FOR GOD SAKE ROWETT GO

i think GR, has had ample time to put a settled team together and all he does is mix it up and tbh its a bore to watch. hes deprived a millwall team of havingany passion and no postive formation of a style of play. the muppet has been sacked twice for doing nothing,i like so many others have followed the lions for years and to me GR is one of the worst mangers we have ever had and every time i go to the den,i come away with the right hump.
He won’t go and the Chairman is obligated to run the club as a business and being a mid table championship side is probably good business? But Millwall without passion ain’t Millwall for me and GR”s brand of football is sucking the passion out of the players and definitely the supporters. I’ll get coated for saying it but I’d rather watch a passionate relegation battle than the current dross. The most disinterested I’ve been in Millwall in 50 years of being a fan.

The watershed moment was when Callum Davidson left in June 2020. Since then he has gone on to do the double of the The Scottish League Cup & Scottish Cup in his first season. We know what GR’s track looks like by comparison don’t we!? 🤔 They we’re obviously a good team when working together but the better half left. 🙁

He won’t go and the Chairman is obligated to run the club as a business and being a mid table championship side is probably good business? But Millwall without passion ain’t Millwall for me and GR”s brand of football is sucking the passion out of the players and definitely the supporters. I’ll get coated for saying it but I’d rather watch a passionate relegation battle than the current dross. The most disinterested I’ve been in Millwall in 50 years of being a fan.
Did you find the second half against Bournemouth boring? I'm quite aware it's only one game.

Did you find the second half against Bournemouth boring? I'm quite aware it's only one game.
No you are right it was much more like it, but I think the issue is that this overly cautious approach is in GR’s DNA and he will revert back especially after Saturday’s defeat. Hope I’m wrong but don’t think he can help himself?
I know you have been following Wall for many years through more downs than ups but have you ever seen less passion in the stands?

McCarthy’s last few months when he knew he had the Ireland job. And, he persisted in playing Maurice Doyle. It was the only time that my mate and I intentionally did not go even though we were ST holders. And they only managed a draw against Wrexham, I think.

we got beat at hull giving it a real go cant see how you can moan about that
we are not going all season unbeaten lol
GR can only do with what he's got the chairman isn't giving him a war chest
so we make do with frees and other teams cast off and do our best
promo to the championship was build on defence this season for what ever reason we are not as good as we have been
i do agree some of the football under Harris (long ball) and GR has been some of the worst football for years to watch but they have kept us up
for a lot of us old boys the modern game is dog shit but it is what it is

we got beat at hull giving it a real go cant see how you can moan about that
we are not going all season unbeaten lol
GR can only do with what he's got the chairman isn't giving him a war chest
so we make do with frees and other teams cast off and do our best
promo to the championship was build on defence this season for what ever reason we are not as good as we have been
i do agree some of the football under Harris (long ball) and GR has been some of the worst football for years to watch but they have kept us up
for a lot of us old boys the modern game is dog shit but it is what it is

Pretty much my thoughts as well...
(y)

No you are right it was much more like it, but I think the issue is that this overly cautious approach is in GR’s DNA and he will revert back especially after Saturday’s defeat. Hope I’m wrong but don’t think he can help himself?
I know you have been following Wall for many years through more downs than ups but have you ever seen less passion in the stands?
Your talking to someone who hates half of our support, Fucking divvy cunts who think spreading there arms and giving it Miiiiiiiiiiiil makes them a chap, However I concede there's a sense of apathy from the stands, I think that's with football in general rather than just us, The last few months of Harris was so bad it's easy to be better than that, Go back to the toxic Holloway, I will take mid table over that anyday.

I honestly think there is a fair bit of post lockdown apathy going on at most stadiums at the moment.

Rowett might be is boring, but he is giving us stability and that is probably what the club needs right now. We are not going to be spending big in January or any time soon for that matter.

Should we be going all out for wins, at home perhaps, but are all our players giving 100% all the time? In my opinion, no, that's why we can only offer halves of decent football.

I feel that the almost full negative set up of GR seems to not makean altogether happy 11 on the pitch which transfers that negative state to the stands (and on boards like this).
I am struggling to recall games that I can say were entertaining and the only one that springs to mind was the 0-3 away at Forest.At least under NH we can remember some fantastic games and atmospheres despite his short comings,can't really say that about GR.

Going to football is not cheap and I personally want to be entertained for than 45mins whether that be a win/loss/or more likely a draw under GR,it's not like I demand half the money back and now it's becoming less and less fun for a variety of reasons,one of which German Herman has already alluded to.

GR is a perfect fit for the board at the moment in such uncertain times and remaining a mid table side in the Championship is the best we are going to get at the moment.

On a personal note,this will be my last season going to watch Millwall after nearly 40 years (moving abroad) and hoped it was one worth remembering or at least some matches.

Members online