Fans abusing the players

You could see it on the match thread and just back thread. Question marks being raised, doubts creeping in, suggestions of what Joe should have done ( which means he should have done what they wanted.)After the event and with the benefit of hindsight of course. A run of defeats and normal service will be resumed by the same poster LWTL in particular plus a few others. That will happen in the stadium and hey presto we'll need another manager :clap::clap:
often from people who are always looking for a 'free stream' to watch the game and are too tight to get one through the club for a tenner. Don't put anything in but want the club to spend money it doesn't have on the latest 'gem' they've identified!

We always stay beyond the end to clap the players off the field, regardless of the result, they are not out there trying to lose.

Losing a game is depressing enough without having to listen to some angry retard venting his spleen in the direction of our team. I've put plenty of similar characters on MO onto my ignore list for that very reason.

I was in the top tier front row just to the left of the goal. One young idiot just behind me - must have been stood almost next to Tom Bradshaw and his family - actually said to his mate on the final whistle ‘I’ll clump anyone who claps that rabble’ meaning the players. That’s the mentality where now surrounded by.

Anyone else old enough to have witnessed the 6 - 1 defeat to QPR in 1966?
(The game when Len Julians threw the coin back into the crowd which cut some young kids eye) Some of our lot on Saturday would have needed counselling
Yep. I was there. Our manager came round with a loud hailer shouting ‘please get off the pitch. The game will be abandoned unless you do’. Some choice of words

We always stay beyond the end to clap the players off the field, regardless of the result, they are not out there trying to lose.
after getting beat 3 -0 up at sunderland last season the team didnt come over to acknowledge the fans, that got my blood boiling.

Don't put anything in but want the club to spend money it doesn't have on the latest 'gem' they've identified!
Ha. Very good point.

My favourite on the match threads is when one of the sheepskin brigade pop up seconds after the team line ups are posted to slag off the manager and selections. Only for ' he's fucking shit ' to score the first goal. It's the last you see of them until either A- we lose that game or B- the following week.

I hardly ever read the match thread when the game is being played. I skim through it later. I know a few posters that have stopped posting because of a couple of strings that dump there crap on here. That is a shame.

i know its not the same thing as the pro league
but even when you go over to play on a Sunday morning. now you get
kids who are so serious about the whole thing never have a joke in the changing room never get out to put the nets up and if you make a mistake in a game want to talk shit never want to shake hands after the game completely take it to serious... never go for a beer after the game
just think its how the game is now

For the record I was in the end block for the first half (Y1) and the lads around me weren’t too bad. I was even impressed that one youngster knew the QPR fan with the sombrero & rattle was actually flying the Moroccan flag so wasn’t a Mexican c*** (you had to be there)
It was only when I moved into the middle block to get a better view that wished I’d took headphones, there was a bird in front of me going ape shit & a bloke with a pink cap waving JE & the players away after they came over at the end of the game.
Don’t get me wrong, we were shit but this level of abuse goes too far
He was a Moroccan cunt, right?

Don’t understand it either or get what they’re trying to achieve. Like most – if not all – on here I’ve thought WTF when player A comes on instead of player B or let out a “for fucks sake” when a chance goes begging or a soft goal is conceded. But I thought the ‘Millwall Way’ was to get louder and louder after a fuck up not turn on the players.

Noticed it’s happening both home and away more last couple of seasons. At Stoke, just before Xmas, there were a few that jeered and gave ‘thumbs down’ when the players came over at the end. Admittingly it wasn’t the best of games but we didn’t lose and could have snatched a win in the last minute. Bet they would have reacted differently if Aidomo’s chance had gone in so, basically, their response to the game depended upon 10 seconds of play.

At Plymouth, earlier in the season, there was bloke late 20s/early 30s worse for wear trying to start a “Gary Rowett your football is shit” within the first 10 minutes. Why travel all that way on a cold Tuesday night with the aim of singing that. At the end he was at the front celebrating with the players without any trace of irony.

As I see it, the players come over at the end to join in the celebrations when we win but, whatever the result, to respect the fans and to thank them for turning up and supporting them and the team. Even more so when we’re away. Not for any self-reflected glory. How would those who don’t return that respect react if they just walked off at the end and ignore the fans. I bet they’d be all over social media talking about a lack of respect etc.

