Flemming in

If we can get 1 or 2 of the other players we have been linked with along with Burke and possibly Afobe now his deal has fallen though, with back up for Danny and Scott we will have a decent squad that could really do well this season. Apart from the teams that came down that will be strong this season and expected to be challenging, none of the other teams worry me and we could be pushing for the playoffs.

If we can sign 3 more players of that same calibre mixed with a couple of loanees then we are looking up the table rather then down. A great signing that but can't do it all on his own,we are so paper thin at the minute of quality!
I think once the players GR is pursuing see that we’ve bought a high calibre Dutch player, playing in Europe, and for the amount we’ve paid for him, they will see what GR and the club are trying to build here, and that may help in getting their signatures on 3 or 4 year contracts!

Of course the flip side to Flemming’s £2M+ signing is that other clubs might believe we have more money to splash about than we have, and put their prices up!

Seems equally comfortable with both feet, and his head. Could we have another contender to take over Cahills ability to nut in a few from crosses, assuming we get them right that is.

I think once the players GR is pursuing see that we’ve bought a high calibre Dutch player, playing in Europe, and for the amount we’ve paid for him, they will see what GR and the club are trying to build here, and that may help in getting their signatures on 3 or 4 year contracts!

Of course the flip side to Flemming’s £2M+ signing is that other clubs might believe we have more money to splash about than we have, and put their prices up!
Reckon you could be spot on. Funny thing with the money, we all seem to assume how much is available but we haven't got a clue whats on the table. We may have gone big and got into lumber with this transfer or Huski might have slipped £20m into the coffers and said spend it wisely. None of us have got a scooby. Hope you're right though, could be a very exciting season