Fans abusing the players

onlyagame

Pretty horrendous in block Y4 on Saturday and it was non stop in the second half.
Is it warranted? Does it make them play any better? I doubt it.
When the players came over at the end of the game there were “fans” just screaming at them to f*** off (and yes, I’d paid my hard earned too) I was almost embarrassed to clap in case I got a clump!
On balance, I’d rather they saved their vitriol for on here

Mate there were some absolute divs out in force on Saturday. Never see them at usual games with the normal fans.

Some geezer shouting about edwards non stop from the first 5/10 minutes, he didn’t even make sense. Was like he wanted people around him to agree. Bradshaw was in the crowd, bet that was an interesting seat for him 🤣

Some people just get boozed up and have no idea what they’re even saying.

Pretty horrendous in block Y4 on Saturday and it was non stop in the second half.
Is it warranted? Does it make them play any better? I doubt it.
When the players came over at the end of the game there were “fans” just screaming at them to f*** off (and yes, I’d paid my hard earned too) I was almost embarrassed to clap in case I got a clump!
On balance, I’d rather they saved their vitriol for on here
How do they even get tickets.

Some moron who sat next to me in the first half was bad mouthing everyone from start to finish and when they scored went berserk :shake:

Totally out of control 🤦‍♂️

Fortunately he later moved elsewhere and I was left to watch the dross in peace 🕊️
Purley, did you take your Grandchildren?
I’m glad I didn’t take mine. It’s not the odd bit of swearing, they can handle all that, it’s just that some of these players are their “heroes” and I wouldn’t have wanted them to listen to all that non stop abuse.

How the bloody hell does that help anyone?
Abusing our own players, with the venom that should be aimed at the enemy, can only damage our lads confidence.
The team coming over to the supporters to show their appreciation - even if the result was like Saturday - should be accepted like it was probably intended. An apology for not playing well.
Abuse won't help the squads self confidence, and can have a damaging effect on young player's performances, as history has shown.
I get the frustration, but go to get behind the lads, not continually cunt them off.

I said it the other day. People need to stop getting absolute drips their season tickets. Will not benefit anyone, especially the team.
It's the same at the Den depending where you sit. You can be lucky or unlucky to be near a div with plenty to say. These strings are regulars and ST holders. We are no different to most clubs now in regards to fuckwits and mouthy cunts that can't back it up. Booze and other stimulants isn't helping the situation. We have a type of fan that think they're upholding our off the pitch rep by abusing people and turning on the team they've handed over good money support.

I always thought that what happened with Burey and then Rowett would set a bad precedent and empower the fuckwits. There are fans that believe they had a hand in getting Rowett gone by there actions. I believe it did have some baring on his decision to go. Burey fucked of too. Anytime they ain't happy and want there way they will do what they believe worked on there last target.

This isn't going to end, if anything it will get worse. Again- societal change and pure self entitlement with a large dollop of delusion and a shit load of arrogance.

My opinion is that although we are getting big gates part of us is dying out. It's only a generational thing that has made sure the change/ evolution is a slow process but it/ we ain't that far off being near unrecognisable to what we knew and loved. Societal changes also playing a part.

There's at least ten of us that won't be renewing our ST's next season. All lifers with 40 plus years time served. Can't be fucked anymore cause it isn't the same club that it was ten year ago never mind 40. Hopefully the know it alls that sit here barking out instructions from the comfort of there living rooms on a matchday might actually go and support the club for a change.

We have an impatient younger generation that are accustomed to instant gratification and when demanded. On top of that they don't understand Millwall nor it's history or place in the footballing pyramid. They don't care about facts, realities, financial disparities they just want success and now. Have to add the obvious which is we also have older fans that are more or less of the same mindset.

You only have to read some of the shit, bed wetting and flounces on here. There are many fans that would be happy to see our board risk our existence by chucking money about like confetti and all for selfish reasons------- The fucking premier league--------- The pinnacle of cuntdom. A fucking saps wet dream. The same cunts that have meltdowns when we lose, predict our demise and relegation as early as November. The same cunts that think they know more than geezers that have been involved in football for the same amount of time that the bed wetters have been cunts- Decades and counting.