They’re happy enough to sing “come rain or shine” at the start of every match but want it to be blazing sunshine at the end or else. Life, football – especially Millwall football - isn’t like that.
That's funny about Plymouth! People are strange aren't they - all that effort to get there to be pissed off with being there within 10 minutes! Funny.

Mate there were some absolute divs out in force on Saturday. Never see them at usual games with the normal fans.

Some geezer shouting about edwards non stop from the first 5/10 minutes, he didn’t even make sense. Was like he wanted people around him to agree. Bradshaw was in the crowd, bet that was an interesting seat for him 🤣

Some people just get boozed up and have no idea what they’re even saying.
Standard fare for the london based games, Numpty day trippers getting tickets and making tits of themselves, wont see them again now until QPR/ any london team next season thankfully.

Agree completely. And I came to the same decision as you about not renewing season ticket after covid cleared off. I was unsure at the time whether I was doing the right thing; before covid I used to hate missing a home game although since about 2016 that feeling had started waning a bit.
Even when i spent three year out of London i did every home game. Hove and back. Saturday and midweek where i was getting through my front door at half past midnight. It's along day. When you're staunch it's hard to stop going but when like me the decision was made for me and it makes me sad to say but i don';t miss it anymore.It's easy not to go back once the bond is broken. That's the 90 minutes in the ground. I miss my lot, the social aspect and being amongst what i used to deem my family- other Wall but not no more.

I see a generation coming through that i have absolutely fuck all in common with and even less in regards of respect. I know a lot of our youth that are south Londoners and from good stock. They are the only ones i have anytime for and mainly cause they're a stamp of there old man, grandfather and know how to carry themselves.

It's the new breed and fucking strings that have been reared in dozy places in Kent/ outer London that i can't take. Overdosed on Danny Dyer/ youtube vids of FV but never thrown a right hand in anger. They don't know the code, the one we grew up with on the streets of South London. To make it worse these pests get a bit of marching powder into them and morph into a character from football factory. Kids, oaps, shirters from oppo clubs are all fair game to them then but run a mile at the bang of a gong.

We had to step in twice a few seasons back up north when they started something with willing takers who began to weigh them in so we ended up getting our hands dirty. When that fizzled out not one of them was to be seen until we got back to the station. Words of wisdom were issued. I'm finished if i get nicked again as are another three of my lot. Jail, banned and businesses down the drain and all for those little shitrags. The odd away we do know we drive and do our own thing.

Got a text just after the game. My mates telling me that our divs are banging on shop windows owned by asians then opening the door and shouting fuck palestine at the Joes before they run off. Little bit of pavement action further along and the same bods shot across the road to swerve it. If you did that years ago you'd be clumped and couldn't show your face again.

Next season will be my first without a ST in nearly 20 year. I think i'll enjoy it more picking and choosing. It's nice going when you've missed it so that's my plan. Absence makes the heart grow fonder but my days of come rain or shine are over and that is because of what we've evolved into. The day a drum appears and that's my lot altogether and trust me it will happen.

At Plymouth, earlier in the season, there was bloke late 20s/early 30s worse for wear trying to start a “Gary Rowett your football is shit” within the first 10 minutes.
Bristol city at home this season. First game, just after an emotional ten minutes paying our final respects to My Berylson. Five minutes in booing and Rowett plus players being booed, told to fuck off and being told they're shit. All in the earshot of a grieving wife and kids of Mr Berylson. I was marched out by mate onto the concourse in an absolute rage.

My mate calmed me down and said fuck em mate they ain't worth it. We spent most of the game on the concourse with like minded older bods that were in the same mindset as us. I haven't been back since. Illness kicked in and made it difficult to attend but it also made it easy for me to break my emotional ties with the place and many of the wonderful top notch people that i've got to know over my 46 year of attending. Straight goers and loons that goes for.

I didn';t want togo back after the Bristol game. The absolute shitshow and humiliation of our manager at Norwich was confirmation for me that the time is right to devote less of my precious time and money to something that i no longer enjoy and to be around a certain type of person (s) that makes me ashamed and sad to think i have something in common with them.

