First ever game

24th of April 1971

Home to Hull City and it sticks in my mind like it was yesterday, can recall the walk into cold blow lane under the railway bridges/arches and the excitement I felt aged 9 as we got nearer the ground, the smell of boiling onions permeated the air with the old boy in a white like doctors coat shouting “ peanuts,peanuts” as we walked under the last railway arch, graffiti on the dirty white wall tiles read T Tex, You are now entering bovverland, and “ if you come, you’ll get done Villa” ( although the latter may have been brocklehurst street 🤔)

then as we approached the fence at the back of the halfway line I remember seeing dozens of daily mirror billboards advertising the coming FA cup final being Arsenal v Liverpool a few weeks away.

my grandad lifted me over the turnstile where I saw scores of long haired youths on the CBL stairs in doctors marten boots some in butcher coats, most with blue and white bar scarves either reading programmes or looking for any stray Hull bods who might have entered the wrong end, I was then handed my first ever wall programe as we climbed the steps to the corner of the HWL & Cold blow standing under the old bill observation box on the high steps, the green pitch and yellow crash barriers along with the orange seats couldn’t have looked any more uncoordinated but it was too late, I was already hooked, the game ended with us winning 4-0 and we played away to Sunderland the following week beating them 1-0 if my memory serves me right.
My grandad never saw us at Wembley and I bawled my eyes out at old Trafford after we beat Sunderland to reach the cup final, I just couldn’t forget how proud he would have felt and for being the great man he was introducing me to the greatest club in the world 🦁

I'm of the "really old bastard" brigade ! End of the 61/62 season for me because I remember the change from Ron Gray to Billy Gray and also that awful night we lost to Shrewsbury in the League Cup in September 1962. If anyone truly believes we have not progressed then you were not at the last game of the 1978/79 season when we lost 0-2 to Preston in front of 2,833 at The Den. Thank you Mr. Petchey ! I wonder if I shall get a free Season Ticket

Can’t remember my first game but can remember my sons. I had moved out to Kent a couple of years before he was born and he was at a local school where most of the kids supported Chelsea as they were doing well at the time. Probably be Man City now. Anyway, when he was about 4 he came home one day and asked if it was ok to support Chelsea as all his mates do. I told him that it up to him but I would never take him Chelsea. He asked who I supported so told him Millwall. He thought about this and then said he might support Millwall too. I then told him that if he supports Millwall then we can go to games together. He liked this idea. Next game turned out to be spotters at home. We went and I got him a shirt and some other stuff, it was a full house and we won 4-0. He was hooked and never looked back. He is now 18 and off to uni up north so the season ticket has turned into a membership and we won’t be going as many games together this season. Leeds will be his last game for a bit but I am already looking forward to the Xmas time fixtures when he is back and we can get down the den for some games together.

March 88, v Crystal Palace. Grandad took me and my brother as kids and we loved it. My Uncle got us in the players lounge after and we thought all our Xmas’s had come at once, couldn’t move for my uncle’s mates buying us cokes, crisps and scratch cards. Met all the players got signatures etc.

Full circle last year when my mate offered me a table in the platinum club, it was only Horne there as one of the ex pros, told him he was in goal for my first game, he looked after my wife and girls sorted them with gifts, lovely bloke. Also met up with my Uncle (the same one that took me as a kid) and my cousin as they are both regulars in the 1885 club. The best thing for me was my girls loved it, I was so proud.

Haha...What a night of highs and lows that was..
:grinning:

My first game was April 1966. Millwall vs Swansea (1-0).
I do remember I was lifted over the turnstile and if I remember correctly.
we won promotion that day, or maybe the game before (away at Mansfield).
Either way, a great start to my 'Wall journey.
:grinning:
I was 4 day's old the day that game was played so my mum wouldn't let me go.

My first game was against Plymouth Argyle in the 1957/8 season and started with a 1/0 home defeat. Since then I have always considered Plymouth as a bogey team for us.…..and who put an end to our unbeaten home run? Fuckin Plymouth!
Further to my previous post. As a general rule it’s the Father that takes the son to his first game. In my case my Dad liked football but not to the extent of supporting a club. So it was my next door neighbour’s son who was only a few years older than my 7 years that took me to my first game….. Kinnel! Can you imagine an 12 year old kid taking a 7 year old to a football match today? I know it was a different era but Kinnel my parents and my neighbours must have been fucking mad or totally oblivious to any potential danger or both!.
One day I asked the neighbour if he was going to Millwall on Saturday to which he replied “No, my team is the Arsenal”. Now it is highly probable that if his son had followed in his footsteps and supported the Arsenal, I would have seen my first game at Highbury and would have probably become a Gunner! Thank fuck his son had better taste!

Started going with my Dad 1970-71 season in the all white strip. Remember the 71-72 season better, remember the nightmare tube journey to watford, we won 1-0. Also the Orient v Birmingham, my Dad and uncle nearly chinned a couple of brummies near us coz they let me stand near the front. Dad obviously thought they were a couple of nonces.

Millwall 0-4 Crystal Palace...1997 pre-season friendly.

Millwall 0-2 Bristol City... Oct 1997...was my first league game

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣
Did you think you were a bit of a Jonah, Nobby?
No goals for and 6 conceded in two games. You would have been forgiven for fucking off to Palace!😀😀😀😀

Staff online

Members online