Can you imagine what they'd be like if we were in the premier league?? Fuck me it don't bare thinking about. It's quite funny to see the usual crank and suspects slowly realize that JOE isn't a fucking magician and that he's got the same issue as Rowett had and what the next four managers will have- restrictions and limitations. We've always had them so how fucking thick are these turbo muppetts that demand play off spots and more??

That little run of wins and draws in December put an end to the excuses after a defeat- it's Rowetts team, poor Joe has been left with shit etc. Well those wins and points accumalated has put that one to bed. I'd be slightly embarrassed too! It wasn't Rowetts fucking team that beat Norwich- it was Joes ( vomit) but it was Rowetts team when we lost to Leicester and Cardiff. So now Rowett is no longer a valid excuse Edwards will be next albiet slowly.

You could see it on the match thread and just back thread. Question marks being raised, doubts creeping in, suggestions of what Joe should have done ( which means he should have done what they wanted.)After the event and with the benefit of hindsight of course. A run of defeats and normal service will be resumed by the same poster LWTL in particular plus a few others. That will happen in the stadium and hey presto we'll need another manager :clap::clap:

We might play nicer football under Edwards. He will get his own players in but i don't think it'll change our fortunes. I don't think he'll get anywhere near where Rowett had us. What a great relegation that was eh Dave! What a way to go down mate, we played some great stuff and i don't care if we end up in the conference as long as it's pretty and not pragmatic ball that Harris and Rowett played.

Last edited:
I was almost embarrassed to clap in case I got a clump!
That's awful mate and i'm sorry that you felt like that. It shouldn't be the way but it is and can understand your caution/ apprehension. Fucking shocking and equally sad as to what's becoming of us. I hope it doesn't put off your grandson from going to games.

I thought our support at qpr on Saturday was poor, really poor in fact. A bit of noise for the first ten minutes then large periods of near silence until we went a goal down and as seems to be the way most of the time nowadays lots of moaning and abusing our own players, Nisbet and Watmore the targets on this particular occasion. Of course the whole team was booed off again at half time by the self proclaimed ‘best fans in the world’

I’ve been to I’d say most games at Loftus Rd over the last 40 years or so and it summed up the change in the expectation level of our fanbase. For example think back to the match when Malone scored that late equaliser over there, we were a goal down and virtually all but relegated but it didn’t stop us from getting behind the team and it eventually paid off. It seems like the self deprecating black humour that we used to have while enjoying the day out with mates is slowly changing into the modern social media mindset of ‘we demand to be entertained’.

Agree with all of the above, don’t have the patience or energy for these cunts anymore.
Totally embarrassing most of the time, the tube ride back to Bond Street had some fuckin divs talking total bollocks and playing up.
As Peckham said, are they trying to live up to the reputation? cos frankly our older mob were a handful at times but they never bothered Joe Public and embarrassed themselves or made our own fans uncomfortable like OAG .

was sat next to Zian Flemming Dad and brother on Saturday
was having a chat as you do about all things millwall
they are very nice people and know the game
started off ok with fans singing his name but by the end he was getting dogshit
his dad and his brother are better men then me if that had been my boy i would have been nicked again

They are regulars mate.
I’ve mentioned it before in several threads but, the STH who this season sits next to me at The Den is a loud and foul mouthed moron who knows sweet FA about tactics and rules and his vitriol is incessant :shake:

Several times I’ve wanted to tell him to shut up but thought better of it.

Unfortunately, the only time I can watch a game in peace is when we’re getting badly beaten and he leaves the ground early 🤦‍♂️

I’ve mentioned it before in several threads but, the STH who this season sits next to me at The Den is a loud and foul mouthed moron who knows sweet FA about tactics and rules and his vitriol is incessant :shake:

Several times I’ve wanted to tell him to shut up but thought better of it.

Unfortunately, the only time I can watch a game in peace is when we’re getting badly beaten and he leaves the ground early 🤦‍♂️
You could try change to another seat, maybe? I'm sure the club would help if they can.

You could try change to another seat, maybe? I'm sure the club would help if they can.
I’ve sat here for several years, surrounded by people I’ve got to know and get on well with, including a relation who sits on my right.

Why should I be, effectively, driven out by a moronic idiot? 🤷‍♂️

I think it’s only a matter of time before I say something to him, it’ll be interesting to see how he reacts 🤔