the New Year is whistling in the wind. Things were a lot worse before he pushed the insane one out of the door and likewise Lomas so I honestly cannot see him taking action regarding GR.

I am the first to admit that some of his football is not exciting and can be poor to watch with his cautious approach. However, that is hardly grounds for dismissal. If you had spoken to anybody coming out of the ground on Wednesday evening after an exciting draw against the Cherries then any thoughts of a managerial change would have been furthest from their minds.

Yesterday was disappointing but the big question is can we bounce back next Saturday against Brum. Watch this space!

Never been a Rowett fan , but don’t think now is the time to call for his head. Our defenders are making sloppy errors and our midfield can barely pass . Our strikers are feeding off hopeful punts forward. I blame the players for the average performances.

We actually went 4-4-2 and had a go at them yesterday which loads of people have been screaming out for us to do and we got beat. We wanted the team to attack more and we did, we just dont take our chances is that GRs fault or the people the chances fall too? I havent been a fan of some of the football but last two games it has changed and if we dont like that either I am not sure what people want really?

Rowett, good , bad, indifferent, one thing strikes me is that he spends too much time jawing to Barrett and not giving his player’s the inspiration and conviction they need. Sometimes winning a game of football is about the mindset and attitude.

I dont want another manager change. Its easy to throw your toys out of the pram. We are higher in the table than we should be. We actually have the players and just need them to start playing tp the level we know they can. We have some player GR got stuck with due to silly length contracts being given out. See this season out and see where that monies spent in the summer.

Him pointing the fingers at the strikers, although he is correct, hes to blame!

He's played Afobe for a few games & the bloke is getting into his stride.
Bradshaw, he started scoring & wallop, he puts him on the bench.

No consistency at all. Give the strikers time to pair up, build a relationship like we've seen over the years.
Cas & Teddy, Harris & Moody, Gregory & Morison.
Chopping & changing wont ever work!

On the other hand, he sticks with shit like Saville when he offers fuck all.
Mind boggles
Don't remember Chopping & Changing, were they foreign and what was their goal tally. 🤔🤔

There’re several questions for GR to answer but the main one for me is ‘Why can’t Mahoney make the bench, let alone the starting lineup?’🤔

The only player in the squad with the ability to take the ball to an opponent, trick their way by them from a standing start then shot or despatch a testing cross 🤷‍♂️
I know your not his biggest fan but that’s a bit harsh on Jed

There’re several questions for GR to answer but the main one for me is ‘Why can’t Mahoney make the bench, let alone the starting lineup?’🤔

The only player in the squad with the ability to take the ball to an opponent, trick their way by them from a standing start then shot or despatch a testing cross 🤷‍♂️
Largely as he is injured

The truth about Mahoney is that he played 45 minutes for the ‘23’s during the week, felt his hamstring, came off and won’t be fit and available for two weeks.
As for GR he is going nowhere soon. If you were in JB’s shoes what would you be looking for this season? Number one priority is to stay in this league. GR will manage that with his eyes closed. Number two is to improve on last seasons final position. At this point we are 10th with 27 points from twenty games, almost one and half points from each game. Project that forward for the last 26 games and we should gain another 22/23 points putting us on around 60 for the season. On last seasons table that would put us 14th. We actually got 62 points last season and if the second half to our season shows a slight improvement then we could do better this season. We could have a decent cup run, sign somebody in the transfer window who could propel us up the table from January. Anybody who thinks that JB will give him the push in the New Year is whistling in the wind. Things were a lot worse before he pushed the insane one out of the door and likewise Lomas so I honestly cannot see him taking action regarding GR.

I am the first to admit that some of his football is not exciting and can be poor to watch with his cautious approach. However, that is hardly grounds for dismissal. If you had spoken to anybody coming out of the ground on Wednesday evening after an exciting draw against the Cherries then any thoughts of a managerial change would have been furthest from their minds.

Yesterday was disappointing but the big question is can we bounce back next Saturday against Brum. Watch this space!
We may well beat Brum. Will we ever string four wins together like a poor Hull side🤔

I don't want Rowett gone, I want him to sign an extension to his contract, We are now an established championship club, We might have a chance of the play offs but in my opinion we don't have a cat in hells chance of promotion, We lost a tight game and a few days ago run promotion favourites Bournemouth ragged in the second half, I have the utmost respect for your opinion but completely disagree with you.
The problem Is German, what Is the point of It all If no one Is happy watching It?

