Football Gone Mad

Not everyone though, i don't have any respect for those that do.
Bang on mate. Money will never be a priority to me. Grew up with fuck all like most on here and obviously need money to get by, but over the years I've had it, lost it, had it. Don't make you happy, can make you comfortable and not needing to worry about whether or not there's tea on the table tomorrow, but I reckon one week on £200k would set me up. Henderson has had that for 4 years, what's he going to do with another £30m a year?

Not everyone though, i don't have any respect for those that do.
But it’s no different to you being head hunted for another job because you’re good at what you do, and that’s usually reflected in an increased salary! I would think most people leave their job for better pay (not always, granted), but if an employer offered you more, would you really not take it?

Can’t see Mpabbe moving to the Saudis his man bird could end up chucked off a building or stoned to death

scratch that he broke up with him in December 2022

But it’s no different to you being head hunted for another job because you’re good at what you do, and that’s usually reflected in an increased salary! I would think most people leave their job for better pay (not always, granted), but if an employer offered you more, would you really not take it?
There job is different, if we had there money we wouldn't be working anyway.
Majority of these players have earn't plenty and don't need more, all that is left is the rest of their career's and instead they won't be playing at the highest level possible, winning more trophies and caps, they will be playing exhibition matches pretending it means something in return for pure greed.

Another thought about players like Mbappe, how would it affect their International career playing in a country where beheading is more popular than sport! Think about it, if you are not playing with/in the best type of players/leagues week in, week out, will it affect his 'sharpness of mind' that is needed at International level?

I don't understand why a top European club hasn't come in for him yet... If Real Madrid come in at 100 Million Euros, I'd reckon he'd rather play there for that sort of money rather than 300 million playing in a third rate career ending football league.

There job is different, if we had there money we wouldn't be working anyway.
Majority of these players have earn't plenty and don't need more, all that is left is the rest of their career's and instead they won't be playing at the highest level possible, winning more trophies and caps, they will be playing exhibition matches pretending it means something in return for pure greed.
Trouble is, and we saw it with Gazza after he retired, footballers don’t want to stop playing. In their 35 year old heads they’re still 20 again, even if their legs and body aren’t!

When they do retire, some of them lose focus because the discipline and day to day training and missing the buzz of match days are gone, so they try to find other ways of recreating that buzz (drugs, gambling etc.) In the case of Gazza it didn’t work! Not only did he suffer financially, but so did his mental health!

You could say that a player like Messi could have retired years ago, with the money he’d already made, but to him football is the drug he won’t find anywhere else if he retired at the age of say, 30, as he was 6 years ago! So why not continue as long as you can, and if some idiot chairman wants to pay handsomely for your services, why wouldn’t you take it?

Another thought about players like Mbappe, how would it affect their International career playing in a country where beheading is more popular than sport! Think about it, if you are not playing with/in the best type of players/leagues week in, week out, will it affect his 'sharpness of mind' that is needed at International level?

I don't understand why a top European club hasn't come in for him yet... If Real Madrid come in at 100 Million Euros, I'd reckon he'd rather play there for that sort of money rather than 300 million playing in a third rate career ending football league.
Probably because his yearly salary would be tax free? That’s not something many European clubs might be prepared to offer a player!

Seriously millions of hungry/homeless people and the Saudi's spend like cash is going out out of fashion
It's not the Saudis' of footballs job to solve political and humanitarin issues. We have expensive phones and mod cons, are you going to cut back or give those up and donate the wedge to a homelss charity.

Clubs here are spending money like it's going out of fashion. Hundreds of thousands a week on one wage. Regardless of that it's still not footballs problem or remit to get involved,just as it isn't Tecos. Argos or facebooks.