FOR GOD SAKE ROWETT GO

superlion

Never have i wanted a manager to go has much as I want this clown to go.
Killing the club with his negative football ,killed the atmosphere never heard us as quiet as this season.
The worst championship I can remember and were not even having a go no wonder stoke and Derby still hate him. PLEASE ROWETT FOR GOD SAKE GO

Has come out and said that it will be back to 5 in defense, and our attackers are not good enough.

GR out!

While he continues to pick the likes of Saville,Ojo,Evans we are going nowhere,got to get Jed in his correct position and not all over the pitch doing nothing ,game today was crying out for a winger to help out Danny mac on the attack ...our passing and choice of pass was abysmal throughout the game and build up play was at a snail pace ....not good enough

I think he'll go next season which is par for his course. When a 'Wall supporter of 66 years cannot get enthusiastic about the 'Wall and that includes the reign of Peter Anderson then something is seriously wrong.
I have a feeling he will go before the season is finished.

Has come out and said that it will be back to 5 in defense, and our attackers are not good enough.

GR out!
In his OS interview he didn’t actually say the forwards weren’t good enough, he just trotted out his standard line that “we needed a bit more quality up front” which, yes, is saying pretty much that the forwards aren’t good enough, but without calling out those particular players for their poor play!

Rowett did mention about the “energy and effort” needing to continue after the Bournemouth game (which was there at Hull), but that “sometimes, don’t know why, in the players minds, one or two just think they haven’t quite got to run with the same intensity, we haven’t quite got our shape! Of course you have to!“ If Rowett is saying this, then why weren’t all the players running with the same intensity? Why aren’t all the players fit enough? Why didn’t they keep their shape? Why isn’t this rectified in the next training sessions (even though we know it won’t be?)

It’s obvious that one of those players not giving that intensity, was Ojo, who hasn’t had a good, standout game since he joined us! How many more games must Rowett play him, before he realises that Ojo will never have that intensity, and that the best thing to do is end his contract, ship him back to Liverpool, and use the loan money in January to bring someone else in?

If Rowett was disappointed with the “manner of the goals we conceded, and we’ve got into the habit of conceding really sloppy goals,” then this hasn’t happened overnight, so why hasn’t Rowett and Barrett addressed this on the training field? It’s not as if Hutch, Cooper and Murray Wallace are novices as centre halfs, so why are these mistakes continually happening?

Talking about Hull’s 1st goal, Rowett said, “We spoke about Honeyman’s late runs, and we don’t track him, we let him run off us, and it’s a free header!” Why aren’t the defenders retaining this information, and using it to their advantage?

This lack of intensity, and players not doing what they are told to do, makes me think more and more that Rowett has lost the dressing room, or at the very least, lost the respect of some of our more influential players! It has to be that, because nearly all the players who played in that Hull match, were in Rowett’s team when he first became our manager, and we were playing well then, and winning more games than we currently are!

If I’m right, then it’s unfortunate that our chairman, John Berylson, the one man who has the power to change things, cannot, or will not acknowledge the ’problem‘ which is apparent to both the players and many supporters, that time is up for Gary Rowett as Millwall manager! It isn’t working, and a change is needed if there is still an aspiration to get us to the play offs by the end of this season!

Sadly, for supporters who want Rowett gone, they know that JB will never sack him whilst we are in the position we are in the league! It is extremely unlikely that we will have a collapse in the 2nd half of the season, and find ourselves perilously close (or in), the relegation zone, to force JB to get rid of Rowett before we’re relegated, so until that happens, we are going to be stuck with Rowett and his dull, defensive football, for a very long time to come!

Last edited:
It's just so f*****g boring watching Millwall play 85% of the time since Drawett has been manager...
The last couple of home games things have liven'd up in the 2nd half, and there are flashes here and there of the attack and fight to win the game.
Just go Rowett, you are not the right man for the job.

Him pointing the fingers at the strikers, although he is correct, hes to blame!

He's played Afobe for a few games & the bloke is getting into his stride.
Bradshaw, he started scoring & wallop, he puts him on the bench.

No consistency at all. Give the strikers time to pair up, build a relationship like we've seen over the years.
Cas & Teddy, Harris & Moody, Gregory & Morison.
Chopping & changing wont ever work!

On the other hand, he sticks with shit like Saville when he offers fuck all.
Mind boggles

We are mid table at Xmas with one of the smallest budgets in the league.
So? Why is it that just because we’re ‘little ole Millwall,’ we can’t aspire to be better than what we currently are?

Its called wanting progress. Two seasons ago we finished 8th, last season we finished 11th! That isn’t progress. That’s going backwards! Unless we finish 11th or better this season, we won’t have progressed for a third year running!

If we don’t get into, and cement a place in the play offs, by the end of this season, then Rowett’s 3 year plan has been for nothing! What does he do then? Start another 3 year plan? We’re not fucking Charlton - moving the goalposts because we’re not getting what we originally wanted!

mfcjohn said up thread that he thinks Barrett will be Rowett’s replacement! Personally, I don’t believe Rowett will walk - for two reasons! The first is because he’s sitting pretty at the moment, and he knows that if he keeps the club where they currently are in the league, JB won’t fire him! The second is that he’s probably well aware than with Millwall, he’s in the last chance saloon when it comes to managing in the Championship! His poor track record speaks for itself: he failed at management at the three midland clubs he was in charge of, and I doubt another side in our division will take him on if he was sacked by JB! After us, he’ll have to start plying his trade in leagues 1 or 2!

There’re several questions for GR to answer but the main one for me is ‘Why can’t Mahoney make the bench, let alone the starting lineup?’🤔

The only player in the squad with the ability to take the ball to an opponent, trick their way by them from a standing start then shot or despatch a testing cross 🤷‍♂️
Rumour as it that he does not want to play under Rowlett because of lack of quality game time , broken promises and the fact they don't really get on,

Last edited by a moderator: