First ever game

Millwall 0-4 Crystal Palace...1997 pre-season friendly.
If this is the game as I remember Clinton Morrison scored but my main memory was the fans picked out a colossal fat bird in the North Stand who was wearing an understandable massive purple shirt. The chant goes up about the fat bird in the purple shirt.

Funny thing was there was this ginger bloke in the row in front of us, angry sweaty I think, jumping up and down ranting all game. They spotted him and came back with a ginger chant, this fella was going mental. Me and my mate and brothers falling around laughing.

That’s what I love about football, about Millwall. The laughs, don’t matter the score or league position sometimes.

First ever game was wimbledon v weeds in 1975 FAC at selhurst, dons ground wasnt big enough. First Wall game at the old place v ipswich in FAC in 1978 lost 6-1 but apart from losing loved every minute of it 🦁
That was my second wall game. Not dull.

Wanted to go Man U game, as I knew they would get canned at the den, as they had played up every where, but to young to go

24th of April 1971

Home to Hull City and it sticks in my mind like it was yesterday, can recall the walk into cold blow lane under the railway bridges/arches and the excitement I felt aged 9 as we got nearer the ground, the smell of boiling onions permeated the air with the old boy in a white like doctors coat shouting “ peanuts,peanuts” as we walked under the last railway arch, graffiti on the dirty white wall tiles read T Tex, You are now entering bovverland, and “ if you come, you’ll get done Villa” ( although the latter may have been brocklehurst street 🤔)

then as we approached the fence at the back of the halfway line I remember seeing dozens of daily mirror billboards advertising the coming FA cup final being Arsenal v Liverpool a few weeks away.

my grandad lifted me over the turnstile where I saw scores of long haired youths on the CBL stairs in doctors marten boots some in butcher coats, most with blue and white bar scarves either reading programmes or looking for any stray Hull bods who might have entered the wrong end, I was then handed my first ever wall programe as we climbed the steps to the corner of the HWL & Cold blow standing under the old bill observation box on the high steps, the green pitch and yellow crash barriers along with the orange seats couldn’t have looked any more uncoordinated but it was too late, I was already hooked, the game ended with us winning 4-0 and we played away to Sunderland the following week beating them 1-0 if my memory serves me right.
My grandad never saw us at Wembley and I bawled my eyes out at old Trafford after we beat Sunderland to reach the cup final, I just couldn’t forget how proud he would have felt and for being the great man he was introducing me to the greatest club in the world 🦁
Lovely M👏👏

First game was a night affair in 1960, can't remember too much only I thought you played football on cinders not grass....never seen so much grass in one place

Early 70s, too young to remember what game. The first season I can remember properly was 75/76 when we pipped Palace to promotion. Stand out memories for me were seeing a bull walking on the pitch at Hereford and the game at Swindon.

Been told my Mum went when she was pregnant with me in the late 60s, if that counts.