We are not going to win the league, most don't want to see Wall join the premier league wankers because of everything that comes with It and the damage It will do to the Wall we love. Not only that but we would get annihilated most weeks because our club has a two bob mentality that would embarrass League 1 clubs. Of course It would be fun for a bit, but that will soon wear off once we realise all the restrictions and grief we will be forced to go through just to do the simplest of things. We will be treated worse than the third class passengers on the Titanic. Short of our great cup runs, realistically this Is the best that It will be.

I don't go to Millwall to see us win the League and become an established top tier club like Palace. I go there because It's Millwall. Because the people are Millwall. Because It stirs an emotion In me that can't be explained to anyone who Isn't Millwall. In a sense It's a way of life.

So what are we after? What Is the difference of us finishing 9th or 15th? A few bob more that will just dissapear Into the financial black hole that Is running a football club. The fans won't see the money.

I want to be entertained at Millwall. I don't mind If we lose. I don't like It. But I don't mind as long as players have a go. As long as players try. As long as players are prepared to fight and get stuck In. I don't have any delusions of grandeur. What I have Is expectations based on the premise, the religion, that Is Millwall.

But what we are doing Is treading water for the sake of a fallacy. We have sacrificed the reason we watch football for what Is ulitmaltly an arbitrary number. Looking at the table and our budget, we are doing magnificently. But that's viewing It through a rose tinted, corporate Installed window. The reality Is the complete opposite.

We don't need to be ranked from 1 to 92. We know we're the best team In London, the best team of all. Not because we play the game the right way but because we know who we are. We know what we stand for. We know that when life pipes up and shits on people we're the cream that rise to the top. And when our football dilutes that. When our football turns us off. When our football makes people stay away. When the football makes It a chore to celebrate the thing you love as dear as your family then there Is a fundamental problem. We are not cash cows and we are not commodities. We are Millwall. We are the beating heart, the blood, the lungs, liver and kidneys of the club. We are the reason why the club gets to trade on It's name. It's our literal blood, sweat and passion that gives these cunts the right to earn their money at our expense. But we are being taken for mugs. We are expected to believe that we should be greatful to be where we are. Well I'm greatful that I was born where I was and Into what I was. After that, anyone who puts a downer on what I, you and all the other masochists consider their first love fills me with a feeling that Is certainly not healthy. We shouldn't have to put up with It. We shouldn't convince ourselves that this Is what we deserve. It's aking to being In an abusive relationship.

We all love Millwall. Yet these past few seasons are killing us.

Last edited:
The problem Is German, what Is the point of It all If no one Is happy watching It?

We are not going to win the league, most don't want to see Wall join the premier league wankers because of everything that comes with It and the damage It will do to the Wall we love. Not only that but we would get annihilated most weeks because our club has a two bob mentality that would embarrass League 1 clubs. Of course It would be fun for a bit, but that will soon wear off once we realise all the restrictions and grief we will be forced to go through just to do the simplest of things. We will be treated worse than the third class passengers on the Titanic. Short of our great cup runs, realistically this Is the best that It will be.

I don't go to Millwall to see us win the League and become an established top tier club like Palace. I go there because It's Millwall. Because the people are Millwall. Because It stirs an emotion In me that can't be explained to anyone who Isn't Millwall. In a sense It's a way of life.

So what are we after? What Is the difference of us finishing 9th or 15th? A few bob more that will just dissapear Into the financial black hole that Is running a football club. The fans won't see the money.

I want to be entertained at Millwall. I don't mind If we lose. I don't like It. But I don't mind as long as players have a go. As long as players try. As long as players are prepared to fight and get stuck In. I don't have any delusions of grandeur. What I have Is expectations based on the premise, the religion, that Is Millwall.

But what we are doing Is treading water for the sake of a fallacy. We have sacrificed the reason we watch football for what Is ulitmaltly an arbitrary number. Looking at the table and our budget, we are doing magnificently. But that's viewing It through a rose tinted, corporate Installed window. The reality Is the complete opposite.

