Football Gone Mad

That is my point, they are not in our position before quitting football to go there.
They are already worth tens of millions.
And they travel about, seeing the world and rake more in whilst playing a bit of football in between. They're fit young professionals and a long time retired. I think most people would accept what is basically treble your current wage for a couple of years.

they will be playing exhibition matches pretending it means something in return for pure greed.
You don't know that for sure. We're mainly a lot older than the players who earn this money. Would we have the same attititude if we were in out 20's? They're fit and healthy humans so why wouldn't they want to play football for as long as possible? They're young and probably not bothered about politics or human rights which we already knew.

The money is on the table so i don't see how it's greed or wrong for players to take advantage of it. Would you refuse a pay rise that would treble your wage? I charge per the hour when i DJ, starting at £60. I got offered £90 recently and took it without blinking. This is what's happeninfg with players going out to Saudi.

Two years living in luxury, millions into your bank and off back home or to the next well paid gig. There's very few people that wouldturn tha down.

Last edited:
I do actually, shame more people couldn't do the same.
And footballers do to, plenty. Drogba, Essien all did plenty for there place of birth. New schools, clean water, infrastcure. Becauese it isn't always publicly known doesn't mean they don't do their bit.

Most footballers come from poor working class backrounds. They're no different than me or you in that they'll do there bit for the less well off in our communities.

yes, very true but my point on this post was the part you cut out and decided not to comment on ;)
Okay, to stop your cynism
Yeah yeah I know it isn't about Millwall, whatever, move on if you're getting upset and wetting yourselves, but Mbappe 300 million!!! Seriously millions of hungry/homeless people and the Saudi's spend like cash is going out out of fashion (mm hang on...)
What else do you want me to reply to? I only reply to what i quote so what is your paranoid little mind thinking i've missed?

Okay, to stop your cynism

What else do you want me to reply to? I only reply to what i quote so what is your paranoid little mind thinking i've missed?
OK a bit confused here... you have quoted on a post of mine, I fully understood what you was referring to and replied accordingly but made the point that this was not the point of my post... as in the point of my post was....

Another thought about players like Mbappe, how would it affect their International career playing in a country where beheading is more popular than sport! Think about it, if you are not playing with/in the best type of players/leagues week in, week out, will it affect his 'sharpness of mind' that is needed at International level?

But you copied and pasted...

Yeah yeah I know it isn't about Millwall, whatever, move on if you're getting upset and wetting yourselves, but Mbappe 300 million!!! Seriously millions of hungry/homeless people and the Saudi's spend like cash is going out out of fashion (mm hang on...)

Which had nothing to do with what was part of the post you had quoted...

Unless you misunderstood 'post' for 'Thread'?

Another thought about players like Mbappe, how would it affect their International career playing in a country where beheading is more popular than sport! Think about it, if you are not playing with/in the best type of players/leagues week in, week out, will it affect his 'sharpness of mind' that is needed at International level?
Just for you- I doubt he gives a fuck and i think he'll stll be selected for his country.

Happy now dear?

Just for you- I doubt he gives a fuck and i think he'll stll be selected for his country.

Happy now dear?
Not so sure he would if his standard dropped... however, It's unfolding as we speak there are reports that he has turned down the offer to play in the desert, so it's all Pie in the sky old chum.

Not so sure he would if his standard dropped... however, It's unfolding as we speak there are reports that he has turned down the offer to play in the desert, so it's all Pie in the sky old chum.
If there's a year or two before the next big international tournament it probably won't affect France anyway.

Members online