Last edited:
It's the same at the Den depending where you sit. You can be lucky or unlucky to be near a div with plenty to say. These strings are regulars and ST holders. We are no different to most clubs now in regards to fuckwits and mouthy cunts that can't back it up. Booze and other stimulants isn't helping the situation. We have a type of fan that think they're upholding our off the pitch rep by abusing people and turning on the team they've handed over good money support.

I always thought that what happened with Burey and then Rowett would set a bad precedent and empower the fuckwits. There are fans that believe they had a hand in getting Rowett gone by there actions. I believe it did have some baring on his decision to go. Burey fucked of too. Anytime they ain't happy and want there way they will do what they believe worked on there last target.

This isn't going to end, if anything it will get worse. Again- societal change and pure self entitlement with a large dollop of delusion and a shit load of arrogance.

My opinion is that although we are getting big gates part of us is dying out. It's only a generational thing that has made sure the change/ evolution is a slow process but it/ we ain't that far off being near unrecognisable to what we knew and loved. Societal changes also playing a part.

There's at least ten of us that won't be renewing our ST's next season. All lifers with 40 plus years time served. Can't be fucked anymore cause it isn't the same club that it was ten year ago never mind 40. Hopefully the know it alls that sit here barking out instructions from the comfort of there living rooms on a matchday might actually go and support the club for a change.

We have an impatient younger generation that are accustomed to instant gratification and when demanded. On top of that they don't understand Millwall nor it's history or place in the footballing pyramid. They don't care about facts, realities, financial disparities they just want success and now. Have to add the obvious which is we also have older fans that are more or less of the same mindset.

You only have to read some of the shit, bed wetting and flounces on here. There are many fans that would be happy to see our board risk our existence by chucking money about like confetti and all for selfish reasons------- The fucking premier league--------- The pinnacle of cuntdom. A fucking saps wet dream. The same cunts that have meltdowns when we lose, predict our demise and relegation as early as November. The same cunts that think they know more than geezers that have been involved in football for the same amount of time that the bed wetters have been cunts- Decades and counting.

Can you imagine what they'd be like if we were in the premier league?? Fuck me it don't bare thinking about. It's quite funny to see the usual crank and suspects slowly realize that JOE isn't a fucking magician and that he's got the same issue as Rowett had and what the next four managers will have- restrictions and limitations. We've always had them so how fucking thick are these turbo muppetts that demand play off spots and more??

That little run of wins and draws in December put an end to the excuses after a defeat- it's Rowetts team, poor Joe has been left with shit etc. Well those wins and points accumalated has put that one to bed. I'd be slightly embarrassed too! It wasn't Rowetts fucking team that beat Norwich- it was Joes ( vomit) but it was Rowetts team when we lost to Leicester and Cardiff. So now Rowett is no longer a valid excuse Edwards will be next albiet slowly.

You could see it on the match thread and just back thread. Question marks being raised, doubts creeping in, suggestions of what Joe should have done ( which means he should have done what they wanted.)After the event and with the benefit of hindsight of course. A run of defeats and normal service will be resumed by the same poster LWTL in particular plus a few others. That will happen in the stadium and hey presto we'll need another manager :clap::clap:

We might play nicer football under Edwards. He will get his own players in but i don't think it'll change our fortunes. I don't think he'll get anywhere near where Rowett had us. What a great relegation that was eh Dave! What a way to go down mate, we played some great stuff and i don't care if we end up in the conference as long as it's pretty and not pragmatic ball that Harris and Rowett played.
Bed wetters!!!.......I told you that in confidence, P. 😁

Numpty day trippers getting tickets and making tits of themselves,
Maybe because we're now getting the lower tier which means members who need no attendance record can get a brief. The top tier only days meant that our loyalist fans got first dibs them the rest going to fans that have a done few aways. It never got to the members stage or bods trying to palm tickets off on Twitter 12 hours before kick off cause they couldn';t get the double bubble that they were first looking for. There was briefs being offered about last Friday for 50 and 60 notes. Saturday i was getting pinged left right and with messages saying there's loads still on offer for face value!

Bristol city at home this season. First game, just after an emotional ten minutes paying our final respects to My Berylson. Five minutes in booing and Rowett plus players being booed, told to fuck off and being told they're shit. All in the earshot of a grieving wife and kids of Mr Berylson. I was marched out by mate onto the concourse in an absolute rage.