We don't need to be ranked from 1 to 92. We know we're the best team In London, the best team of all. Not because we play the game the right way but because we know who we are. We know what we stand for. We know that when life pipes up and shits on people we're the cream that rise to the top. And when our football dilutes that. When our football turns us off. When our football makes people stay away. When the football makes It a chore to celebrate the thing you love as dear as your family then there Is a fundamental problem. We are not cash cows and we are not commodities. We are Millwall. We are the beating heart, the blood, the lungs, liver and kidneys of the club. We are the reason why the club gets to trade on It's name. It's our literal blood, sweat and passion that gives these cunts the right to earn their money at our expense. But we are being taken for mugs. We are expected to believe that we should be greatful to be where we are. Well I'm greatful that I was born where I was and Into what I was. After that, anyone who puts a downer on what I, you and all the other masochists consider their first love fills me with a feeling that Is certainly not healthy. We shouldn't have to put up with It. We shouldn't convince ourselves that this Is what we deserve. It's aking to being In an abusive relationship.

We all love Millwall. Yet these past few seasons are killing us.
I take that on board, But after the last week I think Rowett out is stronging it, we played really well Mon Wednesday and give it a go yesterday, The Hull commentators were praising us for playing out from the back, We can't have it both ways.

"I want to be entertained at Millwall. I don't mind If we lose. I don't like It. But I don't mind as long as players have a go. As long as players try."

Agreed. But can you see the GR haters being happy if we were in the bottom three playing Holloway-esque attacking football and losing week in, week out? They would be calling for the manager's head for losing too many games. There's no pleasing some people.

I take that on board, But after the last week I think Rowett out is stronging it, we played really well Mon Wednesday and give it a go yesterday, The Hull commentators were praising us for playing out from the back, We can't have it both ways.
I don't disagree. In the short term at least. It would be stupid to get rid of him this season.

But something has to change. And all the evidence points at It being that man. Obviously the question Is who comes In and I can't answer that. We've had a lot of worse shit In recent years and that can't be Ignored. The grass Is not always greener. But the negativity at Millwall also can't be Ignored. When life long fans start to become Indifferent about watching us there Is a fundamental problem.

As an aside, and this shouldn't matter If he Is doing the job correctly, I do not get a good vibe off of him as a person. I said the other week when I was ranting about getting signatures that he was a top geezer. That was me being diplomatic and trying to paint a good picture after all the disparaging (but true) remarks because I had made. The truth Is I didn't like him and what with the lack of respect he's shown during minutes silences, I think he's a bit of a wrongen.

"I want to be entertained at Millwall. I don't mind If we lose. I don't like It. But I don't mind as long as players have a go. As long as players try."ss

Agreed. But can you see the GR haters being happy if we were in the bottom three playing Holloway-esque attacking football and losing week in, week out? They would be calling for the manager's head for losing too many games. There's no pleasing some people.
No. Certain types of people are never happy. We are a very fickle bunch.

But I'm not anti Rowett because he's Rowett. I'm anti the tedious, negative and draining football I have to watch. Maybe because we have not had, the second half of Harris's first season In the Championship aside, any worthwhile football the past 6/7 years that things seem worse. But something has to give. Maybe this Is the end of a very long straw but, I reiterate, when the atmosphere Is non existent and life long fans become Indifferent, there Is a fundamental problem.

I know your not his biggest fan but that’s a bit harsh on Jed
The emphasis was ‘from a standing start’, with Jed he’s primarily a one trick pony ie run at an opponent, push the ball past him and hope to beat him to the ball’.

I know many don’t rate Ojo but, like Mahoney, he also has the ability to walk towards an opponent and jink his way pass them, unfortunately other areas of his game let him down.

If Jed could do this he would have been snapped up by a bigger club ages ago!

Last edited:
The emphasis was ‘from a standing start’, with Jed he’s primarily a one trick pony ie run at an opponent, push the ball past him and hope to beat him to the ball’.

I know many don’t rate Ojo but, like Mahoney, he also has the ability to walk towards an opponent and jink his way pass them, unfortunately other areas of his game let him down.

I wonder exactly what Jed and his advisers are expecting come January- June, It's disgraceful players are allowed to scheme behind a club's back, I hope we don't suffer him signing a pre contract agreement with another club, He will be left in no doubt what the fan base think of that idea.

I get all that Purley but year in & year out he gets goals & he gets assists, he’s not only our best performer stat wise every season but he’s also one of the best performers in the Championship. Oh, and he can run for 90 minutes and hardly ever gets injured. You could argue that Mahoney would have been snapped up by a bigger club by now if he was any good. Jed might come unstuck if he moves to a “bigger” club just like Saville did but he will be hard to replace.