My mate calmed me down and said fuck em mate they ain't worth it. We spent most of the game on the concourse with like minded older bods that were in the same mindset as us. I haven't been back since. Illness kicked in and made it difficult to attend but it also made it easy for me to break my emotional ties with the place and many of the wonderful top notch people that i've got to know over my 46 year of attending. Straight goers and loons that goes for.

I didn';t want to back after the Bristol game. The absolute shitshow and humiliation of our manager at Norwich was confirmation for me that the time is right to devote less of my precious time and money to something that i no longer enjoy and to be around a certain type of person (s) that makes me ashamed and sad to think i have something in common with them.
That's an awful shame. I can't begin to imagine the mindset of those so called "supporters" who are in the enviable position to be able to get to games regularly, yet spend their time slagging off our lads.
But for their behaviour to have such a detrimental effect on the stalwarts of our supporters is unacceptable.
I know I don't get over as much as I would like to, but when I do, no matter the result, it's a privilege to be there. It's not a cheap day out for me, and I go with the intention of enjoying every second of the trip.
It's not difficult for me to understand just how sickened you veterans are, when you are forced to listen to the shit that some come out with.
God forbid, but maybe a few seasons in lower leagues would ensure that these types of fuckwits never returned.

Mate there were some absolute divs out in force on Saturday. Never see them at usual games with the normal fans.

Some geezer shouting about edwards non stop from the first 5/10 minutes, he didn’t even make sense. Was like he wanted people around him to agree. Bradshaw was in the crowd, bet that was an interesting seat for him 🤣

Some people just get boozed up and have no idea what they’re even saying.
There's plenty that don't need a drink to have no idea.

Even when i spent three year out of London i did every home game. Hove and back. Saturday and midweek where i was getting through my front door at half past midnight. It's along day. When you're staunch it's hard to stop going but when like me the decision was made for me and it makes me sad to say but i don';t miss it anymore.It's easy not to go back once the bond is broken. That's the 90 minutes in the ground. I miss my lot, the social aspect and being amongst what i used to deem my family- other Wall but not no more.

I see a generation coming through that i have absolutely fuck all in common with and even less in regards of respect. I know a lot of our youth that are south Londoners and from good stock. They are the only ones i have anytime for and mainly cause they're a stamp of there old man, grandfather and know how to carry themselves.

It's the new breed and fucking strings that have been reared in dozy places in Kent/ outer London that i can't take. Overdosed on Danny Dyer/ youtube vids of FV but never thrown a right hand in anger. They don't know the code, the one we grew up with on the streets of South London. To make it worse these pests get a bit of marching powder into them and morph into a character from football factory. Kids, oaps, shirters from oppo clubs are all fair game to them then but run a mile at the bang of a gong.

We had to step in twice a few seasons back up north when they started something with willing takers who began to weigh them in so we ended up getting our hands dirty. When that fizzled out not one of them was to be seen until we got back to the station. Words of wisdom were issued. I'm finished if i get nicked again as are another three of my lot. Jail, banned and businesses down the drain and all for those little shitrags. The odd away we do know we drive and do our own thing.

Got a text just after the game. My mates telling me that our divs are banging on shop windows owned by asians then opening the door and shouting fuck palestine at the Joes before they run off. Little bit of pavement action further along and the same bods shot across the road to swerve it. If you did that years ago you'd be clumped and couldn't show your face again.

Next season will be my first without a ST in nearly 20 year. I think i'll enjoy it more picking and choosing. It's nice going when you've missed it so that's my plan. Absence makes the heart grow fonder but my days of come rain or shine are over and that is because of what we've evolved into. The day a drum appears and that's my lot altogether and trust me it will happen.
its always good to read what you have to say mate shame you are giving it up
what is a real shame is the club we are part of and have formed a massive part of our lives won't give a fuck

On Uxbridge Road QPR were on the other side walking opposite direction. I called one gobby one a fucking wanker and started chasing after him (idiotic for the reasons you give) but our younger lot who I thought were looking for it just looked at me as if I was mad and stood there when I thought they'd take it as a cue to steam in. Probably a good thing it came to nothing given all the OB. I don't condone my own action but it's so ingrained in me after 50 years of it. Very different breed now it seems. We had great times. No one can take that away from us.

Members online